• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
From this longer reel of Owlboy-related announcements. You can see the consoles and release date at the 6:31 mark:

Can't wait to check it out, I've heard great things about the game and it looks/sounds charming as hell. Glad the wait is almost over!

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought it on PC day one but never finished... I might double dip for the Switch. But I dunno, I won't lie that I keep stalking their Facebook page hoping to score a code for the eventual console version.

Deleted member 59

Awesome, been waiting for this on switch since it was shown on it in Japan a couple months back. Another indie gem for the collection.

Strider

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I played it on pc and it's a very good game with some wonderful art and music.

Early 2018 is starting to look really stacked so hopefully it doesn't go unnoticed. Game deserves success.

Ancirawr

Oct 26, 2017
Denton, TX.
Oh god now to decide between Switch and PS4 (honestly I'll probably go with Switch but if that trophy list is nice idk). Wonder if there will be a physical copy available or if LRG will help out on this one. Stoked to try the game either way

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's an incredible game and easily one of the very best games I played this gen. I don't know if I'll double dip but if you didn't yet, you definitely should play it.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I may double dip on a physical edition.

It's a great little game, perhaps not one of the real big hitters of the indie scene but one that remains novel in execution and has charm in spades.
And also Owls, of course.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Really excited to play this, alongside Hollow Knight whenever that may be. Definitely gonna be the Switch version I reckon.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if there still missable gold coin on last version ? or they change it ? Because it was my biggest turn off of a amazing game.

Dosmo

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Now I don't know if I should get it on PC or Switch. It's on sale on Steam right now, but it would be nice to have it portable.

middlegray

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Jesus. Great pixel art makes me giddy and this thing has such incredible reviews--I'd be insane to miss it on Switch. BUT! I'm not typically into Metroidvanias, regardless of quality. It's a genre thing, I guess. Like, for as much as I loved the art and vision of Ori, not even that held me for very long.

So, Era, should I give Owlboy a shot, given my history? I wanna be a believer!

OP
OP
Fireblend

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Also I find it funny that Owlboy got a Switch release date before Hollow Knight :P Come on Cherry Team, gimme some good news soon

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I will absolutely love buying this game again. Maybe on Switch?

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
Finally, a DATE!! Can't wait for this to come out. Will be double dipping, as I never finished it on PC.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus. Great pixel art makes me giddy and this thing has such incredible reviews--I'd be insane to miss it on Switch. BUT! I'm not typically into Metroidvanias, regardless of quality. It's a genre thing, I guess. Like, for as much as I loved the art and vision of Ori, not even that held me for very long.

So, Era, should I give Owlboy a shot, given my history? I wanna be a believer!

Its not a metroidvania but a somewhat linear narrativedriven game instead actually.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Aww man, I was hoping for it a bit sooner but still very glad to get a firm date - hoping Hollow Knight hits in-between!

Bashful Trey

Oct 27, 2017
Houston TX
I am so glad this is dropping. It was fading into the background and was going to be completely forgotten. Now I'll get it on my Switch. Looks like a high powered GBA game.

Dubloon7

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Day 1 (PSvita AND PS4)

HOLLOW KNIGHT!HOLLOW KNIGHT!HOLLOW KNIGHT!HOLLOW KNIGHT!HOLLOW KNIGHT!HOLLOW KNIGHT!HOLLOW KNIGHT!HOLLOW KNIGHT!HOLLOW KNIGHT!HOLLOW KNIGHT!HOLLOW KNIGHT!HOLLOW KNIGHT!HOLLOW KNIGHT!

Dr_Biscuit

Oct 28, 2017
France
Finally ! I didn't want to play it on a PC monitor. I was waiting for a PS4 release. I have been waiting for this game since 2011, still have the demo installed on my PC.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'd been following Owlboy for years before it came out and when it did, I couldn't help but be a bit disappointed. It has spectacular presentation, with a stunning artstyle and soundtrack. The story is also surprisingly engaging, with characters you start to care about over time. However, the gameplay and design are what keeps this from greatness. In both the exploration and dungeon parts I found myself going through the motions pretty quickly, there was nothing that really stood out in terms of design. The dungeons in particular were very mundane affairs for me. Everything was there for a standout game, but the design lagged behind and because of that I could never completely get into it.