• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
3ohfv81orlk81.jpg

Owlcat Games of Pathfinder cRPG fame posted a recent update. With the sanctions and Russia being removed from SWIFT, I just thought it could serve as a reminder how even a small studio like them can be affected by a madman's stupid plan of invasion. They're in a rough place, speak out and they face worse problems from Russia, they can't access their payments, the ruble is currently in free fall.

I know a lot of us (I like to think all) agree with the West's response to Putin but the average Russian is still hurt by his actions.

Fuck Putin.

EDIT

For context, Owlcat Games is based out of Moscow, Russia
Right, forgot to mention this.

Last edited:

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
This is written in such a safe way... But I suppose if they straight out said "Fuck Putin" they could say goodbye to their business.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
This is written in such a safe way... But I suppose if they straight out said "Fuck Putin" they could say goodbye to their business.
They were already treading in rather dangerous water for depicting LGBT characters positively in their games, and a AMA done a long while ago basically indicated that this wasn't accidental or forced upon them by Paizo via source material (the creators of the Pathfinder franchise). Wrath of the Righteous for instance outright features a married lesbian couple that serve high positions within your advisory council throughout the game, and one black male companion that can only be romanced by male characters.

They absolutely have to lay low until hopefully this all blows over.

Unless I'm mistaken, their website seems to show Cyprus as their main address? But they also operate in Russia.

IIRC they're mostly based out of Moscow, but I imagine they have offices outside of Russia will probably take over most of the duties of collecting payment and continuing development in a diminished capacity. The main office likely won't be able to access that money (or manufacture anything physical to ship out).

Last edited:

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I can see alot of russian game companies closing thanks to fucking putin and his war