• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

image0.png

image0.png

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What a worthless asshole.

The only people more pathetic are his cheerleaders in the comments.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Why is Rafi so interested in the employees at barstool sports?

Also, firing someone for unionizing or even inquiring about unionization should be illegal

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Both those tweets are in violation of Federal Labor laws. I'm sure the Trump administration will be on this in 3...2...1...

Planx

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine thinking "Barstool Sports" is a good name and standing by it.
it's a pretty good name though? Sports bars are very popular and they're trying to give the vibe of a dive-y sports bar. There's plenty to criticize them for, but this feels like a "look at that bitch eating crackers" complaint

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How can he sue anybody "for damages and back wages" because an employee wants to unionize?

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 99.9% sure he's not serious. Portnoy is a troll and he's doing it to wind up people on Twitter

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
How can he sue anybody "for damages and back wages" because an employee wants to unionize?
I'm sure employer really wants to fire someone, they will find any reason they can to fire that person.
So you can't legally be fired for wanting to form a union but it still happens in reality
Because of loopholes

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
it's a pretty good name though? Sports bars are very popular and they're trying to give the vibe of a dive-y sports bar. There's plenty to criticize them for, but this feels like a "look at that bitch eating crackers" complaint

It's literally a zero effort name. It would be like if I opened a restaurant called "Plates, Knives and Forks". Zero creativity.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's literally a zero effort name. It would be like if I opened a restaurant called "Plates, Knives and Forks". Zero creativity.
of all things you are gonna say the name is shit. The name means nothing, they are one of the biggest/most recognizable brands out there right now in sports.

But yeh, if you follow anything Portnoy does it becomes pretty clear he is a huge asshole.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tried to post a tweet they made a few days ago rating the attractiveness of a pedophile, but I don't see it showing up.

May 5, 2018
F**k Barstool sports! I saw them on an episode of Real Sports and they are the ultimate cesspool of sports fandom and journalism. Though these tweets don't surprise me.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I struggle with barstool being pretty problematic and their fans being huge shitbirds....

and their ability to make me laugh consistently. Initially I thought Dave was kidding but this was kinda yikes. I do wonder what their work culture is like since it always looks like everyone is living the dream there.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
If you try to prevent abuse by a maniacal boss and being fired without good reason I'll abuse my powers and fire you without good reason!

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I struggle with barstool being pretty problematic and their fans being huge shitbirds....

and their ability to make me laugh consistently. Initially I thought Dave was kidding but this was kinda yikes. I do wonder what their work culture is like since it always looks like everyone is living the dream there.
Yeah, none of their employees are looking to unionize. Portnoy knows this, hense why he can get away with a tweet like that.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just going to quote myself from some time ago.
Next generation sports media being in the stranglehold of the Masshole Industrial Complex is a sad, sad thing.

What a terrible millennium this has been. Sports were better when all Boston had to fall back on was a dozen championships from a ten team NBA that the city hated and didn't value anyway because the star was black.
America's way worse off with the Masshole contagion escaping its provincial borders in a part of the country no one but its own residents gave a fuck about and infecting the whole damn country.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's apparent if you look at his history that he's just having a laugh winding people up. But he is an asshole.