• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing that means SS3 will still be in development by someone. Timi?

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will continue praying to the eldritch ones that System Shock 3 releases as intended by its creators!

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Does/did Otherside even have ownership of the IP? It's with the GOG people right?

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
We already got SS3 and it's called Prey.

a6plq6p1_700w_0.jpg

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
I'm yet to play an Immersive Sim game, but I have my eye set on the System Shock Remaster as being the one I introduce myself to the genre with.

How's that one going along?

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is this good or is this bad? At least that mean the game wont die/cancelled, right?

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
A Chinese publisher deciding things on a game where AI that has taken over the space station? Tencent is from a country where the social credit system has been rolled out and the search to push the boundaries for using AI to secure the reign of the party are expanded daily. That's almost as ironic as Xbox having a team under them now that made an RPG about mega corporations and exploitation in the future (The Outer Worlds).

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
So you don't play anything from:

Riot
Ubisoft
Epic
Bluehole
Activision-Blizzard
Supercell
Platinum
Frontier
Paradox

And you don't use Discord?
Only thing in this list I play from is Activision-Blizzard, and that's for Classic WoW lol

I don't know why not trying to support Tencent is controversial. It's a pretty fine stance to take. Also Prey 2017 is SS3. Go play it.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
How tf did this thread immediately devolve into attacking a dude for saying that he doesn't like tencent and tries not to support their products. It's not like he is practicing BDS, it's just a video game company. There are obviously exceptions, who care.

Anyway, System Shock 3 just doesn't feel very necessary in 2020. We have so many games inspired by it and the duology is so revered, I don't know if we need a third.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
You skip every game that uses Unreal Engine too?

Okay, once and for all.
Yes, it's impossible to avoid everything that has anything to do with Tencent by proxy.
Yes, it's still a completely valid choice (and none of your business, to boot) to not want to give money DIRECTLY to Tencent.
Cool?

You know I remember a while back you refused to say what games you worked on, I still wanna know.

Of those I can talk about and the list posted above, some Ubisoft ones.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, once and for all.
Yes, it's impossible to avoid everything that has anything to do with Tencent by proxy.
Yes, it's still a completely valid choice (and none of your business, to boot) to not want to give money DIRECTLY to Tencent.
Cool?
That's one of the issues with capitalism, the bigger they are,the harder they are to avoid. What's gonna help more is political activism.