• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GreatBriTom

Host/Producer at GameSpot
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I spoke with the founders of Night School Studios for the fifth anniversary of Oxenfree. We talked about the game's place in indie history, potential new games in the Oxenfree world, and how the originally planned film is in the works to become a TV series.

www.digitaltrends.com

Oxenfree's Legacy Continues with an Upcoming TV Series | Digital Trends

The founders of Night School Studios talk about the game on its fifth anniversary, and how plans for a movie have turned into plans for a potential TV series.

The very good news is it actually now is packaged up with another group and it is very likely going to move forward, but as a series. Not a lot to announce yet, but in the middle of last year we started working on that. It's an adaptation of the game, but that would be a whole new set of variables at play. So we're excited. Even with our second game, Afterparty — there's a lot of things happening with Afterparty behind-the-scenes, too. But Hollywood is slow and difficult.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I need to get back to playing & finishing the game itself. I downloaded it recently and go to the first "moment" (won't spoil) in the game, but got distracted by other games.

DogNut327

Aug 10, 2020
I mean, what're the chances this ever sees the light of day? Absolutely loved the game though and I'll definitely be there for any future sequels

OP
OP
GreatBriTom

GreatBriTom

Host/Producer at GameSpot
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, what're the chances this ever sees the light of day? Absolutely loved the game though and I'll definitely be there for any future sequels

Considering that they've already been burned with the film deal, I doubt they'd say anything if there wasn't a stronger chance this was going to happen.

Jun 24, 2019
That's pretty cool, I enjoyed Oxenfree!

I wonder if it's going to be animated, I dig the game's artstyle and vibe.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Oh very nice. They could go in some wild directions with it, that's for sure.

One episode a time loop?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like Oxenfree alot, it will be tough for a live action series to capture that atmosphere.
Pretty easy actually due to it being heavily influenced from live action movies and series. LOL Now whether their execution is successful in capturing that atmosphere in live action is another story, but the act itself wouldn't necessarily be tough due to past precedence.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
now some exec needs to hit up Roll7 for an Olli Olli series

but yeah, spooky teen stuff could definitely be a winner on TV, even if I think that it'll miss out on parts of what made Oxenfree what it was

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Oh super interested on this.

I started the game not knowing anything about it, and ended up loving it. I really hope it's animated and retain the same artstyle.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I finished Oxenfree, it was good. I really liked the humour in Afterparty, but it wasn't enough to keep me going past a couple of hours. The drinking gameplay wasn't very fun.