• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Guessing you didn't watch the whole video.... :P

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
It doesn't work.

Modify the title please as that's flat out wrong.
Looks like it's technically fine, but Sony have a check to enable backwards compatibility and they turned it off for P.T.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
the game worked at first but then was made to be incompatible later.
so this is absolutely konami telling sony to set the game to incompatible.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
When you really wanna tell the world about the PS5 news but don't have time to watch the whole 2 min video lol

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
šŸ’”
Did they deliberately break it?

Most likely. Given the situation surrounding the game, I doubt it was tested for BC compatibility, and from Sony's perspective, I imagine it makes more sense to cut off avenues of unofficial support than allow users to run a game that could -- as infinitesimal as the possibility may be -- cause stability issues.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
the funny thing is if people hadn't made such a huge noise questioning whether PT would be backward compatible, Konami/Sony might not have gone and requested it be disabled, at least not before launch like this

Nov 28, 2017
PS4 won't be packed until we get confirmation that the proxy method works (same PS4 code, so less likely) or SONY enables this specific SKU back on BC mode.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Konami literally had gold in their hands.
Now all they want to do is bury it.
What an absurd company.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
For clarity:

I played it on the PS5 almost as soon as I set the machine up.

I went back to check a few days later. It didn't work.

mookie1515

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand people saying to keep PT machines. It's easy as hell to download PT to any PS4, the rub is having the actual license to run it, right? That's tied to your account.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Such a unique, weird little piece of gaming history. Murdered by Konami, much like everything else worthwhile they had.

The API is server side, so it checked compatibility online and then blocked it from booting.

Wait, so in order to play BC games, you need to be online for the servers to give you permission? Or am I misunderstanding things.