• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Sorry for the language in the thread title, but I'm peeved. In fact, I'm downright vexed.

You see, my four-year-old son got this big-ass horror doll toy from a horror themed attraction last week, and he's been so obsessed with it that I thought it'd be a good idea to show him a video of P.T. Naturally, he was mesmerized by what he saw, and being the gamer father that I am I promised him that we'd buy it and play it on PS5 when we got back from Orlando. Well, now we're back and he's jonesing to play some P.T.

Well guess fucking what... it's just gone from PSN. Poof, nothing. See ya later.

header.jpg

Konami to potential users on PS platforms: "So long, fuckos!"

You go to this store page link and you're greeted with a "this shit ain't here" message.

Well that's just fuckin' lovely, isn't it? And there's no physical version of P.T for PS4, so that's out the goddamn window as well. I simply can't download this game in any form for a PlayStation platform and play it with my son. And other than one forum post from the Old Site I've seen zero mention of this anywhere. Konami's Twitter page has said nothing, and I've seen nothing of the sort on any gaming sites anywhere.

I just want to play P.T at 60fps on my PS5 with my son who loves creepy stuff! Why can't I do that? Now I'm sitting here watching the tears well up in my son's eyes (and my own), struggling to find the words to explain to my boy why his dad's a big ol' failure who can't even provide a night of Kojima-made horror action. This is some bullshit.

Last edited:

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
Wasn't this delisted like years and years ago after the Kojima/Konami falling out?
Not to say that it isn't bad that something like P.T. can be delisted and just disappear from the world (kinda similar to the Scott Pilgrim situation) but the reason you might not be finding anything is just because of how old the controversy is

I remember after it getting delisted there were a lot of people selling their PS4s for like... thousands on Ebay because it still had P.T. installed on it

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
There's plenty of fucks given when it happened. Idk if this thread is serious or not.

edit: oh it's a joke thread

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Shhh, my PS4 with PT will be worth millions in the future. Don't take my millions from me!

Shaoran Hyku

Aug 6, 2020
That's bizarre. I wonder if it's a mistake that no one's noticed.

Great game, too. Deserves every sale it can get.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the effort 100%, OP

Shitty part is... I have the game downloaded but Sony won't let me play the damn thing on PS5

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
P.T WILL BRING MY FATHER BACK!
gustds says: P
gustds says: .
burgerdicks says: P.T maybe?
gustds says: T

Last edited:

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just play that mission in Watch Dogs Legion or almost any horror game of the last 5 years, they're close enough

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Joke about the thread title aside, P.T. was a moment in time. The demo itself... is actually just some esoteric bullshit, elevated by the mystery around it, especially as people were streaming it and figuring it out.

There's communities dedicated to making their own attempts to recreate P.T. out there.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Y'know how emulators usually (or used to, at least) target a major mainline game as their baseline during development, as that is what will draw the most people towards it?
Genuinely curious if any of them will target PT as that baseline lol.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Sorry for the language in the thread title, but I'm peeved. In fact, I'm downright vexed.

You see, my four-year-old son got this big-ass horror doll toy from a horror themed attraction last week, and he's been so obsessed with it that I thought it'd be a good idea to show him a video of P.T. Naturally, he was mesmerized by what he saw, and being the gamer father that I am I promised him that we'd buy it and play it on PS5 when we got back from Orlando. Well, now we're back and he's jonesing to play some P.T.

Well guess fucking what... it's just gone from PSN. Poof, nothing. See ya later.

header.jpg

Konami to potential users on PS platforms: "So long, fuckos!"

You go to this store page link and you're greeted with a "this shit ain't here" message.

Well that's just fuckin' lovely, isn't it? And there's no physical version of P.T for PS4, so that's out the goddamn window as well. I simply can't download this game in any form for a PlayStation platform and play it with my son. And other than one forum post from the Old Site I've seen zero mention of this anywhere. Konami's Twitter page has said nothing, and I've seen nothing of the sort on any gaming sites anywhere.

I just want to play P.T at 60fps on my PS5 with my son who loves snakes! Why can't I do that? Now I'm sitting here watching the tears well up in my son's eyes (and my own), struggling to find the words to explain to my boy why his dad's a big ol' failure who can't even provide a night of Kojima-made horror action. This is some bullshit.
was the missed "snakes!" by design, or a gemuine miss?