• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SappYoda

Oct 25, 2017
I think it deserved it's own thread. It's an amazing video describing what P.T is and what Kojima intent was by releasing it.

youtu.be

P.T.'s Hidden Meaning

♪ Is this heaven, or is this hell? ♪♪ Through a silver screen, you're sayin' what you mean ♪♪ But I can't tell ♪Sources:https://pastebin.com/xHUB0GwqMusic:Ch...

It's made by theGrateDebate a YouTube channel that definitively deserves more subs :)

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow.

That was crazy. On one hand it almost seems too much but at the same time it seems like exactly like something he would do.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Really old video but definitely worth looking at. It's a very crytpic game but there certainly was a specific story to extract from it, and it's why I grieve less about the death of Silent Hills because P.T. by itself was such an experience.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Really old video but definitely worth looking at. It's a very crytpic game but there certainly was a specific story to extract from it, and it's why I grieve less about the death of Silent Hills because P.T. by itself was such an experience.

Actually this video was released today. Not the same video as before. Very different.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TheGreatDebate is a fantastic channel. Loved their other P.T. video, will watch now!

Mr Punished

Oct 27, 2017
OUTER HEAVEN
This is a new video. Very fun watch. I think it's reaching in a few areas, but there are unquestionable autobiographical references to the Kojima split in both MGSV and PT.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Bobvids and VoidBurger, the two hosts of The Grate Debate, are awesome, they both do a ton of good video game content, and VoidBurger is together with one of the best Let's Players around, Chip Cheezum. All great people!

VoidBurger starred in and edited a really good let's play of Silent Hill 2, with Bob co-commenting, that has both a subtitled new-to-the-game cut and a Nerd-Out-Over-The-Game-Vocally-With-Spoilers cut, which is absolutely fantastic to listen to!

Plus, BobVids does Absolutely Hilarious streams of horror games and posts them to YouTube on his archive channel, while also making highlight reels of them seperately.

VoidBurger also has fun streams, more casual but still great, with a long running one of all the content in the Overcooked Games, very easy listening.

All in All, if you haven't heard of these two yet, look up their stuff and have a good time!

Last edited:

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. That was a fucking great vid. Don't think Ive seen this guys work before but plan to check out more.

Been awhile since Ive watched some fun Kojima fan theory vids. Ive missed this.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
omg my mind is blown already at point #1
PT wasn't a demo for Silent Hills, but more metaphorically an autobiographical detailing his relationship w/ Konami
OMG the amount of investigating work he's putting in and lining up events is top notch...

Alright guys I've never seen ANY of this guy's video but after 12 minutes in, this is the best thing I've seen in a while

Last edited:

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I had my suspicions about certain allusions to what we knew about the Deja Vu mission and what was said in PT relating to what happened but dang, this really forms a clear picture and I'm definitely at the point where the conspiracy simply looks like the truth. I think some of the statements in the video are still conjecture but mostly he's right on the money.

If you're interested in more audiobiographical storytelling in videogames circumventing the NDA, check out BioWare's last 2 games lol.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Amazing video. Watched the whole thing. Simply cannot be mad at Kojima for his last 2 years at Konami.

Now to breakdown MGSV's messages.

Konami to Kojima: "Such a lust for Revenge. Who? Whooo?!!"

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
This was great. If it's even remotely true, Kojima is a goddamn genius. Can't believe some mobile game guy took Kojima's position and kicked him out.

Fuck Konami forever.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I wish Konami weren't complete fucks and re-release PT as it's own little stand-alone game for like $5.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with certain ideas, for example that PT is a metaphor for Kojima's relationship with Koami. I disagree that Konami Executives were able to understand this and that Kojma was planning to jump ship, as evidenced by the colored lights, such that Konami had to shutter him away for months to prevent him from doing any more damage. The last bit is going too far.

However, I really appreciate the investigative work done by analyzing the high-level corporate structure of Koanmi over the years. That bit is very illuminating.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Psshhhh yeah ok you've got 90 seconds

*31 minutes later*

pd2bbdpf2wx21.gif

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
For really long vids like this, I personally like to give them 50% of the time to impress me before I watch the other half.

I wasn't too terribly impressed with the beginning because I've heard similar theories before, altho the dates and archived stuff was neat.

But then at 11:47 you get hit with the real mind blown part of the fetus lining up with Kojima's demotion.

Had to watch the rest of it after that.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Thank God I downloaded the Unreal P.T. game (still want to own the original demo tho).

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Yes! Oh god I love stuff like this, I totally believe it. Kojima's life is in his games, he's sitting there for hours a day, if you think about that in consumer time, its very hard for the average consumer to even achieve the hours invested creators put into their products. Kojima is also exceptional above that, so every detail could be placed exactly the way he wants.

Still got PT on my PS4...

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Wow...!

That was a really entertaining video. What a way to bypass NDA and deliver internal "fuck the police, follow me instead!" message lol.

гений

Mathezar

Oct 27, 2017
My god... Watching this I'm thinking, it all makes sense now... I have to say, it all sounds very plausible...

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
This was great. If it's even remotely true, Kojima is a goddamn genius. Can't believe some mobile game guy took Kojima's position and kicked him out.

Fuck Konami forever.

Profits before all else.

AAA games made with love are extremely rare these days. Almost all the old greats have sold out, Kojima is one of the last good ones who actually makes games for the joy of it, and to tell a personal story

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Not being able to play this will always hurt me.

If only it had been available physically.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wowwowowowowow, just got done! Literally everyone who even cares slightly needs to watch this. Here's hoping his findings get some type of media attention

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Mind blowing stuff. How much this theory is acurate or not i dont know, but thers too much stuff that makes perfect sence.
I also had no idea a modile game guy with the mentality that mobile games are the future, kept rising up in the Konami ladder untill he became the big boss. It explains alot about Konami current state.

I still have P.T. installed on my PS4.

Last edited:

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I love that one of the most interesting games in the medium's history is a demo called "playable trailer" for a game that never came out

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I'm a believer.

With such premises I can't begin to imagine how much dissecting Death Stranding is going to require.

Also, if anything, Kojima doesn't get enough credit.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Just started this, and will chime back in when I'm done with the entire 30 minutes, but this was my favourite (and suitably Kojima-ish) interpretation of P.T.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I buy it. It all makes sense, and although Silent Hills was going to be a thing at some point, the P.T. we know wasn't a precursor to it. And, of course, it explains why they nuked P.T. like they did. It's fascinating that an autobiographical work was still such a fantastic and influential experience.