• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What does P5S stand for?

• Persona 5 Switch port (only base game)

Votes: 281 14.9%
  • Persona 5 Switch port (with new content)

Votes: 731 38.9%
  • Persona 5 Complete Edition PS4-only

Votes: 128 6.8%
  • Persona 5 Complete Edition, Switch/PS4

Votes: 310 16.5%
  • Persona 5 Smartphone

Votes: 113 6.0%
  • Persona 5 Steam

Votes: 117 6.2%
  • It was a typo, OP wanted to write PS5.

Votes: 200 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
https://p5s.jp/

Untitled-1.png

Thanks to Mystic twitter, I've just found out that the website at the domain P5S went online.
At the moment only a picture is present - it states that there will be one more information on 25th April.

(If this thread is considered useless, be free to close it and in that case I apologize)

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Literally just checked the site when that tweet was made and it wasn't open yet, so it must've gone up like a minute ago.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If Royale is a ps4 rerelease with more content, I wonder if this S (likely for switch) will just be a port of the main game, sans Royale additions.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Will be interesting to see the differences between P5R and P5S if they are both exclusive to PS4 and Switch respectively.

Deleted member 11926

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope P5S has feature parity to P5R and Atlus don't pull another "Catherine on PC!" bullshit (They should've ported Catherine: Full Body)

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
If Atlus does an updated PS4 release, and also a vaniller Switch release I am going to hulk smash the closest Dennys

kakistocrats

Oct 29, 2017
Probably "Persona 5 Scarlet" right?

P5S could be the Switch port, and it's given a different name because it doesn't have the new content that P5R has. It could also be that P5R is an entirely new mini-campaign like P3's "The Answer" or SMTV: Apocalypse, and Persona 5: Scarlet is the name of the P5 re-release across all platforms.

Oct 26, 2017
You should just update the title to say "Persona 5 S".

I think the PS4 gme may be a new spin-off or sequel, with Persona 5 S potentially being a Switch game and being a definitive release of the original game with potentially exclusive additions (like Persona 4 Golden). I think the potential FeMC could be the star instead of Joker, rather than both of them. That's just my theory.

Potentially.

Oct 25, 2017
How many times can Atlus announce two separate games without telling anyone what either of them are. They are the worst

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If P5R is a PS4 standalone expansion, this being the Switch version of the base game makes a lot of sense.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
found this in the source code of the site

<!--【予告状】--> <!--2019年4月25日。--> <!--世界の認知を覆す、新たな怪盗団をお見せしよう。--> <!--我々は会心を求む声に躍動する。--> <!--今一度、両国国技館にて諸君の心を頂戴する。--> <!--心の怪盗団より-->

Google Translated <!-[Notice letter]-> <!-April 25, 2019. -> I will show you a new monster thief that will overturn the world's cognition. We are excited about the voice of the meeting. Once again, we will receive your heart at the Gokugikan. From the Phantom Thief

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
The Royal is Persona 5-2 and S is the updated version.
S is probably a Switch version of the base game without Royal editions as others have said.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god, I read that as PS5 and legit Almsot got super excited.
But I can't wait for Persona 5 The Royal. Curious to see what S is!

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
found this in the source code of the site

<!--【予告状】--> <!--2019年4月25日。--> <!--世界の認知を覆す、新たな怪盗団をお見せしよう。--> <!--我々は会心を求む声に躍動する。--> <!--今一度、両国国技館にて諸君の心を頂戴する。--> <!--心の怪盗団より-->

Google Translated <!-[Notice letter]-> <!-April 25, 2019. -> I will show you a new monster thief that will overturn the world's cognition. We are excited about the voice of the meeting. Once again, we will receive your heart at the Gokugikan. From the Phantom Thief
this.... doesnt sound like a port?

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what this means for Royal? Hopefully pointing to a cool standalone story rather than just being an enhanced P5, with P5S packaging it all together (with Switch version).

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
If Royale is a ps4 rerelease with more content, I wonder if this S (likely for switch) will just be a port of the main game, sans Royale additions.
Right now i'm feeling what some other people are saying; being that Royal is a standalone (likely not full priced) game for PS4 while P5S is the expanded port (maybe even including Royal as part of it).

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys stupid fan gonna buy both P5R and P5S like everyone gang up on buying P5D.....oh wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.