• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
A British paedophile, who targeted and abused up to 200 Malaysian babies and children, and shared images of his crimes on the dark web, has been murdered in jail, a source has said.

Richard Huckle, a photographer from Ashford in Kent, received 22 life sentences after admitting an "unprecedented and exceptional" 71 offences against children aged between six months and 12 years from 2006 to 2014. The 33-year-old, who was ordered to serve a minimum of 25 years, was found dead at Full Sutton prison in North Yorkshire on Sunday.

A Prison Service spokesman said: "HMP Full Sutton prisoner Richard Huckle died on 13 October. It would be inappropriate to comment further while a police investigation is ongoing."

Huckle posed as an English teacher and philanthropist in poor Christian communities in Kuala Lumpur. Some of the 23 children identified in the charges were abused for years, including one from the age of three until 10.

He originally faced 91 charges but investigators believed the number of his victims was much higher, having found a ledger and scorecard on his computer in which Huckle awarded himself marks for different kinds of abuse of 191 girls and boys.

His catalogue of abuse stretched back to when he was 19 and on a gap year teaching in south-east Asia. He was 30 when he was jailed in 2016.

Sentencing Huckle, Judge Peter Rook QC, told him: "Your offending behaviour became entrenched in your everyday life. Your life revolved around your sexual activities with young children. Your distorted beliefs in respect of children are deep-seated. Your self-delusion knows no bounds."

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Doesn't seem like this dude was gonna blow open a whole operation of this shit so...

Good

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Gotta love the criminal code. Murder? Sure. Theft? Absolutely! Diddle kids? DIE.

Edit: Stop quoting me. You misunderstood what I wrote. It was a mere description of the way criminals see it.

Last edited:

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Jesus, what a terrible man, doesn't make the killing right and i hope they find the one responsible for it.

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, i think i need a break after reading what he did to those children, how many lives ruined...

The Auxiliary

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
tenor.gif

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
That prison has had some right fucking evil loons in it over the years looking at wikipedia, i don't know if i would want to be living near or working in it. i don't think i could sleep at night.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember watching a video on this guy last year. What an evil piece of shit. Don't wish death and no one but I'd be lying if I said this man didn't deserve something far worse than death.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
That prison has had some right fucking evil loons in it over the years looking at wikipedia, i don't know if i would want to be living near or working in it. i don't think i could sleep at night.
Cregan, Nilsen, and Bronson is like a who's who of UK monsters.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta love the criminal code. Murder? Sure. Theft? Absolutely! Diddle kids? DIE.

Obviously it isn't universal, but there are unwritten thumb rules in the prison system for how a lot of prisoners will be treated based on their convictions. Wanton, self indulgent assaults against the most vulnerable people in society are often looked down upon even by a lot of the violent and career criminals. Context is important for a lot of these people, and while the stretches of justification can often breach the absurd for those of us not facing convictions, people who rape kids, bash the elderly, and so on are seen as monsters and are targeted for assaults and murders and others.

Maybe you killed a couple of guys in a drug deal. Or a robbery went wrong. Some prisoners accept that life is fucked up and people do fucked up shit based on circumstances. It might have been them, it might be them. But nobody is going to be able to justify raping kids.

It's why a lot of paedophiles get put in isolation.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
this is a strange post. Why would assume a theif is ok with murder?
Not really ok, I think it's the scale. If the thief is at 1 and the murderer a 10, the paedophile is a 100. In prison you're not as much at risk if you're in for a murder.

Saying that, I remember one case in my region, one man was sentenced for putting his girlfriend on fire , he got tortured (and in a pretty fucked up way) in prison. So like a previous poster said, if you preyed on weak and vulnerable, you're at higher risk.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am celebrating their death.

People often commit crimes for economic reasons brought on by systemic disparities. They don't choose to commit crime lightly but they try to make the best with the opportunities they have. There is an understanding that with proper economic opportunities crimes like theft and murder will go down... and they do.

Raping kids? There is no way to justify it. Even with a twisted sense of morals. There is no 'full story' or 'other side' to it. It's just pure evil.

Last edited:

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really get the usage of quotation marks, but I can't really say I feel too sorry for him.