• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In a move straight from Fat4All's diet:
Fox Searchlight and DeVon Franklin are set to produce the film "Flamin' Hot," which will tell the true story of Richard Montanez, who rose from humble beginnings to a successful businessman when he created a food phenomenon — Flamin' Hot Cheetos.

Fox Searchlight nabbed the project in what was a highly competitive sale, with multiple studios vying for the project.

The film follows Montanez, the son of an immigrant, who grew up as a migrant farm worker picking grapes in the fields of Southern California before becoming a janitor at Frito-Lay. It was while working at the company that Montanez came up with the idea to create Flamin' Hot Cheetos, transforming the Frito-Lay brand into a pop culture phenomenon and disrupting the entire food industry in the process. Now commonly referred to as the Godfather of Multicultural Marketing, it was that initial idea that would spark a billion-dollar brand and catapult him from janitor to elite corporate executive.

Bangai O

Oct 28, 2017
I just saw this today and that thread was the first thing I thought of. Sounds like a very interesting story, I hope the movie turns out good.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
YodbSVI.jpg

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was going to be a joke animated movie or something, but it sounds pretty interesting. Flamin Hot branded foods are everywhere and I always wondered where it comes from. I love going through the Flamin Hot thread we have here just to see new stuff.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I knew fincher was just messing around about that zombie movie. hype.

"this is our time. and the current cheese flavor dust on Cheetos is ice cold."

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Really looking forward to it. Flamin' Hot Cheetos have remained a cornerstone of American junk food for a long time now, and this man is a legend for taking the product in that direction to begin with.

args

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
where's the dude who made that whole thread and then complained about them being spicy

if he sees this he might die of a heart attack

mf probably thinks salt is spicy

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will this adopt those Cheester Cheetah ages were he was a bond like agent?

Cause if so this could be a hot movie.

Edit:

It's about the Damn creator of the flavor. I mean, sure, but now I hope he's a depressed man with an imaginary friend cheester cheetah talking him out of his misery.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
if theaters dont offer Flamin' Hot popcorn to go with the movie then WHATS THE POINT OF ANYTHING

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
where's the dude who made that whole thread and then complained about them being spicy

if he sees this he might die of a heart attack

mf probably thinks salt is spicy

I always feel like im gonna die when I've tried eating them. Some days pepperoni is spicy to me. I just can't handle it.

(Im not who youre talking about though)

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I always feel like im gonna die when I've tried eating them. Some days pepperoni is spicy to me. I just can't handle it.
i recommend the Flamin' Hot peanuts. has the flavor of Flamin' Hot, but the spice levels are fairly low because the coating isn't too thick

R85sTx8.jpg

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
That honestly sounds like it could be a decent movie. The brief description indicates that the story could be inspiring.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
For some reason I was expecting an animated movie starring the cheetah and was like why, but I could get behind this.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This guy's story is amazing. He's created something that every single kid from elementary through high school knows about for about twenty some odd years. Much respect to a true food legend.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
I thought this was going to be a joke animated movie or something, but it sounds pretty interesting. Flamin Hot branded foods are everywhere and I always wondered where it comes from. I love going through the Flamin Hot thread we have here just to see new stuff.
This is what I thought lol

Actual premise is interesting

Fat4all oh no how did you get my shoes what did you do to them bad dog

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
hey doggo, I have great-ish news for you..

it's already sort of a thing

Cheetos-Flavored-Popcorn-Regal-Cinemas.jpg

dunno if they have flamin' hot cheetos tho

Bobby Roberts said:
In the '50s & '60s, a visit to the theater meant a short cartoon, maybe a newsreel, and a screen made softer and more hazy by wafting blue clouds of cigarette smoke. In the 2010s, it's more like a half hour of commercials for other movies, an ignored reminder to turn off the computer in your pocket, and that wispy blue cloud has been replaced by a dusty, orange thunderhead, thanks to Frito Lay's Cheetos Popcorn at the concession stand! You'll gain three pounds just BREATHING THE AIR at your next blockbuster.

2X6sKFJ.jpg

It ain't easy bein' cheesy, motherfucker.

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans