• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Per The Hollywood Reporter (via Kotaku), on Dec. 5, HarrisonJr tweeted, underneath a photo of himself in sunglasses and a cheesy mustache, "Come watch a registered sex offender plays [sic] Fortnite with 10 year olds!!" HarrisonJr quickly deleted the tweet, and followed that with an apology.

Straight up: this Is a fucking dumb edgelord move. You read that title right. I'm wondering if Twitch would ever bother doing something like this. 80k is nothing in the grand order of Streaming overlords but you kinda deserve to lose everything when this happens. It'll be interesting if Twitch resign him or not.

A verified streamer on Mixer lost his partnership with Microsoft after he tweeted a joke about being a sex offender playing Fortnite with kids.

Harrison "HarrisonJr" Patrick Stewart, a Mixer streamer since 2017 with 80,000 followers, summarily lost just about everything about his presence on Mixer, too. All of his past streams have been deleted, his view count has been wiped, his biography has been deleted, and the headline for the main stream (offline, of course) reads simply, "I'm sorry."

Didn't see a thread about this but before you say "who?" remember the following:
  1. You don't joke about sex with kids - infinitely so when you're playing a game that's geared primarily towards kids.
  2. You don't joke about being convicted for having sex with kids
  3. Repeat the above.
sources:
If you've got kids it's always worth a glance to check who they're currently following on social media. Maybe it's this kind of clown.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Man cancel culture has gone too far. People should be able to joke about whatever they want under any circumstances and never experience any consequences for it.

In case you can't tell, I'm being sarcastic.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
You can make jokes about it (look at Chris Morris/Brass Eye) you just better hope you have the chops to pull it off and are in the right creative environment.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Is Ninja going to defend him and say popular streamer jokes are not to be taken seriously?

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Even though it was obviously a joke MS was completely right in this situation

Even joking about that when your entire 'career' is born from kids watching you is a bit too far

Good on MS, no place for idiots like that

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I can hear it on the wind, "It was just a joke bro!!"

People lose jobs over shit like this all the time. Don't be a fucking idiot especially a budding edgelord idiot.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's rare, a streamer won a stupidity prize for playing stupid games.

What was going on with his mind besides an absence of common sense?

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
Good move on MS' part.

I'm still insanely furious at how Kate Gray and Kotaku (and Kotaku's editor-in-chief Stephen Totilo in particular) got away with what they did, an even more egregious offence. And they faced absolutely zero repercussions for that (Kotaku just issued a complete non-apology, while Kate Gray herself didn't even apologize, as far as I know). I'm still mad at people for letting it slide.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
R2w5tvp.jpg

Who let Amir0x out of jail? Oh wait, he's back in jail.

Silly move when you're literally paid/employed by MS to stream a game to kids.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's so refreshing that there is nothing to contend in this situation.

Dude violated a clearly written rule and the punishment was swift and absolute.

The system here is well-intended and it worked just fine.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Making light of pedophilia
You can make jokes about it (look at Chris Morris/Brass Eye) you just better hope you have the chops to pull it off and are in the right creative environment.

Paedo jokes are funny but if you're basically a children's entertainer you're going to get sacked.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah, one difference is that Chris Morris is a talented writer/comedian. The other is that Brass Eye's audience wasn't children.

Many of these children's entertainers still don't understand the responsibilities that come with being an 'influencer'. At least Mixer does. (Twitch, not so much.)

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Tone Policing in Defense of Child Abuse Jokes
Didn't see a thread about this but before you say "who?" remember the following:
  1. You don't joke about sex with kids - infinitely so when you're playing a game that's geared primarily towards kids.
  2. You don't joke about being convicted for having sex with kids
  3. Repeat the above.

While I agree with the overall idea, you telling people here what we can joke about and what not is pathetic beyond words. Who are you, the joke police?
F'ing Twitter is not meant for kids to read in the first place.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I agree with the overall idea, you telling people here what we can joke about and what not is pathetic beyond words. Who are you, the joke police?
F'ing Twitter is not meant for kids to read in the first place.
Ok boomer grade human. go joke about being a pedo to your family friends neighbours and employer. they can be your joke police.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty funny how you get upset about these sort of jokes, but no problem joking about hunting people https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk...ority-confirmed.151404/page-221#post-27360740 lol
Here we go with Detective ERA. Me taking about how a Conservative UK government wanting to reinstate Fox Hunting as a past time (which if you know anything about it isn't just point and shoot - it's literally designed to terrify the prey) versus you freeze peach people. What I said wasn't a joke rather delivering a point that perhaps if the shoe was on the other foot and they were being hunted instead of helpless animals they wouldn't be so quick to go back to their awful ways.

but sure let's distract from someone who thinks there's merit in saying they're a sex offender who wants to play with your kids.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 week): Trolling, hostility towards other users, history of similar behavior.
Here we go with Detective ERA. Me taking about how a Conservative UK government wanting to reinstate Fox Hunting as a past time (which if you know anything about it isn't just point and shoot - it's literally designed to terrify the prey) versus you freeze peach people. What I said wasn't a joke rather delivering a point that perhaps if the shoe was on the other foot and they were being hunted instead of helpless animals they wouldn't be so quick to go back to their awful ways.

but sure let's distract from someone who thinks there's merit in saying they're a sex offender who wants to play with your kids.

Sounds like he should have just said he was going to hunt some kids instead.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
OP I think you are way too sensitive about jokes in particular. I'm not surprised or upset that Microsoft/Mixer took action. But I'm aware that there's nuance and I believe there is an appropriate place for those kinds of jokes. I wonder how you feel about hockey fans joking that Auston Matthews is a pedophile. That has happened inside the NHL thread and it's just a whatever comment. Not really that offensive. Or I wonder how you feel about Dave Chapelle joking about Michael Jackson. To me that was legitimately hilarious.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
So.. like... whats the joke? This is not even faceplanting while doing a risky joke.

"I've got a stereotypical paedo-tash so I'm going to make a funny about playing a game lots of kids play whilst calling myself a sex offender".

The 90/00s internet called, when people were making jokes like this as unemployed teens growing their first moustache, not as an influencer paid by MS.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I see what he was going for based on that pic, but he should have considered his audience for one thing being mostly kids. Microsoft did the right thing.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good riddance. Hope he learns from this.

Flash

Oct 27, 2017
Idk how in the world this person thought it was funny...whether it's in his head or typed out for the world to see. This sort of thing happens when you have hundreds or thousands of people validating every unfunny joke you tell or "meme'ing" as the kids say these days until one day you step over the line with a really unfunny distasteful joke. I have a feeling this is what happened here.

As a long time fan of stand-up comedy do us a favour...if you think you're the reincarnated version of Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor, Carlin...go up on stage so that healthy dose of reality brings you back down to earth. You are not a comedian, so stop trying to be one on Twitter of all places.