• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
https://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-online-delayed-fall-2018/ Via Nintendo italia.

nintendo-switch-online.png

ABEZ23

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Mhhh.. i wonder if we should wait until the rumored Nintendo Direct for a confirmation..

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Think that's been the plan since it got delayed. Although I dot think nintendo ever mentioned an actual date like "fall". Just 2018

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
It was always just "2018". Though if this is true that's further than expected. I was figuring Q2.

Either way info getting out like this (only on Nintendo Italy's site, no other version) is weird enough that I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They should just delay it indefinitely. The system doesn't offer an online service that's worth paying for since major functionality requires your phone too. I love my Switch but I'll never be able to justify paying for online on the system.

It's going to be hard telling people who already purchased games like Rocket League why they suddenly need to pay a fee a year in too.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
If this is true...the chances of it launching with Smash Bros. increased by quite a bit.
They should just delay it indefinitely. The system doesn't offer an online service that's worth paying for since major functionality requires your phone too. I love my Switch but I'll never be able to justify paying for online on the system.

It's going to be hard telling people who already purchased games like Rocket League why they suddenly need to pay a fee a year in too.
They said from the get go that Paid Online was coming. No one should be suprised.

People who are interested in playing online will be able to play the 20-30 bucks per year. Everyone else didnt care about it to begin with.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy with the online right now and it's free. I wish it could be like this forever.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Good, there isn't much reason to launch it with its current features, they'll need to give good reasons for people to sub.

senj

Nov 6, 2017
Outside chance they're doing a phased rollout and it doesn't hit Italy until the fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.