• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
I will wait 10 minutes more, if they haven't updated by then I will post the new thread this evening.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Which sites?

The last registered profile: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/profile/5034028/overview

Increased from 5,009,849 to 5,034,028 (+24,179).

Total profiles: 4,034,027

In the data I'm extracting there is a field called STATUS. I only found 1 and 2 values and looks like 1 = Final, 2 = Beta only but I'm not sure enough... if it is true then:

Supposed final (1): 470,745
Supposed only beta (2): 728,505 (well I found a profile status 2 without Beta data)

Let's see if when I reach the 4 million profiles the 1 will be way bigger because Beta ended and newer profiles should be only 1.

PS. The profile count increased to 5,034,274 while I was writing this post... a lot of EU users.

Let's finish the job first with the 4 million profiles ;) I want to share the data too for anybody that wants to check it.

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?stat_preset=nb_players_per_week

There was another one, I'll try to find it

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's Martin Luther King Holiday in the US.
So it only makes sense the UK Pal charts are delayed...

Oct 26, 2017
Basically everything I extracted... total profiles, Beta only profiles, etc.

Of course I don't have player activity data extracted... so I can't compare these.
Sorry I meant which numbers don't match against what you extracted?
Edit: nvm I see them now

Haven't had a proper look but their total number being less is odd, I'm not sure what to make of that unless they just forgot to update the number

Last edited:

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
gamesindustry.biz said:
UK Charts: GTA V is back at No.1 226 weeks after it first came out

And now, 226 weeks since it first arrived on the scene, GTA V is back at No.1.

It is the 14th time the game has been No.1, making it third in the all-time most No.1 list. It's closing in on Wii Fit (16 weeks) and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (18 weeks).

The game returned to the top of the charts thanks to an 8% increase in sales due to some pricing activity at retail. It is pretty close between GTA V (No.1), Call of Duty: WWII (No.2) and FIFA 18 (No.3), so any one of these could take the top position next week.

Elsewhere, strong sales of Nintendo Switch has seen Mario Kart 8 Deluxe return to the Top Five with a 26% sales bump. It means the game retains its place as the best-selling Switch game - but it's only a few thousand units ahead of Super Mario Odyssey.

There are three Switch games in the Top Ten this week, with Zelda at No.8 and Odyssey at No.10.

Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ack-at-no-1-226-weeks-after-it-first-came-out

Top 10:
LW TW Title
3 1 Grand Theft Auto V
2 2 Call of Duty: WWII
1 3 FIFA 18
4 4 Assassin's Creed Origins
12 5 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
7 6 PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
5 7 Star Wars: Battlefront II
9 8 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
10 9 Forza Motorsport 7
8 10 Super Mario Odyssey

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mario Kart blue-shelling all the other racing games. Unless you consider GTA5 Online a racing game, in which case it's an untouchable beast.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3 Switch and 2 Xbox One exclusives in the top 10, but no Ps4 exclusive.
This is something we didn't see yet this generation.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Even more evidence if any was needed that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is selling astonishingly well, even if that alt account will remain forever unconvinced. Best selling Switch game now is very impressive. It could keep that title for a long, long time now.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
People buying with their Christmas money?
I would have expected it to rise in week 52, and then not remain on a much higher level compared to the rest for beyond that. Yet it does. Will be interesting if it maintains its level last week too (we should get numbers anytime now), but it being high relative to other games in week 1 surprised me as christmas money spenders would have done so in week 52 I'd think.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why is Mario Odyssey being outsold by mk8 and Zelda lol? Shortages in uk as well?

This is only one week remember. Super Mario Odyssey has been out significantly shorter than those others yet its sales are extremely competitive, it will almost certainly end up selling magnitudes more than BoTW but fall behind MK8D it looks like, the latter is having massive long-term sales potential that few games can match.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Who is saying MK8D isn't doing well? That's a position I'd love to see defended lol

It was only one very passionate and passively-aggressive user in the best selling racing games in the UK thread who now has 2 perma-bans to their name. They ignored 2 very well constructed summaries of MK8D's performance and I was just being a little tongue-in-cheek. Pay it now mind :)

mickstar

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
3 Switch and 2 Xbox One exclusives in the top 10, but no Ps4 exclusive.
This is something we didn't see yet this generation.

Well, 2018 is poised to be a better year for all three console makers in some way. I expect many great things in this year of gaming.

Lol at GTA V!! This game just refuse to die.

GTA5 is basically that zombie that even a nuclear blast couldn't keep down, lol.

I'm always surprised at the physical PUBG selling.

I'm surprised as well. If PUBG can hold out until a MS exclusive comes out and takes over, MS could have a wonderful year in the UK.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
Either that or a lot of Zelda buyers got A Switch with Mario Odyssey recently.
And Mario Kart is destined to be the best selling Switch game possibly for ever.

This is only one week remember. Super Mario Odyssey has been out significantly shorter than those others yet its sales are extremely competitive, it will almost certainly end up selling magnitudes more than BoTW but fall behind MK8D it looks like, the latter is having massive long-term sales potential that few games can match.

It seems so given that it's supply contrained on big online retailers like Amazon or Game. It was and is the case in France too.
thanks guys. It just looked weird because for majority of the December weeks, odyssey was usually the top switch game & seems like the most obvious buy for new owners given it's the newest title. I'm not too surprised by mk8 selling better bc Mario Kart is built upon legs, but breath of the wild - almost a year old at this point - wouldn't naturally outsell odyssey I would think. They have at best equal selling power for new switch owners (with odyssey having more mass appeal I would think) and most long time switch owners would already own botw.

I do forget that it's already in it's 3rd month though. since mk8 and odyssey are 'only a few thousand' apart, I guess the distance in sales between botw and odyssey is really small.

Also: Fifa, Cod, gta v and even to some extent AC:O are literally the four horsemen of the uk apocalypse, my god

mickstar

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
If Microsoft spread out the releases of their exclusives and plan with caution, I can see them pleasing their fan base and having a real good time in the UK this year.

Isn't the physical copy just a box with a code in it?

Yes, but it still counts as a physical unit sold if it was brought in a store.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
thanks guys. It just looked weird because for majority of the December weeks, odyssey was usually the top switch game & seems like the most obvious buy for new owners given it's the newest title. I'm not too surprised by mk8 selling better bc Mario Kart is built upon legs, but breath of the wild - almost a year old at this point - wouldn't naturally outsell odyssey I would think. They have at best equal selling power for new switch owners (with odyssey having more mass appeal I would think) and most long time switch owners would already own botw.

I do forget that it's already in it's 3rd month though. since mk8 and odyssey are 'only a few thousand' apart, I guess the distance in sales between botw and odyssey is really small.

Also: Fifa, Cod, gta v and even to some extent AC:O are literally the four horsemen of the uk apocalypse, my god
Well, actually more people already owned SMO than BOTW, and more people own MK8D than BOTW and SMO separately. All three games are owned by a majority of Switch owners (all are over 300k, and Switch could reasonably be estimated at 500k-600k). So, the majority of each of those games' selling power is from new Switches being sold, and as such they are close in the ranking, differing only by relatively minor natural factors, and being upended in their order by things like (slight or severe) stock issues and other deviations.

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
Yeah and there's another site that has slightly different numbers. They all take data from GT.com xD
I guess these sites didn't have all data updated... so the comparison is a bit screwed between them.

What I can say is that just to get the profile data (it is a basic call that return 4 info per profile) takes a hell of processing power and time... I can't even estimate if you are getting all the page data like hours played, modes, days logged, etc for all profiles... maybe they are still running updates for these data.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
Well, actually more people already owned SMO than BOTW, and more people own MK8D than BOTW and SMO separately. All three games are owned by a majority of Switch owners (all are over 300k, and Switch could reasonably be estimated at 500k-600k). So, the majority of each of those games' selling power is from new Switches being sold, and as such they are close in the ranking, differing only by relatively minor natural factors, and being upended in their order by things like (slight or severe) stock issues and other deviations.
Yeah that makes sense. With France, japan and I think Spain (?) having SMO shortages, I wonder what the situation in the US and UK is. I generally find it hard to imagine many new buyers of a switch not wanting to get SMO, it's a game that appeals to a very large audience (more so than botw) and has mario in its title + ongoing marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.