• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
[Week 12, 2018] 01 (NE) SEA OF THIEVES (MICROSOFT) - 22,695 / NEW
[Week 13, 2018] 03 (01) SEA OF THIEVES (MICROSOFT) - 10,894 / 33,589 (-52%)
[Week 14, 2018] 03 (03) SEA OF THIEVES (MICROSOFT) - 7,408 / 40,997 (-32%)

The sales weren't that high to begin with, but the hold is respectable. (When considering reviews, Gamepass and overall reception)

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
I think that just means that sales are dipping so bundled software will appear higher in the charts. It really just shows how quiet things are at the moment, though may give a hint at how hardware is selling. Gran Turismo Sport up to no. 10 as well, another commonly bundled game.
It is a slow time of year. Battleground is bundle but GTS and Forza 7 high charting position is due to price cut.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Three MS titles in the UK top 5, holy crap who'd have thunk just a few months ago.

I do wonder whether UK slumping is a bit more systemic than just a poor lineup.
Under 5k gets you in the UK top 10. SoT for example is at 40k after 3 weeks.....tracking behind Quantum Break. It's also why anything bundled or on sale charts.

To put things in perspective GoW's debut will likely be over 150k. That alone should ensure April as a whole is up on last year. Although I'm not 100% sure what of note released last April.

In one sense weekly UK charts are interesting, but many just look at positioning, without understanding the vast difference in unit sales from week to week, depending on the title, or time of year.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
[Week 12, 2018] 01 (NE) SEA OF THIEVES (MICROSOFT) - 22,695 / NEW
[Week 13, 2018] 03 (01) SEA OF THIEVES (MICROSOFT) - 10,894 / 33,589 (-52%)
[Week 14, 2018] 03 (03) SEA OF THIEVES (MICROSOFT) - 7,408 / 40,997 (-32%)
SoT continues to hold well, unit sell slowly getting to a more respectable number.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Under 5k gets you in the UK top 10. SoT for example is at 40k after 3 weeks.....tracking behind Quantum Break. It's also why anything bundled or on sale charts.

To put things in perspective GoW's debut will likely be over 150k. That alone should ensure April as a whole is up on last year. Although I'm not 100% sure what of note released last April.

In one sense weekly UK charts are interesting, but many just look at positioning, without understanding the vast difference in unit sales from week to week, depending on the title, or time of year.
Are you sure its tracking below QB?

Oct 29, 2017

Yeah I just noticed, with just 7000 still in third place, then it makes sense why it's so price sensitive, not necessarily because people in the UK are very price sensitive, but just because small promotions can easily upset the chart. Are lulls like these normal for the UK? Tracking below QB sounds worrying, but I reckon everyone is getting this through GamePass.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I just noticed, with just 7000 still in third place, then it makes sense why it's so price sensitive, not necessarily because people in the UK are very price sensitive, but just because small promotions can easily upset the chart. Are lulls like these normal for the UK? Tracking below QB sounds worrying, but I reckon everyone is getting this through GamePass.
The lulls like this for every country. It just that we get weekly figures for the UK whereas other trackers don't give out numbers or are tracked monthly inflating the unit sells.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
but it raises a good question. can game pass pose a threat to MS first party game sales?i m guessing yes and they know it but after revenue analysis and pattern of titles sold ,they decided game pass will bring in more money.

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
God of War UK 1st week sales:

God of War II ~ 25,000
God of War III ~ 65,000 - 70,000
God of War: Ascension ~ 30,000 - 35,000

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

God of War II ~ 25,000
so 70K with zero digital was the height of the series in UK. now with digital getting close to half of sales it will be difficult to break 100 K on physical charts i guess

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Please don't post using black text, some of us are using the dark theme.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
God of war is going to smash the previous releases numbers. Holy crap it's going to be huge.

Do we have platform splits on Far Cry 5?

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore

God of War II ~ 25,000

i have no source but i do think people seems really hyped about the new GoW. If the reviews are really great, it could really trumps GoW3's number.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Only physical maybe, including digital no way. The digital market have grown since QB, and of course digitally W10 store have surely a respectable portion of the sales.
I wasn't even referring to worldwide just UK but given the nature of the game and what Microsoft have said it's definitely tracking better than QB.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Are you sure its tracking below QB?
QB sold 28k first week, then stuck around for a few weeks. They'll both be very similar.

SoT has now taken over from FH3 as the UK bundle (hence why that's now dropped from top 40), so will continue to tick around (3k-5k) until a new bundle launches.

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Sea of Thieves and Quantum Break are tied when it comes to physical sales in the UK after 3 weeks in the market.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Wasn't 2 weeks ago numbers for Sea Of Thieves 11k? If so, then last week numbers are 3,5k.

It's -32%, not -68%.. ;)

What does this mean? General reception is positive and reviews are decent on average. Nothing amazing though.

- Reviews were mediocre for a AAA-first party game. A 69 metacritic (or something) isn't that great. But let's not discuss this again.
- General reception is semi-positive. It's a really divisive game, so there are also a lot of people that are negative about it.

Last edited:

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
I wasn't even referring to worldwide just UK but given the nature of the game and what Microsoft have said it's definitely tracking better than QB.
I was also refering to UK only. I don't remember how was doing QB in UK, but I remember globally the game had absolutely no legs at all. The first week did nice and then sink.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Xeno re entered the switch chart at the bottom. It's probably around that area most of the time I suppose. Bayo still there too.
Man UK really hates Arms lol. That's probably the only country stuff like xeno and bayo are charting above it

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
i have no source but i do think people seems really hyped about the new GoW. If the reviews are really great, it could really trumps GoW3's number.
I think it'll top HZD, but U4's launch was ridiculous. I noticed a TV ad last week, so they've started early. They usually have some tie in with a show/channel closer to launch. HZD was an extended TV ad between Gogglebox on Channel 4.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Jup easily. Digital grew even more in the 2 years after QB release. SoT is more digital intresting to buy then a 10 hour SP game. And Play Anywhere didnt exist really yet when Quantum Break released.
You did get a free Windows 10 code for pre-ordering QB but yeah, SoT should be comfortably ahead of QB digitally.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
The UK's Sonic lve always surprises me. Mania Plus is going to be a top 10 fixture I bet.