• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Since when UK cares about talent?

RVo3lXH.gif
Since Lily Allen

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Realizing that third place is at 7400 units really puts the rest of the list into perspective.

April is not a busy month for game sales in the UK.

Oct 25, 2017
I have checked several retailers and stock doesn't seem to be a problem. Amazon UK charts also seem to suggest that it's not the best seller anymore.

I guess it was indeed very frontloaded and its legs seemed to slow down. Still an impressive result.

Y'all have some weird definitions of what front loaded is for a title released in January cause it ain't charting like a Nintendo ever green title or GTA.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all have some weird definitions of what front loaded is for a title released in January cause it ain't charting like a Nintendo ever green title or GTA.

Considering it has sold a huge amount of copies at the beginning but is now outside of the top 40, I would consider it front loaded, yes. Besides aren't Monster Hunter games always front loaded?

Oct 25, 2017
Considering it has sold a huge amount of copies at the beginning but is now outside of the top 40, I would consider it front loaded, yes. Besides aren't Monster Hunter games always front loaded?

It had pretty good drops week after week making it the opposite of front-loaded. Being out of the charts over two months later doesn't matter it front loaded.

It had good legs in pretty much every region.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
http://www.sell.fr/#top-ventes

The week 13 is up in France

V0NjZR6.png

01 (NE) FAR CRY 5 PS4 (UBISOFT)
02 (NE) FAR CRY 5 XBOX ONE (UBI SOFT)
03 (NE) FAR CRY 5 Gold Edition PS4 (UBI SOFT)
04 (03) Kirby : Star Allies SWITCH (NINTENDO)
05 (04) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe SWITCH (NINTENDO)

Edited: Microsoft is not a 3rd party publisher and EA Sports is not editing Far Cry 5 :)

Last edited:

Remember Me

Apr 3, 2018
Spain
Switch software is doing really well in Spain. 5/10 games of the top 10, and seeing BotW still in there after a year, considering it's Spain, is pretty impressive. PS4 leads as usual, of course, while I'm partially surprised by how badly SoT did here (3rd in the XBO rank in March).

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
2 months charting is very front loaded now? And for a MH game in the West.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
http://www.sell.fr/#top-ventes

The week 13 is up in France

V0NjZR6.png

01 (NE) FAR CRY 5 PS4 (UBISOFT)
02 (NE) FAR CRY 5 XBOX ONE (EA SPORTS)
03 (NE) FAR CRY 5 Gold Edition PS4 (MICROSOFT)
04 (03) Kirby : Star Allies SWITCH (NINTENDO)
05 (04) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe SWITCH (NINTENDO)

Well, RIP Ni no Kuni 2, France was its last chance, but its second week number are worse than 1 year-old mario kart. Even if Switch software has insane legs, it's still bad for NnK2

Red Alert

Banned
Mar 25, 2018
What? No it wasn't. It wasn't even the most hyped PS3 exclusive.
it was. Maybe you were in some alternate universe but trailer of that big battle from reveal were so hyped in internet forums for years. Demo was crashed PSN(lol)

it was the only big game sony users waited with big ass hype. No, nobody was that hyped for uncharted2.

(Talking about exclusives, even that besife cod mw2 its still in top3 i wager)

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it was. Maybe you were in some alternate universe but trailer of that big battle from reveal were so hyped in internet forums for years. Demo was crashed PSN(lol)

it was the only big game sony users waited with big ass hype. No, nobody was that hyped for uncharted2.

(Talking about exclusives, even that besife cod mw2 its still in top3 i wager)
As far as exclusives go, The Last of Us was more hyped. If we count multiplats, Modern Warfare 2, GTA5, Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, and Fallout 3 were all hyped more. If we take other systems' games into account, Smash Bros. Brawl and Halo 3 were significantly more hyped as well.

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Did Gran Turismo Sports got a new DLC or Patch recently with new cars/tracks features which has caused this increase in sales or it got some promotion?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Fears regarding NNK2 seems to become true. I don't have the PC numbers yet but at least on consoles it will have a hard time matching the first game. NNK1 was something special on PS3 sind there weren't so many quality JRPGs avaliable....the sequel doesn't have the same optimal conditions.

lol. Mario odyssey over 8 million sold
Actually it sold +9m in 2 months.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Realizing that third place is at 7400 units really puts the rest of the list into perspective.

April is not a busy month for game sales in the UK.

It goes to show how bad the retail gaming market is in the UK. Imagine how badly games like ni no kuni 2 have done here. Sony is still the market leader here but numbers are so low on their exclusives. God of war will absolutely smash it like uncharted did though. and then it will be back to trickled sales

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
It goes to show how bad the retail gaming market is in the UK. Imagine how badly games like ni no kuni 2 have done here. Sony is still the market leader here but numbers are so low on their exclusives. God of war will absolutely smash it like uncharted did though. and then it will be back to trickled sales
9e8.gif

Where do I begin.
http://ukie.org.uk/press-release/2018/03/uk-games-market-grows-124-record-£511bn-2017
As you can see retail is doing fine it just a slow time of year. Ni No Kuni 2 publisher is Bandai Namco try again. Sony last exclusive was Shadow of the Colossus which sold relatively well. http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/02/uk_sales_charts_shadow_of_the_colossus_looms_large_at_no_1

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fears regarding NNK2 seems to become true. I don't have the PC numbers yet but at least on consoles it will have a hard time matching the first game. NNK1 was something special on PS3 sind there weren't so many quality JRPGs avaliable....the sequel doesn't have the same optimal conditions.

Actually it sold +9m in 2 months.

Less than 100k. http://steamspy.com/app/589360

Considering how NNK2 and DQH did, I think people might overestimate how DQXI will sell on Steam.

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017

Oh we are pretending that ni no kuni is a mainstream game now? Sometimes I forget how ResetEra works

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Ni no Kuni 2 is down by 40% in the UK (retail), console digital + PC will lessen the drop.

In the end PS4 + PC will be in the same ballpark as Ni no Kuni on PS3, which shipped 1.1 million units worldwide.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Ni no Kuni 2 is down by 40% in the UK (retail), console digital + PC will lessen the drop.

In the end PS4 + PC will be in the same ballpark as Ni no Kuni on PS3, which shipped 1.1 million units worldwide.
It all depends on its legs - large part of YW numbers came from the number of PSN sales where you could get it for less than 10bucks. We will see when and how low Bamco is willing to go with NNK2.

So yeah, same ballpark numbers are likely....but i would think that Bamco expected a bit more from the sequel.
Less than 100k. http://steamspy.com/app/589360

Considering how NNK2 and DQH did, I think people might overestimate how DQXI will sell on Steam.
Yeah, people in general overestimate the sales potential for Steam JRPGs that launch at full price.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
GoW3 was one of the most hyped games of all time i wager of last gen atleast.

It certainly wasn't in the UK. Its sales here are ok but absolutely nothing noteworthy, and I believe that's true of Europe in general as well.

It'll be interesting to see how the reboot does. I don't see it doing Uncharted 4 numbers though, the brand just doesn't have that level of pull here in Europe. Maybe Horizon numbers if it reviews well.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty solid week for Microsoft.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
9e8.gif

Where do I begin.
http://ukie.org.uk/press-release/2018/03/uk-games-market-grows-124-record-£511bn-2017
As you can see retail is doing fine it just a slow time of year. Ni No Kuni 2 publisher is Bandai Namco try again. Sony last exclusive was Shadow of the Colossus which sold relatively well. http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/02/uk_sales_charts_shadow_of_the_colossus_looms_large_at_no_1

This post is incredible. UK retail is in a good place? in 2018?

wow, just wow.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Yeah that's disappointing that they need the (mediocre) PC numbers to make up the decline from PS3 to PS4. Can't really be optimistic on digital making any significant difference either considering it wasn't in the top 20 digital titles in its launch month (albeit only slightly over a week was counted but still).

I'd still recommend this game despite its numerous shortcomings but I am not optimistic for this franchise anymore really. NNK2 would've been expected to do quite a bit better I feel.

Oct 25, 2017
It might have helped if NNK2 wasn't being met with such mixed WoM, at least from what I can see. But I think that just sweeps the rug from under its feet.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
This post is incredible. UK retail is in a good place? in 2018?

wow, just wow.
AndreIguodalaShockedFaceClippers.gif

Did you look at the link I provided or the OP.
March 2018 was a tough one for the UK games market, as the number of games sold slumped 18% year-on-year to 1.37m copies.

Revenue plunged even further, down 24.7% compared with March 2017. In total, £44.4m was generated from boxed game sales.

It's the first month of decline this year. The first two months of 2018 were up over the comparative period in 2017.
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-04-09-uk-games-retail-market-struggles-in-march
So could please provided evidence to the contrary.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair the first two months of 17 didnt have the Switch....so Jan/Feb 2018 doing better with Switch, MHW and FighterZ should be expected.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
To be fair the first two months of 17 didnt have the Switch....so Jan/Feb 2018 doing better with Switch, MHW and FighterZ should be expected.
And march 2018 didn´t have Switch Launch + Zelda, Horizon Zero Dawn, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Nier Automata and Mass Effect Andromeda. So it´s hardly suprising that it had to be down YoY.

Last edited:

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Last year March had the release of a new console software such Zelda, Horizon Zero Dawn, Mass Effect Andromeda and Ghost Recon Wildlands compared to Far Cry 5, Sea of Thieves, Ni No Kuni 2, Kirby. It should be expected for sotware sells to be soft last month yoy.

Emilijo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"God of War is one of our big titles for 2018 and the marketing investment is indicative of that.

We want to make sure that we convey the stature and magnitude of God of War; this is an epic action-adventure game which will be brought to life via big AV placements across TV and cinema.

The ATL spend will place God of War in front of a huge audience. TV, cinema and VOD will deliver the trailer to a substantial mainstream audience across sport and film audiences – Tomb Raider, Pacific Rim 2, Ready Player One.

There will also be out-of-home placements on over 2,500 buses around the UK and hundreds of 48 sheet [billboards]. Alongside this, there will be a large digital and social plan providing new content and high impact advertising across a wide range of gaming sites, mainstream media outlets and more, providing an always-on approach to God of War."

https://wccftech.com/god-of-war-pre-orders-expectations/

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Gamesindustry: UK Charts: Far Cry 5 is No.1 again, as games drought continues

Far Cry 5 secures its third week at the top with a 45% drop in sales week-on-week.

FIFA 18 holds No.2 with a 7% drop in sales.

And to highlight just how difficult last week was for UK retail, Mario Kart 8: Deluxe is back at No.3, despite a 17% drop in sales.

The only game in the Top Ten to increase in sales week-on-week is Fallout 4, which rose from No.12 to No.7 with a 12% increase in sales.

Selling around 3,500 copies would have got any game into the Top Ten this week.[...]

Source: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...ry-5-is-no-1-again-as-games-drought-continues

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017