• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
So excited to see GOW figures, after 95 metacritic, this game is doing big numbers for sure!

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How times can change. We live in a world where a digital code sold in a box for an early access game outsells Gran Turismo in stores (and most likely also diditally).

Grads

Oct 25, 2017
Week 14 France
Far Cry 5 (PS4)
2. Far Cry 5 (Xbox)
3. Kirby Star Allies
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
5. Zelda: BotW

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone seen any Labo ads in the U.K. yet? TV/print/outdoor/anything.

No, I haven't seen anything at all, apart from banners in Tesco and other places that'll sell the game, and then again I haven't been watching any children shows on TV where I'd imagine it'll be universally focused on.

Oct 25, 2017
No, I haven't seen anything at all, apart from banners in Tesco and other places that'll sell the game, and then again I haven't been watching any children shows on TV where I'd imagine it'll be universally focused on.
It would be on children or family oriented networks. That's how it is in the US and Japan anyways.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It would be on children or family oriented networks. That's how it is in the US and Japan anyways.

Indeed, my anecdotal evidence doesn't amount to much but I thought I'd give what little I could. I would be very surprised if I did see it on the side of a bus or a bus stop, I wouldn't even know how you'd advertise this concept in this way.

Oct 25, 2017
Indeed, my anecdotal evidence doesn't amount to much but I thought I'd give what little I could. I would be very surprised if I did see it on the side of a bus or a bus stop, I wouldn't even know how you'd advertise this concept in this way.
Well in Japan all static displays on buses or subways are literally just a screenshot of what of the various LABO projects.

JesusBuiltMyHotRod

Banned for alt account
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
How times can change. We live in a world where a digital code sold in a box for an early access game outsells Gran Turismo in stores (and most likely also diditally).
PUBG is one of the biggest games in the world, what an odd comment, and what does it have to do with GT Sport? I mean what a bizarre comparison.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
PUBG is crazy really. That it even sells in retail and non stop also.
Compare that to digital where it also sits arround in the top 3 all the time since release.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Its really just a digital copy inside a box.
So ? Its the only retail option.
PSN/XBL cards also sell in retail stores even though could just buy/charge your account directly via creditcard/paypal etc.

Especially for younger gamer without CC access it might be easier to just get the retail version.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So ? Its the only retail option.
PSN/XBL cards also sell in retail stores even though could just buy/charge your account directly via creditcard/paypal etc.

Especially for younger gamer without CC access it might be easier to just get the retail version.

I think it is as many other people did also when it was announced it was gonna have a retail option for a game preview game. It was even laughed at in the beginning.
And it being in the top 10 constant since release, even when in game preview, bad talk about performance and digital only game. I think its pretty impressive,

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think it is as many other people did also when it was announced it was gonna have a retail option for a game preview game. It was even laughed at in the beginning.
And it being in the top 10 constant since release, even when in game preview, bad talk about performance and digital only game. I think its pretty impressive,

It was ? I thought the general consensus was that having copies of PUGB on shelves would be a big boon for Xbox.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It was ? I thought the general consensus was that having copies of PUGB on shelves would be a big boon for Xbox.

Not really. Not until we got some numbers people finally saw that it was a smart idea from MS to make a retail option. :)
Remember there were people who said PUBG wouldnt sell at all on Xbox haha.