• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There´s barely any competition until End of May with Detroit and Dark Souls Remastered.

God of War will sit in the throne for alot of weeks.
it should sit but i have not seen single player game staying on chart for long for what ever reason. Even MHW after showing such a strong debut and decent legs have gone in oblivion although there is not much competition and new releases.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
People will either go digital or pick up from stores, we don't get digital sales so that's something.
It's very bad news for Amazon as a games retailer as it's pushing gamers to rival stores......or simply to buy digital. Couldn't happen at a worse time for Amazon as GoW's glowing reviews will convince many to go digital.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yeah, but beside the reviews everything about Sea of Thieves we seen so far is quite positive.
So i don't see why their public speak about the game and the internal one should be different.

Also it's possible SoT will end up as the most successful new exclusive IP this generation.
I'll make a definitive statement about that after the first 2 major content updates dropped.

You don't have any insider information. It doesn't look like SoT will be the most successful new exclusive IP this generation on the Xbox One, and that obviously doesn't include games like Bloodborne, and Horizon Zero Dawn.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Starting to see more adverts for Labo now in the UK, E4 last night was full of them

Mameshiba

Oct 28, 2017
Sales awards for march in germany:

Assasins Creed Origins: 500k
Far Cry 5: 200k
Monster Hunter World: 200k
Elex: 100k

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
it should sit but i have not seen single player game staying on chart for long for what ever reason. Even MHW after showing such a strong debut and decent legs have gone in oblivion although there is not much competition and new releases.

MHW is not a traditional single player game anyway, Far Cry 5 would be a better comparison.

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So how big is UK launch of GoW going to be? Any record breaking numbers expected.? I don't think UK in particular and Europe in general is a strong area of GOW sales wise

dryz

Oct 30, 2017
So how big is UK launch of GoW going to be? Any record breaking numbers expected.? I don't think UK in particular and Europe in general is a strong area of GOW sales wise

There was a time when Europeans were blamed for GoW reboot if I remember correctly because we do not like hack and slash genre that much, haha.

It will do great. New GoW is a different beast.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
UK God of War launch is the biggest in the series history
Same for the new Yakuza, too

God of War on PS4 is the fastest selling title in the franchise' history (boxed sales only).

It has sold over 35% more physical units in its first week than the previous best, 2010's God of War III.[...]

The result is that the game is easily this week's No.1 (matching the success of God of War II and III), knocking Far Cry 5 down to No.2. Ubisoft's game had been No.1 for three weeks solid, and remains the biggest launch of the year so far. Of course, Far Cry 5 is available on two platforms - PS4 and Xbox One.[...]

It isn't the only success this week. The new Yakuza title - Yakuza 6: Song of Life - arrived on PS4 and debuts at No.3. It is the biggest launch for a Yakuza game yet. It beat the previous best - 2017's Yakuza Kiwami - by 300 units.[...]

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...r-launch-is-the-biggest-in-the-series-history