• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
resetera-gifl9a7h.gif

MmxQTE5.png

United Kingdom:
Week 16, 2018 - All Formats (Units)

Originally Posted by Chart-Track:

01 (NE) GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (01) FAR CRY 5 (UBISOFT)
03 (NE) YAKUZA 6: THE SONG OF LIFE (SEGA)
04 (02) FIFA 18 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
05 (03) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
06 (08) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
07 (07) FALLOUT 4 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
08 (05) PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (MICROSOFT)
09 (12) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
10 (04) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)

Week 16, 2018 - Individual Formats (Units)

V0NjZR6.png

France:
Week 15, 2018 - Individual Formats (Value)

UJysQu3.png

Germany:
March 2018 - All Formats (Units)

01 (NE) FAR CRY 5 (UBISOFT)
02 (05) FIFA 18 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (04) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
04 (RE) GRAN TURISMO: SPORT (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
05 (06) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
06 (03) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
07 (11) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
08 (NE) A WAY OUT (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
09 (NE) NI NO KUNI II: REVENANT KINGDOM (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
10 (01) MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD (CAPCOM)
11 (13) CALL OF DUTY: WWII (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
12 (RE) NEED FOR SPEED PAYBACK (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
13 (10) ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS (UBISOFT)
14 (17) SPLATOON 2 (NINTENDO)
15 (02) KINGDOM COME: DELIVERANCE (DEEP SILVER)
16 (NE) KIRBY STAR ALLIES (NINTENDO)
17 (14) MINECRAFT (MICROSOFT / NINTENDO / SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
18 (NE) BURNOUT PARADISE REMASTERED (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
19 (19) STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
20 (20) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

Week 16, 2018 - GfK Entertainment Press Note

7SOi6LN.png

Italy:
Week 15, 2018 - Individual Console (Units)

gOnqdLo.png

Switzerland:

nWkUWXZ.png

Denmark:
Week 15, 2018 - All Formats (Units)

lBCaZ1R.png

Norway:

ev8uIPG.png

Sweden:

se6Rz4O.png

Australia:

Rd6CnTM.png

New Zealand:

elumVdB.png

Spain:
March 2018 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 FAR CRY 5 (UBISOFT)
02 (07) PS4 FIFA 18 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (NE) NSW KIRBY STAR ALLIES (NINTENDO)
04 (09) NSW SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
05 (08) NSW MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
06 (05) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: WWII (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
07 (RE) NSW SPLATOON 2 (NINTENDO)
08 (06) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
09 (10) NSW THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
10 (RE) PS4 ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS (UBISOFT)

ESltXXF.png

Greece:
February 2018 - Individual Formats (Units)

PAL Charts - Week 12, 2018
PAL Charts - Week 13, 2018
PAL Charts - Week 14, 2018
PAL Charts - Week 15, 2018

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
UK God of War launch is the biggest in the series history
Same for the new Yakuza, too

God of War on PS4 is the fastest selling title in the franchise' history (boxed sales only).

It has sold over 35% more physical units in its first week than the previous best, 2010's God of War III.[...]

The result is that the game is easily this week's No.1 (matching the success of God of War II and III), knocking Far Cry 5 down to No.2. Ubisoft's game had been No.1 for three weeks solid, and remains the biggest launch of the year so far. Of course, Far Cry 5 is available on two platforms - PS4 and Xbox One.[...]

It isn't the only success this week. The new Yakuza title - Yakuza 6: Song of Life - arrived on PS4 and debuts at No.3. It is the biggest launch for a Yakuza game yet. It beat the previous best - 2017's Yakuza Kiwami - by 300 units.[...]

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...r-launch-is-the-biggest-in-the-series-history

Edit: Ok, there was already a thread with the news. I didn't see because I had ignored the OP.

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
God of war I expected to see in number one, but Yakuza 6 at three? Really happy to see the franchise start to gain ground in the UK. Hopefully it carries on.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Any information on drop % or platform share breakdown? Or do we have to wait till tomorrow for it?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
We're probably not talking any massive numbers but nice to see the fully priced Yakuza 6 outsell the budget priced Yakuza Kiwami.

Jan 2, 2018
I am really curious about the numbers Nintendo will provide in a few days. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will never leave the charts until 9 is out it seems.

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
UK Top 5 Sony Computer Entertainment Week One Sales (PlayStation 4):

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End ~ 192,000
2. Horizon Zero Dawn ~ 114,000
3. No Man's Sky > 100,000
4. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy ~ 80,000
5. Gran Turismo Sport ~ 74,000

Note: Killzone: Shadow Fall is excluded from this list because we never got any remotely accurate estimate. But it is definitely one of the fastest selling Sony Computer Entertainment titles.

Here the big surprise is No Man's Sky, I don't know how this game managed to have such a monster launch.

God of War is on par with Uncharted: The Lost Legacy launch sales rather than of the Uncharted 4, this does not mean that God of War had a disappointing launch, far from that, just that some had very unrealistic expectations. You can hardly go from 65,000 to 200,000 in such a established series despite it being a reboot and having very strong reviews and hype.

Estimates for God of War series: (as always please note that these numbers are not 100% accurate)

God of War II ~ 25,000
God of War III ~ 65,000
God of War: Ascension ~ 30,000

God of War (PS4) ~ 88,000

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For anyone wondering, Labo is out April 27th in the UK, so you won't be seeing it on this weeks chart.

Sounds great for God of War, once I'm done with Monster Hunter World's Kulve Taroth event, going to jump right into it.

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I never felt like GOW was that big in the UK prior to this one. Everyone I have played felt more aimed towards a US audience, so given that it isn't easy to put across how much a game has changed from its predecessors in style gameplay and tone, it's a nice jump in sales over three to my eyes.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
3 for Yakuza 6 seems really good? Am I right in thinking that is good?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
88k (as per Bruno's estimate) is a strong result, but definitely detached from the hype I see mainly centred from a US perspective where it is selling gangbusters apparently. It is a bit weird how detached we Brits PS4 owners are to this franchise by comparison.

VirtuaRacer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK Top 5 Sony Computer Entertainment Week One Sales (PlayStation 4):

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End ~ 192,000
2. Horizon Zero Dawn ~ 114,000
3. No Man's Sky > 100,000
4. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy ~ 80,000
5. Gran Turismo Sport ~ 74,000

GoW only came out on Friday. Three two days of sales. I wonder if the others had a longer first week?

Edit: Yep, GoW has done fantasticly well in 2 days.

Uncharted 4 - Tuesday release
Horizon Zero Dawn - Wednesday release
No Man's Sky - Wednesday release
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Wednesday release
Gran Turismo Sport - Wednesday release
God of War - Friday release

Last edited:

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Wow i can't believe that Yakuza ranked above Fifa, or that it ranked to begin with to be perfectly honest. Sure has been nice to get into a positive mind space.

Deleted member 11479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's what Jim Ryan said a year ago:
The God of War reboot from Sony's Santa Monica studio will be central to this – its new, more narrative-focused, open-world approach with a grizzled, bearded Kratos coming as a direct result of Sony's new global thinking. While always popular in North America, past games in the series just didn't do it for players elsewhere. "It's a franchise that has historically acutely underperformed in Europe," Ryan says. "Hack and slash games tend to not do so well in Europe, so the narrative this time around will make a big difference. European gamers love narrative games. And Singstar."

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Very good debut for GoW III.

In the UK retail performance are nowhere as good as Horizon or Uncharted, but GoW has always been a series with the majority of success in America, so that's fine.

Hope we'll get something about digital split. Would be good to know how is the real increase over GoW III.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
That's a bit disappointing for GoW tbh but I really don't think the marketing push was anywhere even half as strong as U4 here to help it. Which is a shame but hopefully the game will have strong legs. It didn't help it was quite pricey and Amazon didn't have stock, which may have lead to higher digital perhaps there.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
GoW only came out on Friday. Three two days of sales. I wonder if the others had a longer first week?

Edit: Yep, GoW has done fantasticly well in 2 days.

Uncharted 4 - Tuesday release
Horizon Zero Dawn - Wednesday release
No Man's Sky - Wednesday release
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Wednesday release
Gran Turismo Sport - Wednesday release
God of War - Friday release

This is quite enlightening.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Gran Turismo Sport ~ 74,000

God of War outselling Gran Turismo in an Europe country is kinda insane looking at history data... There was a time when Gran Turismo was by far the biggest Sony exclusive, and expecially in Europe it was such a beast.

Time has changed, didn't it?

Ludens

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
That's a bit disappointing for GoW tbh but I really don't think the marketing push was anywhere even half as strong as U4 here to help it. Which is a shame but hopefully the game will have strong legs. It didn't help it was quite pricey and Amazon didn't have stock, which may have lead to higher digital perhaps there.
This was only for 2 days.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Very good debut for GoW III.

In the UK retail performance are nowhere as good as Horizon or Uncharted, but GoW has always been a series with the majority of success in America, so that's fine.

Hope we'll get something about digital split. Would be good to know how is the real increase over GoW III.
Yeah with digital it should be around 100k which makes for a nice 40% something increase over it's predecessor.
This is quite enlightening.
Yeah I would expect a drop in 50s% next week as opposed to the almost 70% drop that Tuesday releases have.
God of War outselling Gran Turismo in an Europe country is kinda insane looking at history data... There was a time when Gran Turismo was by far the biggest Sony exclusive, and expecially in Europe it was such a beast.

Time has changed, didn't it?
To be fair GT and especially GTS are titles that rely on longs.