• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www./threads/pal-charts-week-19-2016.1219842/page-2#post-203790441

Uncharted 4 - 192k FW sales

https://www./threads/pal-charts-week-20-2016.1222767/

Uncharted 4 second week drop -78%

Uncharted 4 second week sales were 42,240

Dayum, GOW has better second week sales than even Uncharted 4 :D

Tha's insane.

So I heard on here that GOW is not very big in Europe. Any truth to that? And if so, why?

I have friends in Germany and France and they had difficulty getting their copy. It was sold out in parts of Germany for a while.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
not expecting much in the UK tbh.

I'm not either but most of everything from Nintendogs to Wii Sports to 1-2 Switch has performed well in the past (albeit for much cheaper prices) here so I'm not exactly ruling out the possibility of it catching on to some degree- if it does in other markets it should do here too IMO.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
South Park The Fractured But Whole (Switch) increased 848% in second week! Is that a new record second week increase? It's still only in #19, so sales are low of course making it easier to have big increase. Launch week must have been abysmal.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
South Park The Fractured But Whole (Switch) increased 848% in second week! Is that a new record second week increase? It's still only in #19, so sales are low of course making it easier to have big increase. Launch week must have been abysmal.
hm?

Switch's launch increased South Park as a whole 848% even though there were shortages.
This was its first week on switch

unless I read it wrong, but I don't believe so.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Quite interesting to see Labo allegedly have some impact on Switch hardware here. Considering European markets launched a week late, maybe this is due to the marketing beforehand which made non-Switch owners get it for their kids? If so, then second week of Labo in Japan should see some HW impact as well (although that's hard to distill since a holiday just started).

You read it wrong: Switch' launch week has risen overall sales of the game by that percentage compared to last week (when the Switch version was not yet out).

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering European markets launched a week late, maybe this is due to the marketing beforehand which made non-Switch owners get it for their kids?

Note that while I'm not sure about how it was in UK, Labo TV ads here in Belgium & France were airing pretty early compared to the usual (around a month/3 weeks before the 27th).

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I forgot to add "Sony first party exclusive" there! Pokémon (and possibly Smash, too) will probably do more than TLOU2, but TLOU2 will be beasting regardless.
TLOU2 should clear 10m+ worldwide since that's basically what the first game sold. Marketing push and critical reception will dictate the ceiling though. Hopefully ND tops SSM and GG's work, then the cycle can continue.