• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What was DKTF on Wii u's Numbers and could the Switch version beat it?

I can't find any numbers but it debuted at no4 in the individual charts and at no 9 in all formats. I am somewhat optimistic that that will be beaten, but who knows, it's a full price port so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't either.

Grads

Oct 25, 2017
France Week 17
1. God of War
2. Labo: Variety Kit
3. Far Cry 5 (PS4)
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
5. Super Mario Odyssey

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for sharing it. look like GOW has given a boast to lot of old PS4 titles like Crash, GTS, PES, Southpark.

Other interesting bit is the presence of Star Ocean on X360? which raises the question, how much unit you need to move to get in top 50? less than 500?

I find hard to believe that Star Ocean: The Last Hope was the most downloaded Xbox 360 game last week (week 16, 2018) or that Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City for PlayStation 3 sold enough units to make it into the overall top 20 in week 15, 2018 when it was not on sale. Also I wonder how reliable will be the physical data tracked by B2Boost compared to GfK. These charts are new so it will take them some time to improve their methodology and cover a bigger portion of the market.

Top 50 is definitely way below 500 units. Probably 200-300 range.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
I think we need numbers before we said Labo did good in France.
It's a slow week so #2 doesn't really mean anything.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I think we need numbers before we said Labo did good in France.
It's a slow week so #2 doesn't really mean anything.

The baseline for the Switch evergreens is quite high in France. Xenoblade and Bayonetta didn't manage to chart above them for example, despite being successul in France. Frankly, it is a good debut.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So it's ok to comment on labos performance now, thought we had to wait months before making any statements?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So it's ok to comment on labos performance now, thought we had to wait months before making any statements?

Anyone can do/say whatever they like within reason. There's no 'had to' and no one in these threads is making a statement lol.

Commenting on these charts is perfectly fine.

Your comment reads weirdly to me.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

Did you see anyone here calling it a success ?

You are missing the point I am afraid. Saying that the game started in a good position or not is factual. Having a definitive stance on its success/failure is way too soon yes.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone can do/say whatever they like within reason. There's no 'had to' and no one in these threads is making a statement lol.

Commenting on these charts is perfectly fine.

Your comment reads weirdly to me.

You are missing the point I am afraid. Saying that the game started in a good position or not is factual. Having a definitive stance on its success/failure is way too soon yes.

I also didn't see many saying it was a failure either but many of you were quick to jump on anyone who spoke less than favorably about it's debut across the world. Quickly pointing to the notion it was meant to have a slow burn.

Not missing any point. More like Some get upset if you're not glowing about a product or company they like. Also companies don't measure success by rankings but by revenue and unit sales. Labo had a high ranking in UK but sold less than bayo2. So no saying "good" ranking is not a fact. Rankings are either high middling or low. Good or bad are just your judgement call.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are the actual unit sales/bracket for Labo in France. Hard to say if its good or disappointing without some indication of numbers.

More like Some get upset if you're not glowing about a product or company they like.

Thats nothing surprising to be honest. Just ignore them or try and make reasonable deductions.

JSG87

Mar 13, 2018
Ayr, Scotland
But most of the big Switch games debuted at #1, even Kirby did.
So how can we conclude that a #2 debut behind another game's second week, is good?

Hang on what? So if a game doesn't debut at #1 it means it's not a good debut position? I'm clearly not talking about sales here and taking about how #2 is a good position to debut in. Like being at #2 is a great position to start at.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Hang on what? So if a game doesn't debut at #1 it means it's not a good debut position? I'm clearly not talking about sales here and taking about how #2 is a good position to debut in. Like being at #2 is a great position to start at.

Just ignore them dude. It's the usual names that only appear and talk about the Switch when something Switch related isn't doing as amazing as it could.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018

-GOW second week
-Most switch games debuted at #1
-Slow week
-Switch is so popular in France it often has 3 or more games in the Top5.

I mean sure, Labo just had a good start at #2, I agree.

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
But most of the big Switch games debuted at #1, even Kirby did.
So how can we conclude that a #2 debut behind another game's second week, is good?

Neither Kirby Star Allies nor Nintendo Labo are big Switch titles.

Without sales figures we don't have a way to know how Nintendo Labo performed, it was released 1 week after a truly big title so sales could be high and yet fail to top de charts.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

Without sales figures we don't have a way to know how Nintendo Labo performed, it was released 1 week after a truly big title so sales could be high and yet fail to top de charts.

Also Labo was released on Friday which means it only had 2 days of tracking.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
-GOW second week
-Slow week

Your first point makes no sense, God of War had a huge 2nd week across the globe with sales barely dropping.

The rest i see but look LABO is not something that's gonna sell immediately, it'll likely be a slow burner.

I might be wrong and it totally flops but I doubt it, wait for Christmas.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
-GOW second week
-Slow week

Most Switch games arent Labo. You know what you get with buying Zelda or Mario Kart at launch...Labo is a unproven concept on consoles.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018

That's my point. A #2 debut without actual numbers doesn't indicate much, that's what I was replying to...

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I also didn't see many saying it was a failure either but many of you were quick to jump on anyone who spoke less than favorably about it's debut across the world. Quickly pointing to the notion it was meant to have a slow burn.
Then you must have been looking at Era with your eyes shut. The people that others reacted to clearly said Labo already failed. Had they said anything less than that there would hardly have been any reactions.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017

This made me laugh out loud XD

Then you must have been looking at Era with your eyes shut. The people that others reacted to clearly said Labo already failed. Had they said anything less than that there would hardly have been any reactions.

Not really true, mate....both things have happened. I know because it happened to me so...

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
This made me laugh out loud XD
These things make me laugh when they have at least some basis in reality, this one doesn't though. There is quite difference between "Labo failed" on the one hand and "nice debut" on the other hand, and if you don't see it, well... Nobody is saying "Labo uscceeded", such a proclamation here would be as nonsensical as "Labo failed" - and indeed, no one says that.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
These things make me laugh when they have at least some basis in reality, this one doesn't though. There is quite difference between "Labo failed" on the one hand and "nice debut" on the other hand, and if you don't see it, well... Nobody is saying "Labo uscceeded", such a proclamation here would be as nonsensical as "Labo failed" - and indeed, no one says that.

Iif it hadn't had any basis it wouldn't made me laugh as it did, so of course it has...at least a bit :P

Of course it did, you're a Sony fanboy.

Personal attacks now I see...it was funny man, just relax and get a sense of humour :P

See Stevie? This guy also thinks it was funny XD

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Xbox is dead in Europe and if PS5 has backwards compatibility with PS4, they won't get another chance.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
User Warned: System Wars
Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox is dead in Europe and if PS5 has backwards compatibility with PS4, they won't get another chance.
I mean why would you buy a Xbox when you can get a PS4 that most of your friends co-workers also own ?

Some people really were thirsty and still are to call Labo a flop as soon as possible.....even though they know it cant be really compared to regular software releases and the target audience for the most part still has to purchase the console.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really don't understand the joke that is making people laugh out loud ITT. It was a silly comment that didn't make sense to me...