• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Chris from Gameindustry is looking into it and will update the article accordingly.

IIRC, DkCTF launched <8700 units on wii u
oh cool.

we at least know it's done 17% of the total physical copies for TF.

So if , say TF (both versions) hit 50k, TF Switch would be around 8,5k.

wonder what Hyrule will do. Since it's a comparatively better value than some other ports.

SnowFlakeCake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any horizon numbers for week 3? GOW is gonna be stronger in NA but if it can keep up with Horizon in EU as well then it's hitting 10 million sooner rather than later.

And too soon to judge LABO, if it continues down its trajectory and we see no rejuvenation before Christmas 2019 then we can say it's selling shit. No opinions until then.

Deleted member 59

Just fyi, my ~8.5k is based on the fact that the Wii UU version launched in 4th behind this:

03 (08) PS3 THE LEGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE) - 8.700

(Taken from old neogaf charts).

It could be less than 8.5k

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
God of War
tenor.gif

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
After 3 weeks (retail only)

God of War III (94k) vs God of War (185k)

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And FWIW the digital version of DKCTF quickly reached no1 spot on the eShop, think it got there before Monday.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Uncharted 4 sold ~190K during first week in UK, GOW doing 185K in 3 weeks... Seems weak to me. PS4 userbase grown significanly after Uncharted released, and still here we are. God of War is still very weak in Europe compared to US.
It doubled GOW3 sales. It got stronger in Europe and that was Sony's aim.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God of War is the most impressive sales success Sony had since The last of Us.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Uncharted 4 sold ~190K during first week in UK, GOW doing 185K in 3 weeks... Seems weak to me. PS4 userbase grown significanly after Uncharted released, and still here we are. God of War is still very weak in Europe compared to US.
Why stop there? If we are gonna do some dumb posts then GTAV sold +80 million WW, everything is weak compared to it.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
tenor.gif

Your the same person that reacted negatively to those who call Labo a flop. Yet a franchise that is showing growth, that we've received record breaking numbers for is disappointing. SMH

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Last week's Nintendo Labo products meanwhile take a tumble. The Variety Pack drops from No.3 to No.13 with a 62% sales slide, while the Robot kit has vanished from the Top 40 entirely

Ouch.
Oh well, I'm sure it will rise again at some point.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico

I remember Zhuge (or it was Mat?) saying that for software ssales, userbase size only matters in the first years of a console. Once it reached a point, it doesn't matter that much

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

I believe God of War is neck and neck with Horizon's sales numbers in the UK, if not surpassing them in the same time frame. Not only that but UC4 was a massive hit in Europe so beating that was a pipe dream for a franchise like God of War in respect to Europe.

Deleted member 59

thanks that works.

DK TF NSW is 13k > X > 6.3k

I personally think a relatively safe estimate is >10k

Based on Amazon uk charts and the fact it's now only a couple of places behind Kirby, i think 10k launch is a given and this will probably easily outsell Kirby

GTVision

Oct 28, 2017
After 3 weeks (retail only)

God of War III (94k) vs God of War (185k)
Fantastic results for GoW, especially considering GoW3 already was the high point of the series (saleswise).

Also i'm pleasantly surprised how well these switch ports of WiiU versions are selling (better than the original in most cases).

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
GoW do almost double what GoW 3 did is just incredible!
DK number is not good, it's not that bad but absolutely not good.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Very good again for GoW. Continues to sell very well. I'm sure the great weather is having a big effect on games though. Kids sitting inside playing with cardboard won't be high on the agenda.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Based on Amazon uk charts and the fact it's now only a couple of places behind Kirby, i think 10k launch is a given and this will probably easily outsell Kirby
Yeah I definitely think it will outsell kirby, even as a port in UK

WW LTD will be interesting between the two. Kirby will get a huge lead from Japan, but DK might outsell it in every other region.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Amazon shouldn't be used a barometer for software sells.

Fantastic results for GoW, especially considering GoW3 already was the high point of the series (saleswise).

Also i'm pleasantly surprised how well these switch ports of WiiU versions are selling (better than the original in most cases).
The God war figure doesn't include digital, so I sure Sony will be delighted with the more than 100% growth.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Lmao Apples to Oranges comparison.

"God of War III (94k) vs God of War (185k)"

Without Digital, big growth in UK.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

GTVision

Oct 28, 2017
I just checked,it says "PS4 full game software digital download ratio" ,it was 43% in Q4 and 32% in entire fiscal year 2017.
I reckon those figures include all full game downloads, so also indie games. If that's the case than the average digital share of retail games should be a bit lower.

Also GoW was the first Sony published game with a digital price of 69,99, all other big ones like U4 and Horizon were 59,99. I'm wondering if that impacted the digital share for GoW (although it didn't stop me from buying the game digital).

Last edited: