• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Grads

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry everyone, but has the UK chart now have a different time?

This is the 3rd week in a row numbers comes out way early than usual. So this is the new usual time? I hope it is because it would be MUCH better for me. (it's 9:00pm where i live, before was 10:00 am lol)
Chris just releases the article + top 10 earlier, the top 40 still comes around the usual time.

SnowFlakeCake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bet we get 6 million PR talk at or around E3 time.

Sony don't tend to give out sales milestones, the only game with a second sales update from Sony was Horizon, where after a year they casually announced it had sold 7.5 million. After GOW has been out for a year, then we might hear how the game has done. GOW deserves this and then some, it is an incredible game.

Do we have sales data for Horizon after a month? It's a nice comparison since we know how the game has done after a year.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Sony don't tend to give out sales milestones, the only game with a second sales update from Sony was Horizon, where after a year they casually announced it had sold 7.5 million. After GOW has been out for a year, then we might hear how the game has done. GOW deserves this and then some, it is an incredible game.

Do we have sales data for Horizon after a month? It's a nice comparison since we know how the game has done after a year.
Horizon got 2 update after the first week PR. The first after 2 months and the second after 1 year.
Uncharted 4 got an update after (around) 7 months. Bloodborne got 2 update as well.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy

Uncharted got a 2.7 million and 8.7 million annunce. Bloodborne too they annunced 1 million and then 2 million months after that.
I'm also pretty sure DriveClub, TLOU and many others games got multiple annunce for sales milestone.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
User Banned (1 Day): trolling and console warring
Tropical Freeze has already sold more copies than both Nintendo Labo products combined.

Glad Europe is saying no to Labo.
jWw6m.gif

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
good drops all around.

labo's US performance will be interesting.

UK isn't Europe tho.

Come back at me when the French rankings are revealed tomorrow. Might be different, might not but it'll be interesting nonetheless.
eh, no point in responding.
for now it's drops aren't good. but it's going to be a long haul either way.

But engaging in discussion with people who say "I want this to bomb really really hard" will lead to what?

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Glad Europe is saying no to Labo.
jWw6m.gif

UK # Europe.

In fact UK market is very different from the other EU countries.

For starters it's the only country where Xbox is still relevant, it's the only country where Xbox outsells or sells like Switch, it's the only country where you'll find Xbox games on the top 10 etc.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
UK isn't Europe tho.

Come back at me when the French rankings are revealed tomorrow. Might be different, might not but it'll be interesting nonetheless.

Sure, tomorrow's French rankings will be interesting. But at the same time if the UK is an abnormality and doesn't represent the entirety of Europe, so should France be. It's literally the only country other than Japan where Switch game can almost entirely own the Top5.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
UK # Europe.

In fact UK market is very different from the other EU countries.

For starters it's the only country where Xbox is still relevant, it's the only country where Xbox outsells or sells like Switch, it's the only country where you'll find Xbox games on the top 10 etc.

I used to be confused by the UK market but after thinking about it it's actually one of the more interesting ones considering how well Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are doing there. Surely PS4 has a big lead but it's not like the other two are selling significantly worse compared to other markets like France, Spain or Japan where just one or two platforms are relevant.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, tomorrow's French rankings will be interesting. But at the same time if the UK is an abnormality and doesn't represent the entirety of Europe, so should France be. It's literally the only country other than Japan where Switch game can almost entirely own the Top5.
French rankings will be labos first week. I'd be more interested if it immediately falls out the second week.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
French rankings will be labos first week. I'd be more interested if it immediately falls out the second week.

Nah I'm 99.9% sure that tomorrow's chart will be LABO's second week. I recall the variety pack's debut last week at no 2 caused some.... childish reactions here- and an unfortunate but expected general mod warning.

Pezus

Apr 9, 2018
Iceland

That's not true. They're usually forthcoming with sales of their popular titles. Even in the PS3 days we got sales updates got tlou, heavy rain, uncharted etc.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Whilst it's great to see a strong second week for DK:TF, it's also not all too surprising as I feel as there's not a huge amount of exciting new games out there to buy at the moment. May and June seem like very quiet months, although I'm sure we'll get high entries soon from Decay 2, Detroit and Dark Souls.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Great result for donkey kong. I've been saying Nintendo was right to charge full price. Game deserves its price though. Fantastic game

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
Great legs for GoW! Even tho it deserves to sell better than any game this gen, but still, great legs.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
The WiiU did better in France than the rest of Europe, but sure...

Better is a strong word. It sold about 800k units, less than the X1.

Take JRPGs for example, you'll see that franchise like Yokai Watch has met great success in France/Spain, and not so much in the rest of Europe.

I can provide you a list of software sales if you want, but I dont understand why you cant see that the UK is quite an outlier in Europe. It is the only country where the Xbox sells well for example.

Like the French love for Football games and GT or their love You Watch right?

...Oh wait.

Seriously ?

gsR8zV0.png

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
If it wasn't for GOW, Nintendo would be owning the entire French Top5.

The Spanish market ain't doing it.

Week 17

France

01 PS4 God of War
02 NSW Nintendo Labo: Toycon 01 Variety Kit
03 PS4 Far Cry
04 NSW Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
05 NSW Super Mario Odyssey

Spain

01 PS4 God of War - 26,000 / 93,000
02 NSW Nintendo Labo: Toycon 01 Variety Kit - 6,000 / NEW
03 NSW Super Mario Odyssey - 3,300 / 244,000