• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Say it with your chest man!
8o1xGi.gif

Fantastic legs for PUBG and Sea of thieves.
giphy.gif

Your secret safe with me, I won't blow your cover. ;)

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
[Week 16, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 96,000 / NEW
[Week 17, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 62,000 / 158,000 (-35%)
[Week 18, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 27,000 / 185,000 (-56%)
[Week 19, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 19,000 / 204,000 (-30%)

https://www.resetera.com/posts/7867887/

Physical only.
can it do 500k by the end of year in UK?
btw do we still get UK Top 100 video game list with numbers.. I remember something like that use to be released.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
A lot of people in this thread getting hard over Labo not performing well in the UK.
We shouldn't allow Nintendo to diversify and make games that aren't for hardcore gamers like us exclusively or else!

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A lot of people in this thread getting hard over Labo not performing well in the UK.
We shouldn't allow Nintendo to diversify and make games that aren't for hardcore gamers like us exclusively or else!

You should see the last couple of PAL threads too, this ones actually kinda tame in comparison... embarrassing nevertheless though,

On topic it's great to see the signs that Tropical Freeze is getting the success it deserves. Very good game all round.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
If the Switch is a hot holiday item? Absolutely. LABO is made for the holiday season and Nintendo can strike deals with retailers to make sure it's represented in their stores.

Now, if it underperforms this Christmas, retailers won't order more units and it'll be off the shelves early next year.

You're basing this more on hope than expectation I think. Space is at a premium and retailers will clear poor sellers quick. GAME has already knocked ÂŁ10 off the price of both Labo sets.

Oct 25, 2017
God of War #1 not surprising. God of War having 19,000 sales now, I guess State of Decay 2 has a chance to top it this week?

Edit: Oops, scratch that. It's releasing on 22nd, not 18th as Metacritic is claiming.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Labo is a bomb and will be long forgotten come holiday season. It's a cool idea, but there is no way something is going to fail in May and suddenly become successful in December, just because. A rising tide does lift all boats, but only in the case of things that were pretty successful in the first place.
This is my take as well. Something that no one cared about in April / May isn't suddenly going to start flying off the shelves just because it's Christmas.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Yeah my bad. I thought they came out on the same day. So yeah, SoD2 has a chance for sure.

I reckon the PAL charts in two weeks time will probably look like this:

1. Detroit: Become Human (ÂŁ50)
  2. Dark Souls Remastered (ÂŁ30 everywhere)
  3. State of Decay 2 (ÂŁ25 and is on GamePass)
  4. God of War (leggy legs)
  5. Far Cry 5 (a big multi-format game continues to sell well)

Donkey Kong may be able squeeze into the top five somewhere too.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
What´s wrong with people prefering Nintendo to make games that actually interest them?

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
No idea why Nintendo decided to launch Labo in April. It's not a narrative experience, so it's nothing people are going to run out and buy to be part of the conversation. - so of course its sales aren't going to be quite that front-loaded.

Meanwhile, it's the perfect present for kids. It's a huge box and it's great to keep the kids busy but also kinda social during Christmas family time.

Oct 25, 2017

This is a pretty non-sensical take.

If LABO is bombing, then the different audience it is meant for clearly doesn't seem to be interested. And the "hardcore" audience is the one buying it early.

Successfull attempts at diversification should be praised (e.g. Pokemon GO), but why exactly should praise be thrown a companies way for a failed attempt that misses the point so largely? Especially a company that has several prior hugely succesfuly attempts?

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
When it 1st got announced I knew quite a few people who were excited for Labo, then it came out and I seem to be the only one I know who bought it

Grads

Oct 25, 2017
French Charts week 18
1. God of War
2. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
3. Labo: Toy Con 1
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
5. Mario Odyssey

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Sony's PS4 'God of War' takes a fourth consecutive week at No1.

Last week it equalled 'The Last of Us: Remastered' and so now has one more week – for a Sony published game it is now looking to beat a 6 week consecutive run for Sony's 'The Last of Us' on PS3 (starting week 24, 2013), or if including PS2, an 8 week run for 'Gran Turismo 3' (starting week 29, 2011). Nintendo remain at No2 with week 2 of Switch 'Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze' and Ubisoft remain at No3 for a second week with 'Far Cry 5'. Ubisoft's 'Assassin's Creed Origins' makes a return to the Top 10, climbing 9 places to No8 thanks to some promotional activity. Rockstar/Take 2's 'GTA V' also climbs back in to the Top 10, up 3 places to No9, as do Activision thanks to 'Destiny 2', up 6 places to No10. There's one new entry within the Top 40 debuting at No13 and that is Deep Silver's 'Conan Exiles' for PS4/Xbox One. Microsoft's 'Forza Horizon 3' is a high re-entry at No19 thanks to promotional Xbox One S hardware bundle deals.

Damn, GoW has legs of steel. Very happy for SSM.

Oct 25, 2017
So is this the 4th week in a row God of War took the number 1 spot? How does that compare to other PS4 exclusives, in terms of sales up to this point plus weeks at the top spot?

For the fourth consecutive week in a row, God of War is No.1 (despite a 30% dip in sales week-on-week).

It means that the game has surpassed The Last of Us: Remastered as the Sony-published PS4 game with the most consecutive No.1s. It's quite a specific feat, admittedly, and it's not exactly faced any real competition. But the game has been quite a sizeable hit for Sony, and it's comfortably the second biggest new game released this year behind Far Cry 5.

All of this is for physical game sales only.

If it secures two more No.1s in a row, it will have surpassed The Last of Us on PS3's six-week run at the top spot. Although it faces a bit of competition over the coming weeks, such as from Hyrule Warriors on Nintendo Switch, the remastered versions of Dark Souls and another PS4 exclusive in the form of Detroit: Become Human.
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...es-fourth-consecutive-no-1-in-uk-boxed-charts

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is my take as well. Something that no one cared about in April / May isn't suddenly going to start flying off the shelves just because it's Christmas.

Other things it supposes is that

A) Of course the switch is going to be a Xmas smash hit that all Nintendo Accessories and Software will benefit from

B) Of course there is not going to be another potential Xmas Toy that kids are going to lose their shit over.

C) Of course retailers see the potential in the product to have huge amounts of stock in 7 months time. Not only that, Nintendo, a notoriously conservative company when it comes to excess stock, is going to manufacture large amounts of something that didn't sell very well at first.

D) Of course parents are going to remember what the hell Labo is at Xmas so they can pick it up preventually because it's what their kids are really want.

Alot of increasingly bold assumptions to make at the Beginning of May. The only really sensible one is switch should still be a Big seller come Xmas. But nobody knows how big, nor what software will benefit from those sales.

Nintendo has found a hit on their hands with the switch, but let us not pretend they have some kind of Midas touch. Things they make can still fail.