• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So will they combine last week's UE sales in to next week's chart? Or are they forever lost as far as the weekly PAL chart is concerned?

That could make SOD2's performance look pretty bad next week given most sales are likely to be last week with the UE.

And why aren't they counted?

They will be counted next week.

The game's official release date has not happened yet, so all the UE sales are classed as paid-for pre-orders.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
That's not really true imo. MK8D debuted lower than MK8 in several regions, but I don't think anyone would call that bad. HW did very well on WiiU (was one of the few games to do so), so the current shouldn't be expected to do similarly per se, especially considering there also was a 3DS version. I do agree that half of WiiU is a tad lower than I'd hoped.

Uhm...even MK8 Deluxe debuted lower than the Wii U version, in many markets. At debut. First week.

EDIT: beaten

The Switch's install base a year ago when it was just released and therefor limiting MK' sales

=/=

The switch install base today with over 15M users + Zelda hype + Wii U ports having proven to be more successful on Switch.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's weird to want a product to fail inheerently but I could understand the appeal to emotion if the product was buggy and broken, or very aggressive in its monetization scheme or if it lied to customers about what it was. I don't really get why Labo generates this distaste though. It by all accounts is a well made product. I'm not crying over it struggling to find an audience because that's business but the outright desire for it to fail is super weird.

This is true. This is probably all it is.

Honestly I don't think its that complicated. Most of it is just a push back towards the hype. But some genuinely don't think it's a good value or just another nintendo gimmick to sell plastic or in this case cardboard. So those happy it failed feel just as justified as those of you who stand against "aggressive monetization" in other games.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I don't think its that complicated. Most of it is just a push back towards the hype.

Which is weird.

But some genuinely don't think it's a good value or just another nintendo gimmick to sell plastic or in this case cardboard.

The product largely reviewed well and those that purchased it seem to think it's a good product. It's not aimed at traditional gamers but that doesn't make the product itself poor or a gimmick. Hence why I find that desire to see it fail so strange.

So those happy it failed feel just as justified as those of you who stand against "aggressive monetization" in other games.

I said I understand people's emotional reaction to aggressive monetization (not that its something I actually care about, I don't, companies can monetize their products however they want) but if the ultimate reason people hate Labo is "its a gimmick not targeted to me", that's ultra petty.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
God, the UK market is so small.
It's pretty standard everywhere, especially in slow parts of the year like now, pretty much everything outside the top 10 isn't really selling all that well, nevermind if it's in the 20s, it's probably only just about breaking the 1k mark at this time of year.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Confirm what? That once you're outside top20 in any country the numbers are comical small? Japan doesn't even seem to track or at least show numbers of games outside top20.
The difference between two spots outside the top 10. Sounds like you're speculating. Unless you have numbers to share?

Grads

Oct 25, 2017
Confirm what? That once you're outside top20 in any country the numbers are comical small? Japan doesn't even seem to track or at least show numbers of games outside top20.
Famitsu and Dengeki charts go past the top 20 (Dengeki ones aren't linked to the first-page on new threads thou).

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
They do, Famitsu and Dengeki give numbers for 21-30 (Famitsu) and 21-50 (Dengeki):
25./27. [3DS] Pokemon Ultra Moon (Pokemon Co.) {2017.11.17} - 1,233 / 794,519
26./25. [3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun (Pokemon Co.) {2017.11.17} - 1,161 / 817,750
27./24. [3DS] Mario Party: The Top 100 (Nintendo) {2017.12.28} - 1,133 / 201,576
Numbers are Dengeki. So yeah, exactly 100 units difference between 25 and 27 in Japan last week (though it should be noted that last week was probably the slowest week of the year for Japan, the week after Golden Week).

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The difference between two spots outside the top 10. Sounds like you're speculating. Unless you have numbers to share?
We were talking about 25-> 27. I don't have any numbers I'm not an insider, but just compare it to Japan (a bigger market) the difference between 25 and 27 during week 19 was 41 copies.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
All this over hyrule waeriors

Lol
Yeah i don't get it, it's not even a major title, the fact FE sold a million despite a lot of people predicting it had underperformed makes commenting on whether the third release of this musou did poorly in one market not too meaningful. We'll find out how well it actually did in KT next quarterly reports. Personally though I wouldn't have predicted a better performance than the wii u version. There's already 2 versions a prospect buyer could have bought long before this version released. As far as KT is concerned this is just extra profits.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
In Switzerland Tropical Freeze beated God of War: didn't see that coming

blbNMZf.jpg