• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
MK Wii was bundled with the system for a long ass time....they havent even started bundle-season with Switch yet.
Next console MK is way off - mobile version is up next anyway.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
It's not bold, I just recognise MK8 as being that, much like GTAV is.
Mario Kart games have historically always released within the first 3 years of a Nintendo console launch. GTA has a more irregular schedule so it's hard to predict that. I have no doubt MK9 will cut off MK8's legs in a big way, assuming the release date trend continues.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt that if only because MK9 will be released by then.

Mario Kart games have historically always released within the first 3 years of a Nintendo console launch. GTA has a more irregular schedule so it's hard to predict that. I have no doubt MK9 will cut off MK8's legs in a big way, assuming the release date trend continues.

The real question is why make another Mario kart game when the current one is selling like a new entry ?

It is more clever to use the MK team to develop another game or IP and be ready to launch a new Mario Kart within the first year of the Switch2.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Switch already got its MK game - its MK8D.
Next console MK will be ready for the next Switch - even though it might be multiplattform and run on the current/old Switch as well.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
The real question is why make another Mario kart game when the current one is selling like a new entry ?

It is more clever to use the MK team to develop another game or IP and be ready to launch a new Mario Kart within the first year of the Switch2.
If you ask me, I wouldn't release a new MK had I known MK8D would perform as well as it is. However, the team could already have started work on the next MK right after MK8(which was released like 4 years ago).

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Expecting a mainline Mario Kart game to be released in the first half of a Nintendo console cycle isn't exactly a bold prediction.

I'd normally agree, but why would Nintendo release the next Mario Kart while still having the 8 on top of the charts? It's literally about to pass Mario Odyssée in overall sales WW...

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
If you ask me, I wouldn't release a new MK had I known MK8D would perform as well as it is. However, the team could already have started work on the next MK right after MK8(which was released like 4 years ago).

I think that the team worked on ARMS so they likely started their new project after MK8D established itself as a roaring success.

Oct 26, 2017
They were making ARMS. Could easily have new concepts planned for the next mk at any time of course, but I don't think they will be in full production yet, and will work on getting a new title or reboot out before then.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
I'd normally agree, but why would Nintendo release the next Mario Kart while still having the 8 on top of the charts? It's literally about to pass Mario Odyssée in overall sales WW...
I think that the team worked on ARMS so they likely started their new project after MK8D established itself as a roaring success.
They were making ARMS. Could easily have new concepts planned for the next mk at any time of course, but I don't think they will be in full production yet, and will work on getting a new title or reboot out before then.
Well that's something I overlooked so maybe my prediction may be off. Still, do we know if the entire MK8 staff worked on arms or just a portion of it? It doesn't seem to be as grand of a game as MK8 in terms of content.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Last Week This Week Title
New Entry 1 Detroit: Become Human
New Entry 2 State of Decay 2
New Entry 3 Dark Souls Remastered
2 4 FIFA 18
1 5 God of War
5 6 Far Cry 5
40 7 Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition
13 8 Destiny 2
12 9 Fallout 4
8 10 Mario Kart 8: Deluxe

There's another new game at No.2, as well, in the form of State of Decay 2. The Xbox One exclusive was very close to Detroit, with fewer than 4,000 boxed sales separating the two.

And then at No.3 is the remastered version of Dark Souls. Again, this game was also pretty close to the Top Two. The Switch version is still to come for this title.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...roit-become-human-headlines-all-new-top-three

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It will slow down at some point.

Nintendo has gotten used to monstrous sales from two Mario Karts per generation going back several gens now, they're not going to go back to settling on just one MK.

Mario Kart: Nintendo All-Stars probably happens in 2019 or 2020 IMO.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
There is someone that bet a week ban, claiming that a 7 years port wa going to outsell Detroit.
Let's see if he goes through with the bet.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Developed by Quantic Dream, sales of the game is roughly in-line with the performance of its last title, 2013's Beyond Two Souls. When you factor in the expected increase in digital download sales (which isn't included here) it's likely the game surpassed the performance of that title - although not by a huge margin.

How much did Beyond do?

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not bad for state of decay 2. I guess most of its sales were digital anyway so being so close to Detroit is quite good. Yes, it was out longer but also has a smaller target group.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Good for detroit. Gow at 5 but got an increase in sales compared to last week das good. FIFA rose a lot, can't beat world cup hype. Seeing overwatch and destiny is a real surprise.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
https://www./threads/pal-charts-week-41-2013.696904/

Beyond sold less than 37k in its first week :/

Detroit must be lower then

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
Detroit: Become Human UK launch sales (boxed) are slightly behind Beyond: Two Souls - although digital probably makes up for that and then some. It doesn't get close to Heavy Rain though

Honestly this seems like a fairly mediocre performance. State of Decay had nowhere near the marketing spend or overall profile of Detroit and was also available Day 1 on Game Pass and still came within spitting distance of Detroit. Meanwhile Quantic Dream seem unable to have their follow ups come close to Heavy Rain in terms of sales. Feels like they're hitting a fairly low ceiling in terms of consumer interest.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Honestly this seems like a fairly mediocre performance. State of Decay had nowhere near the marketing spend or overall profile of Detroit and was also available Day 1 on Game Pass and still came within spitting distance of Detroit. Meanwhile Quantic Dream seem unable to have their follow ups come close to Heavy Rain in terms of sales. Feels like they're hitting a ceiling in terms of consumer interest.
SoD 2 had more tracking days plus $30 vs $60.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not exactly a good start for Detroit.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Exactly.Anyway,without digital,we don't have a full picture.
You are right but in the article they say
Developed by Quantic Dream, sales of the game is roughly in-line with the performance of its last title, 2013's Beyond Two Souls. When you factor in the expected increase in digital download sales (which isn't included here) it's likely the game surpassed the performance of that title - although not by a huge margin.
so perhaps digital attach rate was not that high for Detroit.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
SoD 2 had more tracking days plus $30 vs $60.

Eh, I would still expect a game of Detroit's stature to easily outsell a game like State of Decay regardless of release window and price. Also it's ultimately only sold around what Beyond sold, and Beyond got much worse reviews than Detroit.

I think there's a pretty clear tailing off in interest in QD's output.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Surprised to see state of decay 2 soo high, gamepass didnt diminish sales apparently.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Jup. But with a 30 bucks entry going digital is more attractive. But at the end we dont know and we really need everything nowadays to get a full picture. Next year right?
Yeah, next year digital will finally be counted so it should be good.
You are right but in the article they say

so perhaps digital attach rate was not that high for Detroit.
I doubt he knows the digital numbers since they don't track it.