• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
resetera-gifl9a7h.gif

MmxQTE5.png

United Kingdom:
Week 21, 2018 - All Formats (Units)

Originally Posted by Chart-Track:

'Detroit: Become Human' becomes the 10th PlayStation exclusive to hit No.1 this year

There are three new entries in the Top 3 this week, led by Sony's 'Detroit: Become Human' which is the 10th different PlayStation exclusive title to reach No1 so far this year. Microsoft's new format exclusive 'State of Decay 2' has to settle for a debut at No2, while 'Dark Souls Remastered' enters at No3.

The retailer promotion on 'FIFA 18' continues this week – despite slipping 2 places to No4, sales rise by 59%. God of War's five week run at the top is over as it falls to No5, ahead of 'Far Cry 5' at No6 and a heavily price promoted 'Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition' which bounces from No40 to No7, boosted by some retailers dropping it to £15. There is one other new title to make the Top 40 this week: 'Space Hulk Deathwing' debuting at No19.

01 (NE) DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (NE) STATE OF DECAY 2 (MICROSOFT)
03 (NE) DARK SOULS REMASTERED (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
04 (02) FIFA 18 (EA SPORTS)
05 (01) GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
06 (05) FAR CRY 5 (UBISOFT)
07 (40) OVERWATCH: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION (BLIZZARD)
08 (13) DESTINY 2 (ACTIVISION)
09 (12) FALLOUT 4 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
10 (08) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
11 (06) LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
12 (07) ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS (UBISOFT)
13 (09) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR)
14 (04) DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE (NINTENDO)
15 (11) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
16 (15) PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (MICROSOFT)
17 (03) HYRULE WARRIORS: DEFINITIVE EDITION (NINTENDO)
18 (16) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
19 (NE) SPACE HULK DEATHWING (FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE)
20 (17) ROCKET LEAGUE: COLLECTORS EDITION (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
21 (36) THE SIMS 4 (EA GAMES)
22 (19) SPLATOON 2 (NINTENDO)
23 (10) CALL OF DUTY: WWII (ACTIVISION)
24 (20) TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE (UBISOFT)
25 (27) BURNOUT PARADISE REMASTERED (EA GAMES)
26 (30) GRAN TURISMO: SPORT (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
27 (14) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION)
28 (26) SEA OF THIEVES (MICROSOFT)
29 (21) WWE 2K18 (2K)
30 (22) LEGO WORLDS (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
31 (24) DOOM (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
32 (23) SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
33 (25) NINTENDO LABO TOY-CON 01: VARIETY KIT (NINTENDO)
34 (18) STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II (EA GAMES)
35 (28) PLAYSTATION VR WORLDS (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
36 (RE) EA SPORTS UFC 3 (EA SPORTS)
37 (32) 1-2 SWITCH (NINTENDO)
38 (29) JUST DANCE 2018 (UBISOFT)
39 (RE) NEED FOR SPEED PAYBACK (EA GAMES)
40 (RE) MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD (CAPCOM)

Week 21, 2018 - Individual Formats (Units)

V0NjZR6.png

France:
Week 20, 2018 - Individual Formats (Value)

01 (01) PS4 GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (02) NSW DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE (NINTENDO)
03 (NE) NSW HYRULE WARRIORS: DEFINITIVE EDITION (NINTENDO)
04 (04) NSW MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
05 (RE) PS4 FIFA 18 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

UJysQu3.png

Germany:
April 2018 - All Formats (Units)

01 (NE) GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (01) FAR CRY 5 (UBISOFT)
03 (02) FIFA 18 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
04 (03) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
05 (06) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
06 (05) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
07 (07) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
08 (14) SPLATOON 2 (NINTENDO)
09 (17) MINECRAFT (MICROSOFT / NINTENDO / SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
10 (11) CALL OF DUTY: WWII (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
11 (12) NEED FOR SPEED PAYBACK (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
12 (NE) NINTENDO LABO TOY-CON 01: VARIETY KIT (NINTENDO)
13 (04) GRAN TURISMO: SPORT (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
14 (13) ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS (UBISOFT)
15 (19) STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
16 (10) MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD (CAPCOM)
17 (RE) LEGO CITY: UNDERCOVER (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
18 (RE) ROCKET LEAGUE: COLLECTORS EDITION (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
19 (RE) POKEMON ULTRA SUN (NINTENDO)
20 (RE) THE SIMS 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

Week 21, 2018 - GfK Entertainment Press Note

7SOi6LN.png

Italy:
Week 20, 2018 - Individual Console (Units)

gOnqdLo.png

Switzerland:

nWkUWXZ.png

Denmark:
Week 20, 2018 - All Formats (Units)

lBCaZ1R.png

Norway:

ev8uIPG.png

Sweden:

se6Rz4O.png

Australia:

Rd6CnTM.png

New Zealand:

elumVdB.png

Spain:
April 2018 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (01) PS4 FAR CRY 5 (UBISOFT)
03 (02) PS4 FIFA 18 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
04 (04) NSW SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
05 (05) NSW MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
06 (NE) PS4 GOD OF WAR - LIMITED EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
07 (07) NSW SPLATOON 2 (NINTENDO)
08 (10) PS4 ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS (UBISOFT)
09 (NE) PS4 GOD OF WAR - COLLECTOR'S EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
10 (09) NSW THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)

ESltXXF.png

Greece:
April 2018 - Individual Formats (Units)

PAL Charts - Week 17, 2018
PAL Charts - Week 18, 2018
PAL Charts - Week 19, 2018
PAL Charts - Week 20, 2018

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
Struggling to think of 9 other PS4 titles to hit number one this year. God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Yakuza (?), erm...

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I expected a bigger bump for Switch titles because of school holidays but maybe that will be next weeks chart.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah as I said in the other thread this is a pretty unremarkable week even though there are multiple new entries. Worse yet is the fact that we may not even see a week this remarkable for a while, people will be doing other things than buying/playing video games over the next months with the whether being great and the small matter of the World Cup. Lack of new releases doesn't help matters here either.

Mediocre opening for Detroit Become Human. Maybe I was right to wait for a price reduction...

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I think Detroit probably launched just too soon after God of War. A bit of a hollow victory sadly, although the UK weather has been glorious the past couple of weeks (and still now too) which will certainly have had an effect on videogame sales.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
GOW dropped to #5?

A bomb!!!

(someone had to say it)

I know sales went up y'all

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah as I said in the other thread this is a pretty unremarkable week even though there are multiple new entries. Worse yet is the fact that we may not even see a week this remarkable for a while, people will be doing other things than buying/playing video games over the next months with the whether being great and the small matter of the World Cup. Lack of new releases doesn't help matters here either.

Mediocre opening for Detroit Become Human. Maybe I was right to wait for a price reduction...

How do you figure ?

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
With digital, Detroit should be well above Beyond's launch week. As I expected for Detroit. Liked it way more than I thought I would. The best QD game yet.
I want more of these games. Let's hope the partnership with Sony continues

Decent for Detroit, but not great. Will probably be profitable just like the other games.
Yep.

freeradical

Oct 27, 2017
So, who has the launch week numbers for Heavy Rain? Divide by 4, and we have the numbers at retail for Detroit and then the number for State of Decay 2.

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
With digital, Detroit should be well above Beyond's launch week. As I expected for Detroit. Liked it way more than I thought I would. The best QD game yet.
I want more of these games. Let's hope the partnership with Sony continues

Yeah, I'm looking forward to playing it. Still chugging through my backlog so in no rush, but the decent reviews and apparent good word of mouth might mean it has long legs.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
I think it's just saying the 10th Sony exclusive to be #1 and choosing odd wording because some weeks the #1 game is a Sony exclusive that hit #1 before. Like how God of War was number 1 for more than one week.
It says 'different' games, so GoW will only count for 1 even though it has 5 weeks as #1, but GHG already gave explanation for the statement above. It's 10 different PS4 exclusives within the previous 12 months.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
There's another new game at No.2, as well, in the form of State of Decay 2. The Xbox One exclusive was very close to Detroit, with fewer than 4,000 boxed sales separating the two
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...roit-become-human-headlines-all-new-top-three

I think this is quite incredible. State of Decay 2 was developed by a small (~60) team, got scathing reviews, is the jankiest game I've ever played in my life, and it's on Game Pass.

Perhaps Microsoft is having the last laugh here, which sucks, because SoD2 sucks.

EDIT: Although thinking about it, there was a budget option at £24 and even the Ultimate Edition cost less than cheapest version of Detroit. So price is clearly a factor here.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...roit-become-human-headlines-all-new-top-three

I think this is quite incredible. State of Decay 2 was developed by a small (~60) team, got scathing reviews, is the jankiest game I've ever played in my life, and it's on Game Pass.

Perhaps Microsoft is having the last laugh here, which sucks, because SoD2 sucks. But it also puts things in to context.
Let's see when the revenue chart goes up, because it's also a half price game compared to Detroit.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Perhaps Microsoft is having the last laugh here, which sucks, because SoD2 sucks. But it also puts things in to context.

It's a great result for sure, but another test will be what sort of legs it has. It is a budget title after all.

If they get out some quality patches and big fixes, that might help in the long term. Hell that's what I'm waiting for.

Oct 25, 2017
It's well down from Heavy Rain despite the console having a substantially higher install base. Still decent enough imo, but I don't pay the bills!

Beyond was profitable so Detroit should be too if it is tracking ahead.. Not really sure what QD can do to really improve sales besides completely revamping the actual gameplay. It's a niche genre to pay $60 for these types of games.

Perhaps Microsoft is having the last laugh here, which sucks, because SoD2 sucks.

EDIT: Although thinking about it, there was a budget option at £24 and even the Ultimate Edition cost less than cheapest version of Detroit. So price is clearly a factor here.

Laugh by releasing another game with serious issues? Laughing at their customers maybe. SOT started off hot then fell off a cliff by month two so we'll see.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
A little surprised Detroit beat State of Decay with the price differences and those number rumours from the other thread, guess more people buying State of Decay digitally then (or game pass).

Yup,summer is coming + World Cup...sooo,no big AAA things till Spiderman i guess?

The Crew 2 at the End of June which I'd class as a big release along with Mario Tennis Aces but yea nothing majorly big until the WoW expansion or Spiderman.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Remember a low price also be more attractive to get it digital offcourse. But as we said in the other thread. Next year cant get here soon enough as atm we dont have the full picture at all anymore.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Beyond was profitable so Detroit should be too if it is tracking ahead.. Not really sure what QD can do to really improve sales besides completely revamping the actual gameplay. It's a niche genre to pay $60 for these types of games.

Yeah I agree about sales potential (apart from the odd once off breakthrough) but do we really know if dev costs were similar to Beyond? New gen and all, and this game seemed to get more of a push (while still being released in GOWs shadow lol)

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Can see Detroit having a big digital numbers.
I'm not sure that will be the case in the UK, as only the Digital Deluxe version was available and it was pricey - especially given this is a single player game.

However, even the physical version was pricey (£48!) so I expect this game to have legs - I'd imagine there are many (like me) wanting to jump in but just waiting for sub-£40. I'm also not finished with God of War yet, and I'd imagine that will also be the case for a lot of others too.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I agree with you TBH. Box arts are still important and this game's one is awful.

I keep thinking it was a placeholder that somehow slipped through and nobody noticed until it was too late.

It's a bit of a niche genre so it needed something eye catching for people that don't frequent forums or gaming news sites.

Should have been Clancy Brown holding a gun in one hand and a bottle of whiskey in the other.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited: