• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I think this is quite incredible. State of Decay 2 was developed by a small (~60) team, got scathing reviews, is the jankiest game I've ever played in my life, and it's on Game Pass.

This is something I can't understand as well. While there may be a good game underneath all that jank, I don't think any dev/publisher should be rewarded for releasing a game in such a crappy state. The hunger for Xbox exclusives must be so big that Xbox fans just don't care anymore...

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
Detroit at 22K is pretty miserable. Guess it'll be number one on the PS store for the month, likely end up profitable as these games do.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Not all games on game pass, like State of Decay 2 not on gamepass.
May2018NewTitles_XGP_HERO-hero.jpg

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's well down from Heavy Rain despite the console having a substantially higher install base. Still decent enough imo, but I don't pay the bills!

The difference in install base is irrelevant though - so I guess the criteria to not be a mediocre opening week in the UK is to sell more than Heavy Rain.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
I thought some people were smoking something to think DS remastered was going to beat Detroit to number one.

So performance as expected, which is fine for me; I'm glad these types of SP games are still being released and want them to continue to make more. Well done Sony for continuing to fund SP games.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Can't wait to see Detroit first week sales in Japan, I think this game is going to do much better than Beyond Two Souls there.

https://www./threads/media-create-sales-week-42-2013-oct-14-oct-20.702424/

Beyond did 22k FW in Japan.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are people still buying MS games? Don't they know about game pass?
I guess some people want to have them in their physical collections or don't lose access to them after the Game Pass trial/sub runs out. Plus with SoD price is an additional factor, it's not a 60 dollar game like Sea of Thieves (not even a 30 dollar game in my country, closer to 27 dollars).

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Remember when God of War flopped? No, well that was the narrative on PAL threads after first week sales where revealed.

Like God of War, Detroit: Become Human was released on Friday in the UK. It was also a Bank Holiday with great weather. I'd expect Detroit: Become Human to have a strong second week and continue performing decently through summer. It's easy to jump into PAL threads that reflect only a few days sales and jump to conclusions.

BTW, also great to see GT Sport move upto #26 in the UK and #13 in Germany. With various updates and promotions I would now expect it to stick around the top 40 for the remainder of the gen.

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when God of War flopped? No, well that was the narrative on PAL threads after first week sales where revealed.

Like God of War, Detroit: Become Human was released on Friday in the UK. It was also a Bank Holiday with great weather. I'd expect Detroit: Become Human to have a strong second week and continue performing decently through summer. It's easy to jump into PAL threads that reflect only a few days sales and jump to conclusions.

BTW, also great to see GT Sport move upto #26 in the UK and #13 in Germany. With various updates and promotions I would now expect it to stick around the top 40 for the remainder of the gen.

Remember when God of War sold 1/4th the previous mainline entry?

Neither does anyone else.

Cause it didn't happen.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
But not above Heavy Rain. Ouch
=D As expected. Heavy Rain was something new and special back then. It will sell well between Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls. And it will be profitable, as it looks like.
So all is good in my gaming world. Let's hope the next QD game will push the PS5 to its limits. Can't wait.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to playing it. Still chugging through my backlog so in no rush, but the decent reviews and apparent good word of mouth might mean it has long legs.
You're going to love it. As I've already mentioned, it's Quantic Dream's best game yet. And man, it looks so damn good =)

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised that Detroit topped the charts, but the unit sales for this title are fairly underwhelming.

God of War with the 5% uptick in sales is a really good indicator of the great word of mouth and hopefully future sustained sales. Very impressive.

Labo tumbling down the charts, soon it'll be like it never even existed.

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Disappointed that its no where near HR..... but with digital at say 30-40% I think its going to be doing ok.

One big difference will be legs, I think people who are playing it generally like the game, and that always provides a good basis going forward (in terms of positive buying power), didnt see much of that with Beyond. So I expect the 2nd week drop to be less significant and it should I think go on to sell 3m+ LT. Guess GOW is the game sucking out the air in the market a bit, perhaps they should have waiting a little bit longer to release but then we would have been even further in the dead months for games.

I think the downside for QD is that the budget for this game went up, so they will need to sell more copies.

Anyway loving my play through, two of my kids who've played it love it, so its a liked game in my family :D

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't that around the usual split for basically any Japanese game?

I have no idea, but if that is the case that's disappointing. British Xbox One owners need to diversify their tastes a bit. Or Microsoft needs to release more Japanese games to entice those sorts of gamers over to the platform, who knows.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
But not above Heavy Rain. Ouch
Eh. While Detroit certainly could had had better first week in terms of boxed sales it was never going to match heavy rains first week. God of War with all that hype and critical acclaim had barely higher first week in retail than Heavy Rain (96k vs 86k). Heavy Rain had huge debut back in a day.

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Eh. While Detroit certainly could had had better first week in terms of boxed sales it was never going to match heavy rains first week. God of War with all that hype and critical acclaim had barely higher first week in retail than Heavy Rain (96k vs 86k). Heavy Rain had huge debut back in a day.

Wow when you see it like that, HR did amazing.

Do we know the number of disk copies on Detroit, and what was Beyond?

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
The difference in install base is irrelevant though - so I guess the criteria to not be a mediocre opening week in the UK is to sell more than Heavy Rain.

I mean, same developer and same genre so makes sense that people would compare the two. This is only one market, over a few days, so let's not get ahead of ourselves in terms of sales overall.

Gurish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
Detroit is in line with Beyond and well behind Heavy Rain. Factoring digital, Detroit > Beyond is very likely. Also, State of Decay 2 is 4 000 units behind Detroit and God of War sales actually increased 5% !

So quite good for Detroit but it's not touching Heavy Rain performance any time soon, at least in the UK.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...roit-become-human-headlines-all-new-top-three

They needed that HR MC to get those sales again, a much harder mission today than it was in 2010.