• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CloseDesertedIvorygull-size_restricted.gif

It has a chance of being ahead at least, a smaller pricetag means that going the digital option is more common than if it was a 60$ game, and there's already not much of a difference at retail between SoD2 and Detroid.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I have no idea, but if that is the case that's disappointing. British Xbox One owners need to diversify their tastes a bit. Or Microsoft needs to release more Japanese games to entice those sorts of gamers over to the platform, who knows.

Dark Souls has been available on XB1 for more than 2 years with BC.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I have no idea, but if that is the case that's disappointing. British Xbox One owners need to diversify their tastes a bit. Or Microsoft needs to release more Japanese games to entice those sorts of gamers over to the platform, who knows.
Demon Souls and Bloodborne are PS exclusives, so if like this type of game enough to buy a remaster you are probably playing on a PS4.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
It has a chance of being ahead at least, a smaller pricetag means that going the digital option is more common than if it was a 60$ game, and there's already not much of a difference at retail between SoD2 and Detroid.
5 days tracking Vs 2 days plus the ultimate edition sales. The drop next week will be heavily in favour of Detroit.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit most likely around 32 to 38k with DD which is not a bad number .
The question will be how is the second week .

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Detroit did nowhere near close to what Heavy Rain did. More inline with Beyond Two Souls. Physical only ofc.

Edit: I see games industry beat me to the punch on this comp. So here is another one. SOD2 did similar to Rare Replay. Physical only as always.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
With digital sales and Game Pass numbers, it definitely had a lot more people playing than Detroit did over the weekend. I imagine we'll get some MS PR soon about 'highest MAU for the month' or something.

What makes you conclude this exactly? I know it's not exactly scientific, but on Twitch at least, Detroit had way more views than SoD2 over both the last 3 and 7 days, despite not having a full week to base those stats off.

Over the last 3 days specifically, Detroit's average viewer rank was 3rd with an average of 55.7k viewers and a peak of 140.7k, and SoD2's average viewer rank was 53rd with an average of 2k viewers and a peak of 6.4k

https://sullygnome.com/game/Detroit_Become_Human/summary

https://sullygnome.com/game/State_of_Decay_2/summary

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit seems to be doing well despite some of the "predictions" on here in threads about the game... strange.

How many "guaranteed bomb" releases by QD in a row is that now that have actually been nothing of the kind?

However, even the physical version was pricey (ÂŁ48!) so I expect this game to have legs - I'd imagine there are many (like me) wanting to jump in but just waiting for sub-ÂŁ40.

That's what I'm doing.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wasn't aware Detroit was a sequel to HR. Also let's be sure to hold every game from now on to the standard of matching the best selling game in a developers history.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Selling 4 times less than HR on a bigger install base is mediocre and yes, it's only UK and we are in PAL charts.

Remember when God of War sold 1/4th the previous mainline entry?

Neither does anyone else.

Cause it didn't happen.

It also didn't happen here. Detroit did roughly 4 times less than Heavy Rain in physical sales, but Heavy Rain (PS3) was a disc only title, so it sold exactly 0 digital copies. Detroit will make up for some of the decline with its digital sales, but of course not nearly enough to get it close to Heavy Rain for now. Maybe it's 1/3 now instead.

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
What makes you conclude this exactly? I know it's not exactly scientific, but on Twitch at least, Detroit had way more views than SoD2 over both the last 3 and 7 days, despite not having a full week to base those stats off.

Over the last 3 days specifically, Detroit's average viewer rank was 3rd with an average of 55.7k viewers and a peak of 140.7k, and SoD2's average viewer rank was 53rd with an average of 2k viewers and a peak of 6.4k

Because it's half the price of Detroit, is a more of a digital purchase (know what I mean?), and also launched on PC. MS has already said that there were over one million players in two days worldwide. Detroit is a higher profile release and a lot more story-driven, so I guess that explains some of the increase in Twitch viewers.

Oct 25, 2017
You'd think after so many times being wrong(I'm positive in some cases it's the same people) we'd all pump the breaks on the huge words like bomb and flop.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017

Why do people always care about twitch when it's 90% about what kind of game picked from famous streamers, not how good/bad the game is.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Because it's half the price of Detroit, is a more of a digital purchase (know what I mean?), and also launched on PC. MS has already said that there were over one million players in two days worldwide. Detroit is a higher profile release and a lot more story-driven, so I guess that explains some of the increase in Twitch viewers.

I agree that SoD2 would likely be more popular than most as a digital purchase, but I also think those who buy digital over physical might also be far more likely to go Game Pass over digital, cancelling that out. But that's just my personal assumption.

We probably won't know more till NPD (since NPD includes digital), but even then we might not get numbers, and the results won't be that revealing without them as NPD tracks revenue based, and SoD is a cheaper title compared to Detroit.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
The UK is the second biggest market for the Xbox though. Software sells in mainland Europe for Xbox is poor. SoT didn't chart in France or Germany. Even with gamepass I would bet more people have played Detroit than State of Decay.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
That's a shame about Detroit. I don't think it's bad, but in line with Beyond is unfortunate. The game should be selling more like Heavy Rain. I wonder why HR was so big.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen quite some hate towards SoD2 here on Era, which is understandable, but the game is actually really funny. Clunkiness and bugs aside, had a blast playing it yestersay with friends.

The formula is good, devs just needs to make bugs and performance their #1 priority. I'd give it a chance for $30 ot at least on Game Pass.

Though I agree, MS first party needs to deliver more quality.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
That's a shame about Detroit. I don't think it's bad, but in line with Beyond is unfortunate. The game should be selling more like Heavy Rain. I wonder why HR was so big.
It was the first of it kind on console. Nowadays there's the telltale games and games like Life is strange that satiate those fans of the genre.

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
I agree that SoD2 would likely be more popular than most as a digital purchase, but I also think those who buy digital over physical might also be far more likely to go Game Pass over digital, cancelling that out. But that's just my personal assumption.

We probably won't know more till NPD (since NPD includes digital), but even then we might not get numbers, and the results won't be that revealing without them as NPD tracks revenue based, and SoD is a cheaper title compared to Detroit.
Ah, that's why I said 'had more people playing' rather than 'sold more copies'. I agree that digitally-inclined people would go Game Pass before outright buying (but I don't think it 'cancels out', I lump it all in adds up as one big success) and I think overall it means more have played State of Decay than Detroit.
The UK is the second biggest market for the Xbox though. Software sells in mainland Europe for Xbox is poor. SoT didn't chart in France or Germany. Even with gamepass I would bet more people have played Detroit than State of Decay.
Good point. I still think that State of Decay 2 will have more people playing overall worldwide but you're right, European sales of Detroit will make the race a lot closer.

panda-zebra

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Detroit doesn't look to have performed too well at retail, but as ever, increasingly meaningless given the rise of digital. It's pricey and the kind of game I feel will drop decently fairly quickly to combat resellers, it being a one-and-done to a large extent.

As pswii60 said on the first page, it's a little on the heels of GoW especially given the legs on that one, I know I'm not done with it yet and will happily leave Detroit another month or so to grab it around the ÂŁ35 mark (fairly confident of that).

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't look too hot for Detroit. GoW on the other hand with +5% increase!

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not too down in Detroit because weren't the lifetime. Projections at 4 million? Also I don't know if digital matters but the 20 percent off digital psn code probably helped a lot

Oct 27, 2017
Great to see detroit sales, it has embarrassed haters. Good numbers and ofc it will be great world wide. Even if it sells like Beyond it will be enough profitable but it will sell more surely. Hope for another collab between QD and Sony.

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Dark Souls has been available on XB1 for more than 2 years with BC.
http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/...laystation-4-sales-vastly-outperform-xbox-one
Dark Souls III has sold vastly more physical copies on PlayStation 4 in comparison to the Xbox One, UK chart tracker site GFK has confirmed. An eye-watering 71% of total physical sales for From Software's latest game in the series were recorded as being PlayStation 4 sales

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Remember when God of War sold 1/4th the previous mainline entry?

Neither does anyone else.

Cause it didn't happen.
Beyond: Two Souls was the last mainline entry from QD.

Friday UK releases tell us only part of the picture. Second week sales can be upto 60%-80% of week 1 (as with God of War), rather than a significant drop. The UK market is very different in the quieter summer months.

We'll know how successful Detroit: Become Human has been at retail after a 3-4 week spell. I don't expect it to top Heavy Rain but I do expect it to perform significantly better than Beyond: Two Souls.

Ah, that's why I said 'had more people playing' rather than 'sold more copies'. I agree that digitally-inclined people would go Game Pass before outright buying (but I don't think it 'cancels out', I lump it all in adds up as one big success) and I think overall it means more have played State of Decay than Detroit.

Good point. I still think that State of Decay 2 will have more people playing overall worldwide but you're right, European sales of Detroit will make the race a lot closer.
Not aimed at anyone specifically. This post highlights how scewed Era is to English speaking markets and the undue importance we put on the UK.

France & Germany are now as large as the UK videogame market. Xbox has little presence in either. Dozens of other European markets like Spain, Italy, Holland etc. generate significant sales when combined. And that's before going further afield. It just highlights how, even with GamePass, a title like Detroit: Become Human is likely performaning better (at retail & digital) in 100+ markets than SoD2.

Last edited:

Deleted member 43446

Banned
May 15, 2018
I'm not too down in Detroit because weren't the lifetime. Projections at 4 million? Also I don't know if digital matters but the 20 percent off digital psn code probably helped a lot
Wasn't the 20% off just for us here in NA? Anyway that's how I bought mine. I just hope the game has some good legs, cause I want to see more games like this from QD and Sony.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
The idea that dark souls sold more on PS4 because of backwards compatibility is not supported by the facts— look at ds3. That's why he posted it.