• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why still compare the performance to Heavy Rain? It isn't a sequel, Heavy Rain was also a +5 million seller, I doubt they were expecting that much from Detroit.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
How did the multiplatform Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy sell at release.

And how many took it back when they got near the end.

That's the only important Quantic Dream comparison.

Oct 25, 2017
You hate Cage, we get it, but you're fighting a losing battle here.

Detroit will sell well, will be profitable, and QD will release it's next game on the PS5 in 3-4 years.

You can't read, we get it, but you're fighting a losing battle here.

I was responding to a post that did a comparison with God of War. The comparison doesn't work. God of War opened to higher sales than previous entries. Detroit did not.

Last edited:

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
That's a very average start for Detroit. I think it will do fairly well over the coming weeks though since it launched on a Friday, the word of mouth around it has been good and it launched so soon after God of War.

Tbh I don't know how Heavy Rain did so well for its launch.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

I was responding to a post that do a comparison with God of War. The comparison doesn't work. God of War opened to higher sales than previous entries. Detroit did not.

Still i don't think anyone should have expect it to open at HR number .
Also the comparison make no sense due to fact that each QD game is new IP .
It open up higher than Beyond the question is how much with DD and next week will give us a idea about it's legs .

Oct 25, 2017
Still i don't think anyone should have expect it to open at HR number .
Also the comparison make no sense due to fact that each QD game is new IP .
It open up higher than Beyond the question is how much with DD and next week will give us a idea about it's legs .

I didn't invoke the God of War comparison.

Personally I think the Detroit sales are middling. Not bad or good. It's certainly opening on the lower side of Sony first-party offerings, even below something like the Last Guardian which is a fairly small title.

And unlike most Sony titles this generation, it hasn't benefited from a boost in sales compared to the studios past work.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I didn't invoke the God of War comparison.

Personally I think the Detroit sales are middling. Not bad or good. It's certainly opening on the lower side of Sony first-party offerings, even below something like the Last Guardian which is a fairly small title.

And unlike most Sony titles this generation, it hasn't benefited from a boost in sales compared to the studios past work.
In UK .hold your horse for WW numbers. And beside last game of QD was beyond and this is selling Abit better than beyond .so if anything they improved ;)

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017

I was responding to a post that did a comparison with God of War. The comparison doesn't work. God of War opened to higher sales than previous entries. Detroit did not.

And? That doesn't mean it's a flop, it won't sell well , or won't make a profit.

You've been posting non-stop all over era trying to discredit Detroit, Cage and QD. You must really hate the man but you're clearly not being objective with the game, and it's tiresome...

PS: You're quip was really, really bad

Oct 25, 2017
And? That doesn't mean it's a flop, it won't sell well , or won't make a profit.

You've been posting non-stop all over era trying to discredit Detroit, Cage and QD. You must really hate the man but you're clearly not being objective with the game, and it's tiresome...

PS: You're quip was really, really bad

And I didn't say any of that regarding flop. My "quip" was also just a straight copy of yours. With how much you're defending David Cage, I thought you'd appreciate a little copy paste.

Sorry that I don't like Cages games or the management of QD which has been accused of terrible things. Didn't realize that was a pre-requiste to posting in PAL Charts threads.

Wait, it's not.

Last edited:

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
And I didn't say any of that regarding flop. My "quip" was also just a straight copy of yours. With how much your defending David Cage, I thought you'd appreciate a little copy paste.

Sorry that I don't like Cages games or the management of QD which has been accused of terrible things. Didn't realize that was a pre-requiste to posting in PAL Charts threads.

Wait, it's not.

Mine was not a quip, mate, mine was just a statement. What made yours a quip was your attempt to use your words againts me, in a very uninspired manner.

It's not a pre-requesite, just makes your posts not that valuable when your commenting on Detroit, if they're fueled by this Cage hate

Oct 25, 2017
Mine was not a quip, mate, mine was just a statement. What made yours a quip was your attempt to use your words againts me, in a very uninspired manner.

It's not a pre-requesite, just makes your posts not that valuable when your commenting on Detroit, if they're fueled by this Cage hate

Okaaaaaay...

Whatever you say. Maybe try rereading the post I was responding to and what I actually said rather than whatever your imagination put in there.

I have a dream that one day you'll judge me by the contents of my posts in this thread...

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017

Just looked into this and it's actually bollocks. Heavy Rain launched Feb 26th 2010 in the UK - a Friday.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Just looked into this and it's actually bollocks. Heavy Rain launched Feb 26th 2010 in the UK - a Friday.

Yeah, plus it barely makes too much of a difference usually. Most of the sales come on day 1, so if we're making a direct comparison to Heavy Rain as that Tweet was, then it probably won't sell as much as Heavy Rain week 1 in 3 weeks time even unless there's some early price drops.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
It overperformed considering gamepass exists,
giphy.gif

How so? Because it had 1 million players at launch?

Yeah, plus it barely makes too much of a difference usually. Most of the sales come on day 1, so if we're making a direct comparison to Heavy Rain as that Tweet was, then it probably won't sell as much as Heavy Rain week 1 in 3 weeks time even unless there's some early price drops.
Tracking days most definitely make a difference, just look at God of War.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Okaaaaaay...

Whatever you say. Maybe try rereading the post I was responding to and what I actually said rather than whatever your imagination put in there.

I have a dream that one day you'll judge me by the contents of my posts in this thread...

That may be a quantic dream :P

But I'll try my best ;)

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Wow good for state of decay 2. It almost beat Detroit which had what 100X the hype over the last few years? And that's on Xbox much smaller than PS4 install base in the UK, AND on top of that gamepass and a heavy digital focus siphoning off a LOT of SOD's sales. With digital/game pass in account it surely handily beat Detroit.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
VALUE chart (INDIVIDUAL FORMATS)

1 DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
2 STATE OF DECAY 2 XB ONE MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
3 GOD OF WAR PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
4 DARK SOULS REMASTERED PS4 BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT
5 FIFA 18 PS4 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
6 FAR CRY 5 PS4 UBISOFT UBISOFT
7 MARIO KART 8 DELUXE NS NINTENDO NINTENDO
8 FAR CRY 5 XB ONE UBISOFT UBISOFT
9 DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE NS NINTENDO NINTENDO
10 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY NS NINTENDO NINTENDO
11 DESTINY 2 PS4 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
12 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD NS NINTENDO NINTENDO
13 HYRULE WARRIORS: DEFINITIVE EDITION NS NINTENDO NINTENDO
14 FIFA 18 XB ONE EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
15 DARK SOULS REMASTERED XB ONE BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT
16 SPLATOON 2 NS NINTENDO NINTENDO
17 NINTENDO LABO TOY-CON 01: VARIETY KIT NS NINTENDO NINTENDO
18 SPACE HULK DEATHWING PS4 FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE
19 GRAN TURISMO: SPORT PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
20 OVERWATCH: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110033

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
An ok start to Beyond. Hope the game does well overall because so far the game has been rather fun.

God of War with a nice little bump there too.

edit: meant Detroit not beyond

Last edited:

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow good for state of decay 2. It almost beat Detroit which had what 100X the hype over the last few years? And that's on Xbox much smaller than PS4 install base in the UK, AND on top of that gamepass and a heavy digital focus siphoning off a LOT of SOD's sales. With digital/game pass in account it surely handily beat Detroit.

It's also half the price

Emilijo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Six weeks in a row PlayStation exclusive on top.

State of Decay 2 - released on Tuesday, 22.99 pounds
Detroit - released on Friday, 47.99 pounds

Still Detroit sold better.

Detroit will have much better second week, also.