• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This seems like the thread for it:

Translation said:
INFO: A bigger shipment has never been seen on Switch!

There will be 300k units of Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and 300k units of Pokémon Let's Go Eevee on day one in France!
Additionally, there will be 35k units of the Pokéball Plus available

To compare, here's a snip from Perfectly-Nintendo about Sun and Moon:
Perfectly-Nintendo said:
Philippe Lavoué (from Nintendo France) frequently shares some sales data for Nintendo consoles and games in France, and he did so again last week. Naturally, he shared some sales data for Pokémon Sun and Moon, which is off to a fantastic start in the country.

During the first week, Pokémon Sun and Moon sold over 425 000 units in France: that's by far the best launch ever for a Nintendo game. As comparison, here's how the game sold in two other European countries:

• United Kingdom: 368 000 units
  • Germany: 347 000 units
And as of writing, the game has most definitely reached 500 000 units sold already. Nintendo expects sales to top 700 000 units by the end of the year, and 1 million units sometime in 2017.

To give you a clear picture of how strong Pokémon Sun and Moon sales have been, here's how the previous two Pokémon titles sold at launch:

• Pokémon X and Y: 125 000 units
  • Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire: 180 000 units
Source: http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/nintendo-sales-data-france-pokemon-sun-moon-3ds-nes-mini/

These shipment numbers are absolutely massive, in short. They seem to expect huge sales even by Pokémon standards.

Last edited:

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I have been eagerly waiting for this week since the end of March when the likes of A Way Out, Kirby Star Allies, Ni no Kuni II and Sea of Thieves all came out within a space of one week, and it has been a bit of a wet fart in all honesty...

Detroit: Become Human physical sales are middling, State of Decay 2 was so-so (we don't know how it performed on GamePass either) and Dark Souls Remastered did a lot less than I expected however, that near 80/20 split tells the same old story with regards to games from the Far East and how differently they perform on two separate consoles.

Yeah, not quite the 'big week' I was hoping for.

On the other hand, God of War and that +5% in its sixth week is great to see!

Emilijo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
fwk80i.png

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
I can already see the Top5 in France on pokemon release week.

1. Let's go pikachu
2. Let's go Eevee
3. Smash
4. Mario Kart
5. Another Switch game.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think they are overestimating Let's go potential, Switch still is too expensive for the crowd that buys Pokemon

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
elumVdB.png

Spain:
Week 21, 2018 - All Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 Detroit: Become Human - 9,000 / NEW
02 (NE) PS4 Dark Souls Remastered - 7,000 / NEW

03 (01) PS4 FIFA 18 - 5,600 / 675,000
04 (NE) PS4 Tennis World Tour - 3,500 / NEW
05 (02) PS4 God of War - 3,400 / 120,000

Last edited:

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
600K first for Let's go in France alone seem huge. That's gonna be shipped tho (and they may actually pass it), i remember that Pokémon Sun/Moon did 10 million shipped before launch, and i believe France most likely was bigger than 600K, considering 6% of worldwide shipments seem a bit low for France, which is thge third biggest Nintendo market.

I believe that Let's go will outsell Sun/Moon in the long run but at least at launch i don't see Let's go being that huge. Sun/Moon launch was kinda insane and only the next mainline Pokémon can beat it.

Seriously?

When is MS going to take more more then two regions seriously?

Hello Captain Falcon, how are you? You always make Smash Bros hype as fuck :P

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Spain is fucking awful for XBOX, like for real i think XB1 may still be under Wii U in lifetime sales there, and if XB1 surpassed it then they are very close.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
elumVdB.png

Spain:
Week 21, 2018 - All Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 Detroit: Become Human - 9,000 / NEW
02 (NE) PS4 Dark Souls Remastered - 7,000 / NEW

03 (01) PS4 FIFA 18 - 5,600 / 675,000
04 (NE) PS4 Tennis World Tour - 3,500 / NEW
05 (02) PS4 God of War - 3,400 / 120,000
Detroit not doing so great in Spain. So where is Detroit doing so well that it's QD's biggest game ever? So far the numbers we have are underwhelming.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit not doing so great in Spain. So where is Detroit doing so well that it's QD's biggest game ever? So far the numbers we have are underwhelming.

I wonder how much the previous games did during launch WW. And what that would put Detroit at. Considering Cage said it was "by far" the biggest one.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
The price of the Switch is well known
The "crowd that buys Pokemon" ...you think that the series only caters to children ? And that these children and/or their families could somewhat afford a 3DS but cant afford a Switch ?

You are underestimating the universal appeal of the series as well as the value proposition of the Switch. Being able to coop the game on one system with one copy of the game is big - parents are more likely to spend money on a console like the Switch that multiple users can enjoy compared to the 3DS.

Price is always an important factor, but its not the only relevant one. Plenty of children and kids already recieved their Switches last Christmas...this year even more of them will join and convince their parents that the system is worth the price.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
But Cage said that after what, a few days of Detroit being on the market? How much did Heavy Rain sell in its first few days?
How would I know that information? We know is Detroit was selling faster than any other Quantic Dream game at the time when the statement was made. You seem to be looking for evidence to back your predetermined conclusion. Wait till they put out a press release or the NPD results come. However like I said above Heavy Rain sold 1 million in 1.5 months and early this year the confirm it sold 5.3 million.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Beyond: Two Souls didn't even register on the Spain charts during release month. It was a busy month, but still. Heavy Rain came in at #6 for February behind Wii Sports Resort and FIFA 2010. Safe to say these Detroit numbers are likely decent for Spain, maybe even the best for a QD title

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Beyond: Two Souls didn't even register on the Spain charts during release month. It was a busy month, but still. Heavy Rain came in at #6 for February behind Wii Sports Resort and FIFA 2010. Safe to say these Detroit numbers are likely decent for Spain, maybe even the best for a QD title

I doubt those numbers are the best, Heavy Rain had bigger marketing, collector edition, two big Spanish actors for the dub, bundle with ps3.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It took Beyond 12 weeks to sell 1 million copies. The LTDs we have for the game from the US (202k in 12 weeks), UK (~35k in 2 weeks), Japan (33k in 12 weeks), France (70k in 12 weeks) for that periord make it quite obvious that Quantic Dream games perform VERY well in untracked markets or have a huge digital attach ratio (even though it wasn't high at all on PS3). Like around 600k sales happened outside those key markets

Last edited:

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How would I know that information? We know is Detroit was selling faster than any other Quantic Dream game at the time when the statement was made. You seem to be looking for evidence to back your predetermined conclusion. Wait till they put out a press release or the NPD results come. However like I said above Heavy Rain sold 1 million in 1.5 months and early this year the confirm it sold 5.3 million.
No need to get defensive. But we can't compare a month of sales to a week.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
I think this is quite incredible. State of Decay 2 was developed by a small (~60) team, got scathing reviews, is the jankiest game I've ever played in my life, and it's on Game Pass.
not "was", still is, because it's GaaS game – servers (which cost a lot), post-launch support, etc. For any MP-focused GaaS game release date is just a beginning. See Fortnite for example → https://www.resetera.com/threads/ep...ite-shipped-with-25-talks-future-games.34902/

Epic has 350+ developers on Fortnite, shipped with 25