• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
David "Cage" probably bought a few copies himself and stuffed them in his basement to avoid the shame! You may remember Sony did this with Gran Turismo 5.

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Detroit holding quite well even after all the negative press it recieved.

[Week 16, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 96,000 / NEW
[Week 17, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 62,000 / 158,000 (-35%)
[Week 18, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 27,000 / 185,000 (-56%)
[Week 19, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 19,000 / 204,000 (-30%)
[Week 20, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 12,350 / 216,350 (-35%)
[Week 21, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 12,968 / 229,318 (+5%)
[Week 22, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 10,504 / 239,822 (-19%)
https://www.resetera.com/posts/8691014/

GOW legs are truly remarkable. With summer being here and it being in Top 5 for the last 7 weeks, I think it can stay in the charts until September. Which will be pretty impressive.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think WoM is solid for Detroit. My older brother was telling me about how some of his friends wanted to buy the game and stream it.

David "Cage" probably bought a few copies himself and stuffed them in his basement to avoid the shame! You may remember Sony did this with Gran Turismo 5.
lol

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Detroit negative press? Where? I haven't been following the game because I don't plan on getting it until it's discounted and me and my wife have time to binge play it in a single weekend but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary?

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Detroit negative press? Where? I haven't been following the game because I don't plan on getting it until it's discounted and me and my wife have time to binge play it in a single weekend but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary?
Mostly postive press actually

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017

We live in the post-truth era...

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
[Week 21, 2018] DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 21,500 / 21,500 (NE)
[Week 22, 2018] DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 11,610 / 33,110 (-46%)

First Week Number of Detroit based on this post.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
There hasn't really been any besides some mixed reviews. Player impressions are absolutely glowing. Fantastic game and should be a great experience with your wife

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Labo dropped (slightly) again despite all the TV advertising and half-term. It's dead.
There's this narrative that it will 'get back' this holiday which I don't really believe will happen. I think that most of Nintendo marketing push this holiday will be for Pokemon and Smash. They can always repackage it as a edutainment and sell it to schools though.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
[Week 16, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 96,000 / NEW
[Week 17, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 62,000 / 158,000 (-35%)
[Week 18, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 27,000 / 185,000 (-56%)
[Week 19, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 19,000 / 204,000 (-30%)
[Week 20, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 12,350 / 216,350 (-35%)
[Week 21, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 12,968 / 229,318 (+5%)
[Week 22, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 10,504 / 239,822 (-19%)
https://www.resetera.com/posts/8691014/

Monster hit

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mostly postive press actually

Reviews are solid, there's no negative press recently at all.

We live in the post-truth era...

The game is perfectly fine, very enjoyable even! It's David Cage - a real human being - who receives the negativity, for reasons two very different parties want you to believe.

If you enjoyed Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, you'll be right at home with Detroit.

Ah I see it was just one of the usual hot takes that we see in PAL sales threads on a weekly basis...

There hasn't really been any besides some mixed reviews. Player impressions are absolutely glowing. Fantastic game and should be a great experience with your wife

Yeh we are looking forward to it, we just need to find the time (or a weekend where we are both severely hungover which is how we played Until Dawn lol)!

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

It's noble man lol

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

QD sued French journalists who reported on toxicity and issues in the studio: https://kotaku.com/detroit-developer-quantic-dream-sues-french-media-over-1825453518

That was in February. I haven't heard any negative press on the studio or the game recently. It got a 79 metacritic and seems to continue to have a healthy audience on streaming platforms.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Im guessing word of mouth helping Detroit alot witch makes me happy cuz the game is great.
Not surprised to see Fifa18 going up, its in promotion plus the World Cup hype.
Surprised to see God of War still selling so well becase no one buys single player games anymore cuz we can watch streamers play them instead. At least thats what MS and EA told me.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
There's this narrative that it will 'get back' this holiday which I don't really believe will happen. I think that most of Nintendo marketing push this holiday will be for Pokemon and Smash. They can always repackage it as a edutainment and sell it to schools though.

It will be back under holidays if Nintendo will advertise it. Nintendo can advertise plenty of products at the same time, especially under holidays (now that it doesn't have two platforms at the same time).

Labo -> kids and families
Pokémon -> everyone
Smash -> core audience

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Happy for Detroit. The game really deserves it.
You must. It's the perfect couple game.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Let's go Detroit & GOW! Them legs on these fantastic single player campaign games are giving me such life.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will be back under holidays if Nintendo will advertise it. Nintendo can advertise plenty of products at the same time, especially under holidays (now that it doesn't have two platforms at the same time).

Labo -> kids and families
Pokémon -> everyone
Smash -> core audience
There's only so much money, time, and effort they can spend on marketing. I think it's dead to be honest but hey this is only UK, we'll know more once they reveal the sales number.

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
7SOi6LN.png

Italy:
Week 21, 2018 - All Formats Digital + Physical

Code:
CP W21 2018                  Title Name                                                  Platforms                                                Publisher
     1                 DARK SOULS: REMASTERED                                          PS4, XBOX ONE                                      BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT
     2                        FIFA 18                                     PC, PS3, PS4, SWITCH, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE                             ELECTRONIC ARTS
     3                 DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN                                                PS4                                         SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT
     4                   TENNIS WORLD TOUR                                             PS4, XBOX ONE                                          BIGBEN INTERACTIVE
     5                       OVERWATCH                                               PC, PS4, XBOX ONE                                       ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
     6                       GOD OF WAR                                                     PS4                                         SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT
     7                   GRAND THEFT AUTO V                                   PC, PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE                                  ROCKSTAR GAMES
     8                       FAR CRY 5                                                 PS4, XBOX ONE                                               UBISOFT
     9                     ROCKET LEAGUE                                           PS4, SWITCH, XBOX ONE                                   WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
     10                 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY                                                SWITCH                                                  NINTENDO
     11            CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE                                    PC, PS4, XBOX ONE                                       ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
     12         DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE                                   SWITCH, WII U                                               NINTENDO
     13                   STATE OF DECAY 2                                                XBOX ONE                                                MICROSOFT
     14            TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX SIEGE                                    PC, PS4, XBOX ONE                                             UBISOFT
     15                 MARIO KART 8 DELUXE                                                SWITCH                                                  NINTENDO
     16           MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION 4 EDITION                                          PS4                                         SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT
     17           CRASH BANDICOOT N. SANE TRILOGY                                           PS4                                              ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
     18                      SPLATOON 2                                                    SWITCH                                                  NINTENDO
     19                 LEGO JURASSIC WORLD                        3DS, PC, PS VITA, PS3, PS4, WII U, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE                   WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
     20                  CALL OF DUTY: WWII                                          PC, PS4, XBOX ONE                                       ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
     21       THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD                                  SWITCH, WII U                                               NINTENDO
     22                      DESTINY 2                                               PC, PS4, XBOX ONE                                       ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
     23                     INJUSTICE 2                                                PS4, XBOX ONE                                       WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
     24              PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018                                PC, PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE                                      KONAMI
     25             MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF WAR                                      PC, PS4, XBOX ONE                                     WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
     26                       NBA 2K18                                      PS3, PS4, SWITCH, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE                                  2K SPORTS
     27               ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS                                         PS4, XBOX ONE                                               UBISOFT
     28                      FAR CRY 4                                        PC, PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE                                     UBISOFT
     29               DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2                                      PS4, SWITCH, XBOX ONE                                  BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT
     30                     LEGO WORLDS                                          PC, PS4, SWITCH, XBOX ONE                                 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
     31              LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2                                    PS4, SWITCH, XBOX ONE                                   WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
     32                  KIRBY STAR ALLIES                                                 SWITCH                                                  NINTENDO
     33         HYRULE WARRIORS: DEFINITIVE EDITION                                        SWITCH                                                  NINTENDO
     34                   JUST DANCE 2018                               PS3, PS4, SWITCH, WII U, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE                                UBISOFT
     35        NINTENDO LABO: TOY-CON 01 VARIETY KIT                                       SWITCH                                                  NINTENDO
     36                LEGO MARVEL'S AVENGERS                      3DS, PC, PS VITA, PS3, PS4, WII U, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE                   WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
     37                 LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER                                       PS4, SWITCH, XBOX ONE                                   WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
     38                         ARMS                                                       SWITCH                                                  NINTENDO
     39                       WWE 2K18                                             PS4, SWITCH, XBOX ONE                                          2K SPORTS
     40                 POKKEN TOURNAMENT DX                                               SWITCH                                                  NINTENDO
     41       MXGP 2: THE OFFICIAL MOTOCROSS VIDEOGAME                               PC, PS4, XBOX ONE                                            MILESTONE
     42               NEED FOR SPEED: PAYBACK                                        PC, PS4, XBOX ONE                                         ELECTRONIC ARTS
     43             CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III                               PC, PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE                               ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
     44             LEGO BATMAN 3: BEYOND GOTHAM                   3DS, PC, PS VITA, PS3, PS4, WII U, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE                   WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
     45                      MOTOGP 17                                               PC, PS4, XBOX ONE                                            MILESTONE
     46                      THE SIMS 4                                              PC, PS4, XBOX ONE                                         ELECTRONIC ARTS
     47                      1-2-SWITCH                                                    SWITCH                                                  NINTENDO
     48         LITTLE NIGHTMARES: COMPLETE EDITION                                        SWITCH                                         BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT
     49         NINTENDO LABO: TOY-CON 02 ROBOT KIT                                        SWITCH                                                  NINTENDO
     50         TOM CLANCY'S GHOST RECON: WILDLANDS                                    PS4, XBOX ONE                                               UBISOFT

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
There's only so much money, time, and effort they can spend on marketing. I think it's dead to be honest but hey this is only UK, we'll know more once they reveal the sales number.

Nintendo keeps advertising their old games all the time. Games like NSMB2 and AC received a constant push from Nintendo for years---especially because software is advertised alongside the console itself.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Well done God of War, Detroit and Dark Souls.

All hail Single player games.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Those are some good DK legs in France.
The MegaDrive compilation opening high in UK doesn't surprise me but with the terrible WoM it should not have any kind of legs you'd expect from that kind of title.
I actually don't think the bad WOM will be an issue for MD Classics. It's over 50 games at a budget price and most people likely won't notice the wider issues with audio emulation or input lag. Most of the early reviewers/influencers didn't. The garbage online is hard to miss but that's also not the big selling point here.