• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Wow this is really sad for inrush, I played the beta and knew it wasn't for me, but it got some pretty decent reviews imo and bloodworth was a huge proponent for it :(
Vampyr did good imo I thought it smelled like a huge flop being a full proceed single player game from a non world renown developer

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Codemasters can't catch a break this gen, Onrush did it terrible. It couldn't even match MotorStorm: Apocalypse, which didn't exactly set the charts on fire.
There can't be much sympathy for Codemasters. They seem to think they can put out AA titles for AAA money with little promotion. Dirt 4 last year was unnecessary. It was Dirt Rally with a few tweaks for a more casual audience. Onrush too seemed rushed out the door to keep the cash flow going.

I really think they need to double down on a new engine using Evo's tech and give us a Dirt Rally and Grid that are graphical powerhouses. Unlike most games I'd like them to announce these titles early and get the community engaged.

They have everything needed to get back on top next gen. But the mistakes need to stop. Let's not forget they kicked off this gen by releasing a Grid title exclusively on PS3/360 6-12 months into the PS4/XB1 era.

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
There can't be much sympathy for Codemasters. They seem to think they can put out AA titles for AAA money with little promotion. Dirt 4 last year was unnecessary. It was Dirt Rally with a few tweaks for a more casual audience. Onrush too seemed rushed out the door to keep the cash flow going.

I really think they need to double down on a new engine using Evo's tech and give us a Dirt Rally and Grid that are graphical powerhouses. Unlike most games I'd like them to announce these titles early and get the community engaged.

They have everything needed to get back on top next gen. But the mistakes need to stop. Let's not forget they kicked off this gen by releasing a Grid title exclusively on PS3/360 6-12 months into the PS4/XB1 era.
The new iteration of EGO used by OnRush should be more than enough for a new GRID game or DiRT Rally 2. I agree that DiRT 4 felt totally unnecessary, especially when you know there's not going to be post-launch support for that series.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Kratos still beasting. Well deserved too, i'm only a few hours in but my mind keeps getting blown and the combat is so damn good.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
I noticed God of War was on sale for £35 in both my local Asda and Sainsbury's, I was incredibly surprised given how it has barely budged from the top of the chart since release. If it's starting to get some discounts here and there then it's probably going to hang around for even longer.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I noticed God of War was on sale for £35 in both my local Asda and Sainsbury's, I was incredibly surprised given how it has barely budged from the top of the chart since release. If it's starting to get some discounts here and there then it's probably going to hang around for even longer.
It's because of Sony's Days of Play sale. It's only on until next week and the price will go back up. Same as Horizon last year which also performed very well.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I'm sad that Onrush flopped it was expected. The concept for the game didn't click with many people and the full price was just another obstacle.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Onrush? Bombrush :/

Unfortunate for Onrush but I do think the positive WOM will help a lot.

Not going to happen. It's going to be in the bargain bins fast as titles that perform out the gate like this usually do. It'll be £17.99 within 2 months IMO, and that's when I might consider it, before the releases ramp up into the silly season.

I think we need to wait a bit to see if it has any legs at all in the UK

You mean like we do with every single game that releases? Yeah, that's a plan!

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Detroit is still absurdly expensive in the UK, so the fact that it's held on in the top 5 in its third week is pretty impressive. I suspect it'll linger in the top 10 for a good while as the discounts start slipping out.

mejin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Connor doing good work.

Man...another bomb from "Evolution", I'm really sad for them.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
The same French chart with three PS4 games in the Top 5?

I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

I'm saying that France is one of the countries where Switch has the best marketshare in the world.
Also french people likes plateforms games.
So having DK this high is nowhere a surprise.

God Of War had a great opening, but legs are lesser than in other coutries. No surprise here neither.
In France, games with legs are traditionnaly Nintendo games, and multiplayer games. (COD, FIFA, GTA Online, Battlefield...)

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
C
Onrush? Bombrush :/

Not going to happen. It's going to be in the bargain bins fast as titles that perform out the gate like this usually do. It'll be £17.99 within 2 months IMO, and that's when I might consider it, before the releases ramp up into the silly season.

You mean like we do with every single game that releases? Yeah, that's a plan!
Calm down. Just mean we can't talk about legs after a week or two.

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb
I'm saying that France is one of the countries where Switch has the best marketshare in the world.
Also french people likes plateforms games.
So having DK this high is nowhere a surprise.

God Of War had a great opening, but legs are lesser than in other coutries. No surprise here neither.
In France, games with legs are traditionnaly Nintendo games, and multiplayer games. (COD, FIFA, GTA Online, Battlefield...)
I get it now. So I guess people were expecting that to happen.

Oct 31, 2017
I love reading sales charts from other countries, comparing what's hot there same as here (God of War) and what has longer legs there than over here (Gran Turismo).

Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame to see Onrush do poorly but I can't say I'm surprised. The concept was a little out there for a racing game and the beta turned me off it. Plus Codemasters is a shadow of its former self and I doubt they put much into marketing.

Hope Rushy and the team are okay.

freeradical

Oct 27, 2017
OnRush would be a great addition to Gamepass. Surely going this way will at least generate some income for the studio.
I genuinely am disappointed for them. They did some great work on this title.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
That's the whole problem.

Mario Kart, GT, Forza or fuck off.

Unfortunately that's the way everything is going. Slowly all coalescing into one or two titans of each genre crushing the rest.

Football = FIFA
FPS = COD or Battlefield
Open world = GTA, Red Dead or (historic) Ass Creed
Single player story: Naughty Dog, QD games, Sony SM

PS: Is OnRush from the old Evolution studio? I am sad for those guys. I loved their PS2 WRC games although I hated Motorstorm despite being mega into racing games. Hope they can get back on their feet. Maybe get them on a new GRID?

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Great to see GoW back at the top despite newer releases than it and FIFA creeping back up. Of course Sony played a blinder with a little price drop to renew interest for DoP. And great for Detroit's continued and deserved success

The market has spoken and rejected Onrush. Whether it was its gameplay, pricing, marketing or a bit of everything. And Sushi Striker bombs thanks to its horrible pricing.
DoP stands for?

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all seen this: https://www.mcvuk.com/business/pan-...e-see-whats-selling-big-on-psn-xbox-and-steam
After years of waiting we're finally receiving weekly sales data from across Europe - including pan-European digital sales rankings! The new Games Sales Data (GSD) come to us thanks to the efforts of the Interactive Software Federation Of Europe (ISFE) as we detailed in last month's interview with its managing director Simon Little.

To recap briefly. The new data will cover both digital (referred to as network) and retail sales. However at present it's only the network data which is (largely) complete. That data is comprised of full-game sales figures taken from PSN, Xbox and Steam platforms (though not the Switch eShop sadly) for most of the major publishers.
Namely: Activision Blizzard, Bandai Namco, Capcom, Codemasters, EA, Focus Home Interactive, Koch Media, Microsoft, Milestone, Paradox, Sega, Sony, Square Enix, Take 2, Ubisoft and Warner Bros.

Network data is coming in from 42 countries across the whole EMEA region, that includes all the big hitters in Europe such as UK, France and Germany, plus a couple of extras that made up part of the now outdated PAL territories, such as Australia and New Zealand and even India. The data is compiled by B2Boost.
Retail data is still comparatively sparse, with only 12 countries reporting data at present, including France, Italy, Holland and Spain, but not Germany or the UK, which will start providing data by the beginning of next year.

For this reason we're not going to be looking at the combined network and retail data at present, but rather concentrate on the very exciting proposition of Europe-wide network sales, for which you can see an aggregated Top 50 below for the three services. These are ranked based on the number of units sold, we don't have value data at present.

charts-gsd.png

Egrimal

Oct 27, 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland
Not too surprised to see a jump again for God of War. It's had some retail price reductions and Father's Day is on Sunday. My kids picked it up for me for £35 at Tesco yesterday.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Shows how meaningless unit based digital charts are because of some games having huge discounts (I mean Just cause 3 is third on that list...). Value based chart will be much better metric of the performance.

Rellik

Oct 28, 2017
Shows how meaningless unit based digital charts are because of some games having huge discounts (I mean Just cause 3 is third on that list...). Value based chart will be much better metric of the performance.

Yep, one of the things Matt from NPD said here long time ago. If you do a Units Chart and have a game firesale on Steam… boom, tyou make the charts easily but how much revenue? Anyway, interesting nonetheless (even if there won't be Nintendo titles often).