• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SnowFlakeCake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
[Week 24, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 15,900 / 255,700 (+35%)

So good, during release week I was thinking it might not do so well but the legs have been great. Word of mouth is obviously good, also think the game will get a boost more than anything once the likes of Spider-Man release. Including digital, it could and should manage 500k by years end. 5 million sales in a month, this is gonna do 10 million lifetime, crazy the success Sony have had this generation.

I can see Detroit selling 2 million by the end of the year.

It should do that easily, it's another game which has good word of mouth. The first game my girlfriend has played on the PS4 and anything outside of mobile really, she ended up finishing the game before me! My GOTY so far, don't see that changing. :)

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Nice to see God of War an Detroit selling well. They are amazing games, well deserved.

I think this Christmas seasons we'll see GoW, Detroit and Spiderman PS4 bundles, so they'll have a nice bump there too.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
So good, during release week I was thinking it might not do so well but the legs have been great. Word of mouth is obviously good, also think the game will get a boost more than anything once the likes of Spider-Man release. Including digital, it could and should manage 500k by years end. 5 million sales in a month, this is gonna do 10 million lifetime, crazy the success Sony have had this generation.

It should do that easily, it's another game which has good word of mouth. The first game my girlfriend has played on the PS4 and anything outside of mobile really, she ended up finishing the game before me! My GOTY so far, don't see that changing. :)

I think it will do more than 10 millions lifetime... It will do more than Horizon lifetie and horizon lifetime will probably be 10+ millions or not far.

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
What a completely nothing week lol. Not really much I find worthy of comment at all there... yet another comment for God of War being no1 I guess?

And I guess the next big 'new' release that'll be no1 will be Crash Bandicoot releasing on Xbox and Switch. And Mario Tennis. That'll be slightly more interesting.

What is so "nothing week" about this week compared to other weeks? There are no new releases so what would you expect for this week to be surprising really? Also, I'd say GoW being bumped to No1 again isn't "nothing"but I digress.

deadmonkeyuk

Oct 27, 2017
Highlands, Scotland
Nice to see God of War an Detroit selling well. They are amazing games, well deserved.

I think this Christmas seasons we'll see GoW, Detroit and Spiderman PS4 bundles, so they'll have a nice bump there too.

I think we will see limited/special edition PS4s at the launch of Spiderman, will probably get announced next month.

Not sure about Detroit, but GoW and Spiderman seems obvious for Black Friday and Christmas.

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OffRush.
Beta might have been a bad idea but it's honest, I can appreciate that. Reviews were pretty solid too, maybe it will gain some traction when it's cheap at least.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): System Wars + History of similar infractions.
What is so "nothing week" about this week compared to other weeks? There are no new releases so what would you expect for this week to be surprising really? Also, I'd say GoW being bumped to No1 again isn't "nothing"but I digress.
It's so nothing for him, because those Sony games are on top ^^

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Because it's kinda boring..? I dunno why you're questioning my opinion like this. I just find this week boring and uneventful...

Edit: oh never mind just read Bender's comment. Bloody hell.

Cubo

May 14, 2018
Value chart → https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110033

TOP 10
  1. GOD OF WAR
  2. DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN
  3. MARIO KART 8 DELUXE
  4. SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY
  5. THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD
  6. FIFA 18 (XBOX ONE)
  7. VAMPYR (PS4)
  8. FIFA 18 (PS4)
  9. SEA OF THIEVES
  10. FAR CRY 5 (PS4)

Switch big 3 got quite a bump. Looks like it will have a pretty good summer hardware wise, with Fortnite and Mario Tennis Aces joining the party, I see it having the majority of the top 10 during some weeks. Also, Labo Variety is still hanging around the 20's, and possibly outlegging Donkey Kong. Not bad for such a bomb.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Hey soooooo Kratos has legs rite

~somewhere, a game reviewer screams as David Cage submits a new design document to Sony and is approved~

I think it's sad about Onrush but I don't think Sony let them go as "punishment" for Driveclub's bad launch. The racing market is just consolidating and shrinking. It really sucks. Arcade racers are what I grew up on. N64 arcade racers...Beetle Adventure Racing, SF Rush, Cruisin', etc. :(

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I just don't believe Codemasters didn't see this coming for Onrush, if "armchair analysts" could see this coming for months then why couldn't Codemasters?

If Evo weren't already part of Codemasters I'd swear this was another Titanfall 2 situation, even if you want to argue that that is cynical mindset and that they obviously didn't send it out deliberately to fail, I don't think you can dispute that they haven't done everything in their power to help it succeed. Nowhere near.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Detroit holding better than I was expecting.

God of War's only competition in the AAA space before Spider-man really is from The Crew 2 which is out a the end of this month and possibly Mario Tennis Aces.

deadmonkeyuk

Oct 27, 2017
Highlands, Scotland
Detroit holding better than I was expecting.

God of War's only competition in the AAA space before Spider-man really is from The Crew 2 which is out a the end of this month and possibly Mario Tennis Aces.

Its a shame Sony did not have Dreams or Days Gone ready to release this summer, seems to be plenty of space to launch a new IP. I have a feeling Sony are going to sink dreams and launch it in Oct/Nov.

unapersson

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's sad about Onrush but I don't think Sony let them go as "punishment" for Driveclub's bad launch. The racing market is just consolidating and shrinking. It really sucks. Arcade racers are what I grew up on. N64 arcade racers...Beetle Adventure Racing, SF Rush, Cruisin', etc. :(

Yes, I think most of these decisions are based on what is coming next, the period when a team is transitioned onto a new project is the risky one, and they have to be able to sell their idea and be able to keep those people busy. At least they were mostly able to stay together.

I like OnRush a lot, hopefully it gets some boosts in the future when ranked mode hits and price starts dropping.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Hey soooooo Kratos has legs rite

~somewhere, a game reviewer screams as David Cage submits a new design document to Sony and is approved~

Kinda wish Sony just ask Evolution to make another genre then. Dont even have to completely separate from racing. Like maybe make cinematic open world game with the story focused on driving or something.

Like I'd love a new getaway where the focus is more on driving than shooting for example.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Its a shame Sony did not have Dreams or Days Gone ready to release this summer, seems to be plenty of space to launch a new IP. I have a feeling Sony are going to sink dreams and launch it in Oct/Nov.

Could see a December release more than Nov/ Oct. I reckon dates and open beta will be announced at Gamescom or Paris Games week, assuming they do a conference at one of those this year.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca

Rest assured, Dreams isn't even coming out this year. We'll get a beta at most.

You're right though that Dreams would've been perfect for a quiet summer month release. Shame MM couldn't make it in time.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
MediaMarkt recently had GoW for 44 € with store pickup so that probably helped (germany, nationwide). Grabbed it myself and i'm 15 hours deep into this awesome game.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda wish Sony just ask Evolution to make another genre then. Dont even have to completely separate from racing. Like maybe make cinematic open world game with the story focused on driving or something.

Like I'd love a new getaway where the focus is more on driving than shooting for example.
The uk is an expensive place to keep a dev team.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Days of Play helped this Sony domination week, I guess a lot of market has that weekly effect too. Sony's the only publisher that actually does its promotion here on our country (and a lot of tier 3 country from what I can gather) thus making locally sold games cheaper. Take note of that Nintendo and your overpriced game here (Labo cost $122 here)
Not only that, the actor of Conor has become so popular on twitter and twitch, it's amazing to see really. He went from having below 10k followers on twitter to now above 80k :O
He's a cool dude base on his stream, I finally pulled the trigger because of his stream + those artwork thread lol

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Very good legs for God of War and Detroit. The latter seems to have really benefited from great word of mouth. It puts into perspective pre-release talks about Cage, the story, the gameplay mechanics etc. People want to try something different with AAA production quality. We get too bent out of shape about what hardcore gamers want and ignore the appeal of these games to a wider audience who may not play traditional games.

Also nice to see GT at #11. Was part of the Days of Play promotion but sold better than Horizon Zero Dawn. Does look like it will stick around top 40 for some time.

I just don't believe Codemasters didn't see this coming for Onrush, if "armchair analysts" could see this coming for months then why couldn't Codemasters?

If Evo weren't already part of Codemasters I'd swear this was another Titanfall 2 situation, even if you want to argue that that is cynical mindset and that they obviously didn't send it out deliberately to fail, I don't think you can dispute that they haven't done everything in their power to help it succeed. Nowhere near.
I honestly think Codemasters needed a summer release to boost income. Much like Dirt 4 last year. In both cases they misjudged the market and should have released at a budget price mid-summer. TBH, I think Evo's tech will be a huge boost to franchises like Dirt, Grid and F1.

deadmonkeyuk

Oct 27, 2017
Highlands, Scotland
Could see a December release more than Nov/ Oct. I reckon dates and open beta will be announced at Gamescom or Paris Games week, assuming they do a conference at one of those this year.

Rest assured, Dreams isn't even coming out this year. We'll get a beta at most.

You're right though that Dreams would've been perfect for a quiet summer month release. Shame MM couldn't make it in time.

A beta this year around December sounds good with a full release summer 2019. I so want Dreams to succeed, the videos of what can be created are mind blowing. Would love Dreams to survive and grow as a platform into next gen. Having the title pre-installed onto all PS5s or offering the title free to all PSVR owners would be a great way to keep the content coming.

It would be a great shame if Sony just release the game as a $60 title at the tale end of the PS4 and it just fizzled out

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Days gone needs to be shit out ASAP because it's going to get murdered by the onslaught in February and January. I'm not buying it and I buy every Sony game.

Make syphon filter.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it could do very well in late November/ early to mid December actually.

This year, the actual onslaught is between September and October.

August 14 - WoW Expansion
August 28 - Yakuza Kiwami 2, PES 2019
Sept 4 - DQ 11, Destiny 2 Forsaken
Sept 7 - Spider-Man
Sept 11 - NBA 2k19
Sept 14 - Shadow of Tomb Raider
Sept 21 - Spyro trilogy
Sept 28 - FIFA 19
Oct 2 - Megaman 11, FotNS: Lost Paradise, FH4
Oct 5 - AC Odyssey
Oct 12 - CoD Blops 4
Oct 16 - Starlink Battle for Atlas, Lego DC SV
Oct 19 - BF V
Oct 23 - Just Dance 2019
Oct 26 - RDR 2

Nov 13- Hitman 2
Nov 16 - Pokemon let's Go
Dec 4 - Just Cause 4
Dec 7- Super Smash Bros

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
I think it could do very well in late November/ early to mid December actually.

This year, the actual onslaught is between September and October.

August 14 - WoW Expansion
August 28 - Yakuza Kiwami 2, PES 2019
Sept 4 - DQ 11, Destiny 2 Forsaken
Sept 7 - Spider-Man
Sept 11 - NBA 2k19
Sept 14 - Shadow of Tomb Raider
Sept 21 - Spyro trilogy
Sept 28 - FIFA 19
Oct 2 - Megaman 11, FotNS: Lost Paradise, FH4
Oct 5 - AC Odyssey
Oct 12 - CoD Blops 4
Oct 16 - Starlink Battle for Atlas, Lego DC SV
Oct 19 - BF V
Oct 23 - Just Dance 2019
Oct 26 - RDR 2

Nov 13- Hitman 2
Nov 16 - Pokemon let's Go
Dec 4 - Just Cause 4
Dec 7- Super Smash Bros

HAHAHA...there's no way RDR2 is coming out in 2018. You're right, though - there's a 3P adventure game out every few weeks in that period. Hard to say where the audience overlap is, versus TR or Ass Creed, for example. Bend have a long way to go to convince people to buy the game, though...if ERA's reaction is anything to go by it's not positive. Then again, TR was also panned in previews. As GoW has shown, with some positive WoM you can do pretty well.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I can see Detroit selling 2 million by the end of the year.
Should be able to do that yup. Wouldn't be surprised if it already is about to hit 1.5 million right now. They probably don't have all the data from the first month until in a bit. Either way a massive increase compared to Heavy Rain (it hit 2 million after a re-release and 1.5 years on the market).

Excellent

Also conor voice actor made cd projekt mention detroit during e3 cyberpunk hype which was good
That tweet has the most likes and re-tweets on their account after the trailer release and game reveal lol