• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Should be able to do that yup. Wouldn't be surprised if it already is about to hit 1.5 million right now. They probably don't have all the data from the first month until in a bit. Either way a massive increase compared to Heavy Rain (it hit 2 million after a re-release and 1.5 years on the market).

Excellent

That tweet has the most likes and re-tweets on their account after the trailer release and game reveal lol

Which tweet?

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
HAHAHA...there's no way RDR2 is coming out in 2018. You're right, though - there's a 3P adventure game out every few weeks in that period. Hard to say where the audience overlap is, versus TR or Ass Creed, for example. Bend have a long way to go to convince people to buy the game, though...if ERA's reaction is anything to go by it's not positive. Then again, TR was also panned in previews. As GoW has shown, with some positive WoM you can do pretty well.
#shrug

Just going by announced dates :)

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Sony continue to do great with God of War, GT Sport and Detroit, gotta love the legs :) Nice to see VR Worlds pop back up too, the sale is clearly moving units.

Feel bad for Evo / OnRush, as it's really good but I'm also not completely surprised if it isn't selling well at retail. My local supermarkets (Asda / Salisbury) sell a lot of games and they always get the latest games in stock for launch but they still haven't got OnRush in, it's like the game doesn't exist to them sadly.

Hope digital sales are better for them.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Great legs for God of War and Detroit. Also nice too see the sale doing well with the VR bump with VR Worlds up there.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
elumVdB.png

Spain:
Week 23, 2018 - All Formats (Units)

01 (03) PS4 God of War - 6,500 / 130,000
02 (01) PS4 FIFA 18 - 5,900 / 690,000
03 (NE) PS4 Vampire - 3,300 / NEW
04 (RE) PS4 Gran Turismo Sports - 3,000 / 175,000
05 (RE) PS4 Shadow of the Colossus - 2,900 / 27,000

Oct 25, 2017
HAHAHA...there's no way RDR2 is coming out in 2018. You're right, though - there's a 3P adventure game out every few weeks in that period. Hard to say where the audience overlap is, versus TR or Ass Creed, for example. Bend have a long way to go to convince people to buy the game, though...if ERA's reaction is anything to go by it's not positive. Then again, TR was also panned in previews. As GoW has shown, with some positive WoM you can do pretty well.
o dear. One does not simply follow era for sales expectations

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Just like Detroit right?

Some of you will never learn I think.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Using internet forums for video game sales expectations in 2018.

Why?

Lmfao my man Drift was talking about this y'all

Cmon fam

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
GoW and Detroit are here to stay and slay.

Impressive.
Even more impressive, he went from 5k Twitch followers to over 100k and could now pretty much stream full time if he chose to do so since he has an average viewership of 9-11k. Which is more viewers and followers than some actual full time streamers have who took years to build up their audience. How much time did Bryan need? 3 weeks and a game. Highly impressive to say the least

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Lmfao my man Drift was talking about this y'all

Cmon fam
Even without the context of the comment, you'd have to be delusional to think that's whining.

Those are really good sales for God of War. Detroit's hold is surprising as well. I'm glad, both are really solid games, and it's insane GoW keeps sticking to that #1 spot.

I think it's dumb to judge a game based on Era's sales expectations, as we've seen with Horizon, they're not a good indicator. Hope that didn't come off as whining, but apparently the bar for that isn't high.

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember having posted here these Spanish Q1-2018 hardware sales data, things have probably changed notably since then but I think you might find them interesting.

Hardware:

Week 13, 2018

YTD vs Last YTD

PlayStation 4 (-12% YoY)
Nintendo Switch (-20% YoY)
Xbox One (+18% YoY)

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
I don't remember having posted here these Spanish Q1-2018 hardware sales data, things have probably changed notably since then but I think you might find them interesting.

Hardware:

Week 13, 2018

YTD vs Last YTD

PlayStation 4 (-12% YoY)
Xbox One (+18% YoY)
Thanks Bruno. Do you recall if Sony did a special promotion during the Switch launch week in Spain? In Italy they cut the price to 199.

Nov 2, 2017

Hardware:

Week 13, 2018

YTD vs Last YTD

PlayStation 4 (-12% YoY)
Xbox One (+18% YoY)
Seems like XBX and their promotions kept XB YoY Up, Sony have to do promotions or some price cuts to improve even though its small drop, and Switch will be down mostly till Holidays I guess.

EDIT: is this includes God of war month ? or only up to March ?

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Hardware:

Week 13, 2018

YTD vs Last YTD

PlayStation 4 (-12% YoY)
Xbox One (+18% YoY)

Thanks as always for the data. Hard to judge X1 being up YOY. It's been up every month in the US but last years terrible numbers make it easy to be up. Can only imagine what it takes to be up in Spain.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017

Hardware:

Week 13, 2018

YTD vs Last YTD

PlayStation 4 (-12% YoY)
Xbox One (+18% YoY)

Bruno, do you have lifetime hardware sales numbers for consoles in Spain? Thanks :)