• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You're trying to build a faulty rethoric that Switch versions sell less, so automatically means bad sales and revenue, which isn't true. If we go by this logic then is safe to assume EA should reduce their support for PC version of FIFA, the least sold version of the game, and hey, it's supported by Frostbite.

Sorry, but the "EA has no faith to support Switch with Frostbite" and hence they should label it as "Legacy" is just a dumb excuse. The hole is actually deeper.

Considering how there's been reporting about his much of an inflexible mess Frostbite can be, they probably can't get it running on Switch and they're not interested in maintaining 2 codebases when the Switch version is selling "good enough".

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
CTR being number 1 should be a foregone conclusion: it's going to do several dozens of thousands of units first week imo, and nothing during the last week released that could challenge that. Weekly leggy games don't touch the single dozen thousand, either.

That's sort of what I was expecting. I don't think it can hit numbers like crash did but it should open pretty strongly. I think we'll see good numbers on both switch and PS4.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
CTR's sku split is more interesting imo: PS4 will lead by a good margin, and XB1 and Switch should be close imo. I'm guessing somewhere between (PS4/Switch/XB1) 60/20/20 and 70/15/15.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I agree it's going to be interesting. The switch obviously has a big fan base for carting games but thats mostly just for MK. I think the switch will perform slightly better than those splits and could lead the XB1 by a good margin.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I agree it's going to be interesting. The switch obviously has a big fan base for carting games but thats mostly just for MK. I think the switch will perform slightly better than those splits and could lead the XB1 by a good margin.
Yeah, I looked up the split for Sonic Team Racing. Could find a specific split, but PS4 narrowly outsold Switch (implying that XB1 was far behind). Now, Sonic is probably a bit more associated with Nintendo than Crash is, so I think Switch will be less ahead of XB1 for CTR, but I could see Switch being decently ahead of XB1 (but still far behind PS4, of course).

Last edited:

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Watch the UK market being once again one of the only markets where the Xbox One SKU of CTR will sell more than the Switch SKU just like it happened with the Crash N. Sane Trilogy. But yeah the PS4 SKU should lead by a huge margin which makes sense.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Watch the UK market being once again one of the only markets where the Xbox One SKU of CTR will sell more than the Switch SKU just like it happened with the Crash N. Sane Trilogy. But yeah the PS4 SKU should lead by a huge margin which makes sense.
True, that is the thing that gives me pause. Normally, I'd have pegged a Kart racer as an easy win for Switch when compared to XB1, but I had the same thoughts about Crash N Sane Trilogy, and that didn't happen.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

True, that is the thing that gives me pause. Normally, I'd have pegged a Kart racer as an easy win for Switch when compared to XB1, but I had the same thoughts about Crash N Sane Trilogy, and that didn't happen.

I can't remember now but was the xbox release day and date with the PS4 release? That could be a big factor there. Also the switch user base is grown significantly since then more so than Xbox and I think splits will start favouring switch more and more.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember now but was the xbox release day and date with the PS4 release? That could be a big factor there. Also the switch user base is grown significantly since then more so than Xbox and I think splits will start favouring switch more and more.

Both Xbox and Switch version (PC too I believe) released simultaneously a year after the PS4 version.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Individual formats week 21 (ended May 28th):

01 (02) PS4 DAYS GONE (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (NE) PS4 TEAM SONIC RACING (SEGA) ~ 6,800
03 (NE) NSW TEAM SONIC RACING (SEGA) ~ 6,630
04 (04) PS4 FIFA 19 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
05 (01) PS4 RAGE 2 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
06 (07) PS4 RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 (TAKE 2)
07 (05) NSW MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
08 (NE) XBO TEAM SONIC RACING (SEGA) ~ 3,570
09 (09) XBO FORZA HORIZON 4 (MICROSOFT)
10 (10) NSW SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE (NINTENDO)
11 (11) PS4 MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
12 (08) NSW NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U DELUXE (NINTENDO)
13 (NE) NSW ASSASSIN'S CREED III REMASTERED (UBISOFT)
14 (06) PS4 MORTAL KOMBAT 11 (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
15 (15) XBO TOM CLANCY'S THE DIVISION 2 (UBISOFT)
16 (03) XBO RAGE 2 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
17 (18) PS4 TOM CLANCY'S THE DIVISION 2 (UBISOFT)
18 (14) NSW POKEMON: LET'S GO, PIKACHU! (NINTENDO)
19 (NE) PS4 EVERYBODY'S GOLF VR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
20 (16) XBO FIFA 19 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
21 (13) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
22 (17) NSW MINECRAFT (NINTENDO)
23 (19) PC ANTHEM (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
24 (23) XBO GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
25 (20) PS4 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
26 (30) PS4 JUST CAUSE 4 (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
27 (22) NSW THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
28 (21) NSW YOSHI'S CRAFTED WORLD (NINTENDO)
29 (25) NSW SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
30 (32) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS 4 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
31 (28) XBO RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 (TAKE 2)
32 (RE) PS4 METRO EXODUS (DEEP SILVER)
33 (35) XBO SEA OF THIEVES (MICROSOFT)
34 (27) BSW SUPER MARIO PARTY (NINTENDO)
35 (37) XBO MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
36 (RE) XBO METRO EXODUS (DEEP SILVER)
37 (24) XBO MORTAL KOMBAT 11 (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
38 (12) PS4 A PLAGUE TALE: INNOCENCE (FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE)
39 (40) XBO FORZA HORIZON 3 (MICROSOFT)
40 (39) PS4 KINGDOM HEARTS III (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)

-----------------------------------

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Switch getting a €35 eshop voucher packed in. Could boost hardware numbers, but physical sales should not be affected too much (for obvious reasons).

Last edited:

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Crash has a bundle too in the UK right? Wish we'd get some info about hardware each week.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering how there's been reporting about his much of an inflexible mess Frostbite can be, they probably can't get it running on Switch and they're not interested in maintaining 2 codebases when the Switch version is selling "good enough".

If EA cares about supporting PC version with it, the least selling version, this excuse don't hold any water. Besides, there's no technical evidence that Switch can't run Frostbite and this can be questionated though, as there's tech demanding games already ported and in development, thus checking the veracity of such theory.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If EA cares about supporting PC version with it, the least selling version, this excuse don't hold any water.

Supporting their PC Premiere subscription service and the fact Frostbite was made with PC in mind at inception would probably go a long way. It's an effort V return thing rather than just supporting the lowest selling version.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Supporting their PC Premiere subscription service and the fact Frostbite was made with PC in mind at inception would probably go a long way. It's an effort V return thing rather than just supporting the lowest selling version.

Still can't hide the fact the PC version is least selling version, hence lowest returns, but according to you they shouldn't support Switch with Frostbite because is "not selling good enough" when the potential is clear to sell even better if Frostbite is there. Sorry, but you're being apologist here and trying to justify a questionable business decision (possibly political).