• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"For a third week running, FIFA 18 remains at top of the European charts both digitally and at retail.The latest European charts from Game Sales Data show that FIFA 18 sales have continued strong, buoyed by excitement around the football world cup.
At retail, God of War is up from No. 3 to No. 2, while Gran Turismo Sport jumped from No. 9 to No. 3."

1vwk8x.png
damn, europe does love PS4, eh? would have never guessed gran turismo 5 is number 3 or shadow of colossus is number 10. how many units we think this new remake has sold? i m sure its the highest selling shadow of colossus format , out doing ps3 and ps2 releases .

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
That's crazy to see Breath if the Wild still in the top 5 more than one year after it was released...

I find Mario Kart's performance to be way more impressive than Zelda.

-It has sold more than Zelda on switch and still outsells it weekly.
-It was already the best selling game on wii U, yet still outselling new switch games despite being a re-release.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
These EU sales arent surprising....Sony runs and has non-stop digital sales. MS doesnt really compare and Nintendo not offering digital numbers isnt helping either.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
These EU sales arent surprising....Sony runs and has non-stop digital sales. MS doesnt really compare and Nintendo not offering digital numbers isnt helping either.
Dont believe MS digital isnt also included? As they come it late i believe they said regarding Vampyr last week.

Vampyr's results are missing Xbox One's digital sales - the nature of these charts is that some data may be late coming in and cannot be verified in time. These instances should hopefully reduce as the charts become more frequent - this is only the second EMEA combined digital and physical chart.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
that was just one instance though. its 95% of time digital from sony and MS without nintendo yet.
Ah oke. Its abit of a mess atm haha. With all these charts with only retail, retail digital but not all digital etc.
Hopefully in in 6 months its abit more clean. Like the NPD stuff now.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
op one is physical only. the one posted last page is digital plus physical,, see how much the inclusion of digital changes the rankings.
I was surprised By how the Ranks change and Some games came out of the list

it Feel like the Digital is more , like 60% From the sale

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I find Mario Kart's performance to be way more impressive than Zelda.

-It has sold more than Zelda on switch and still outsells it weekly.
-It was already the best selling game on wii U, yet still outselling new switch games despite being a re-release.

Mario Kart has always been bigger than Zelda though. Like 2-3x bigger in recent years.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ah oke. Its abit of a mess atm haha. With all these charts with only retail, retail digital but not all digital etc.
Hopefully in in 6 months its abit more clean. Like the NPD stuff now.
yea cant wait for that to happen. with the digital rate so high , physical only is kinda misleading and as you said this way now is very confusing .

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I was surprised By how the Ranks change and Some games came out of the list

it Feel like the Digital is more , like 60% From the sale
well in the last sony earning it was showing around 50% digital so it could very well be heading toward 60% now especially with sales that sony does for games. many amazing games under 15$ on digital store (atleast in europe)

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Sorru but this is bullshit, it's the biggest single market but the EU as whole is bigger, just look at games like UC4 that have sold almost 10 million and less than a third come from the biggest market in the world.
Well we don't get EU numbers. We get UK numbers. Once UK is out of the EU is it still biggest in world?

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
yea cant wait for that to happen. with the digital rate so high , physical only is kinda misleading and as you said this way now is very confusing .
Yup it's really confusing

well in the last sony earning it was showing around 50% digital so it could very well be heading toward 60% now especially with sales that sony does for games. many amazing games under 15$ on digital store (atleast in europe)

that's Why i asked Both chart become Different and eliminate some company (it's Not their fault XD)

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Individual charts are up:

-
chartNew.gif
1 MARIO TENNIS ACES NS NINTENDO NINTENDO
chartDown.gif
2 GOD OF WAR PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
chartUp.gif
3 MARIO KART 8 DELUXE NS NINTENDO NINTENDO
chartDown.gif
4 DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
chartSame.gif
5 FIFA 18 PS4 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
chartUp.gif
6 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY NS NINTENDO NINTENDO
chartUp.gif
7 FALLOUT 4 PS4 BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
chartDown.gif
8 FIFA 18 XB ONE EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
chartDown.gif
9 PLAYSTATION VR WORLDS PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
chartUp.gif
10 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD NS NINTENDO NINTENDO

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Sorru but this is bullshit, it's the biggest single market but the EU as whole is bigger, just look at games like UC4 that have sold almost 10 million and less than a third come from the biggest market in the world.

EU is a multitude of countries. If you are going to compare you may as well atleast compare continents and do NA.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Well we don't get EU numbers. We get UK numbers. Once UK is out of the EU is it still biggest in world?

There's Europe and then there's the EU. It's not the same thing.

EU is a multitude of countries. If you are going to compare you may as well atleast compare continents and do NA.

Doesn't NPD include numbers from Canada? if so there you have it, if not then we can't compare them if we don't get the numbers.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017

Well that's because Europe isn't a Market. We don't combine USA, Canada and Mexico into one market. The person I was replying to said EU market.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/308454/gaming-revenue-countries/
NPD numbers aren't just US numbers you do know that? NPD is North America numbers.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't like those charts with digital included, it's so susceptible to change because of sales. It needs to be by revenue to make at least some sense.

I really hope the new charts next year will be by revenue, otherwise it might get really silly.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Well that's because Europe isn't a Market. We don't combine USA, Canada and Mexico into one market. The person I was replying to said EU market.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/308454/gaming-revenue-countries/

NPD includes Canada, so ooops there you have it.

And regarding you ammend, you said the UK won't count as the EU market.

It will even if it's out of the EU. UK willl still be part of the EU market for videogame seven if it's out of the European Union

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
NPD numbers aren't just US numbers you do know that? NPD is North America numbers.

Wrong. Its just US. NPD tracks other markets but those markets are not rolled in the numbers that are posted on Era. They are looking at doing that eventually but currently that is not the case.

The source is I asked Matt this question directly a few months ago.

The more you know

Here's the link for ya

March 2018 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, April 17th

NPD includes Canada, so ooops there you have it

No it doesn't.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Then to my other point, we will be able to compare the NA numbers to the EU numbers once we get Canada numbers, until then it will be US vs EU

Cubo

May 14, 2018
The revenue chart is up, and as expected Switch had a very good week!

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110033

Splatoon is top 8 again! The top 10 has 5 SW titles, 4 PS4, 1 XBONE. The top 40 has 15 SW, 15 PS4, 9 XBONE, 1 PC. That's a lot of Nintendo for a UK chart! :D

About new releases, it would be nice if Bruno gave us a hint about hot Mario Tennis Aces did compared to older titles. I have a feeling it isn't really that much. And Minecraft didn't do too big, almost as much as Flashback, but I guess it has sold quite a lot digitally already so it wasn't going to have a big debut. Let's see if it sticks around.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Wrong. Its just US. NPD tracks other markets but those markets are not rolled in the numbers that are posted on Era. They are looking at doing that eventually but currently that is not the case.

The source is I asked Matt this question directly a few months ago.

The more you know

Here's the link for ya

March 2018 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, April 17th

No it doesn't.

NPD tracks NA but we only get US data.
giphy.gif

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I really don't like those charts with digital included, it's so susceptible to change because of sales. It needs to be by revenue to make at least some sense.

I really hope the new charts next year will be by revenue, otherwise it might get really silly.

Ideally it would be like the current charts where we get both multiplat units, single plat units and by revenue.

Units is misleading regardless of digital or non digital no?

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
I'm pretty sure for every 3 switches sold at least 1 is picking up Mario Kart. Crazy that over a year after launch, still full price and 4 best selling game of the week in the UK

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Ideally it would be like the current charts where we get both multiplat units, single plat units and by revenue.

Units is misleading regardless of digital or non digital no?
Yeah but I feel like sales are more extreme with digital. Unless we want to see Far Cry 3 at the top randomly one week it's better to go with revenue (though both is ideal of course).

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
EU refers to Europe in this case, not European Union. UK will always be Europe, so nothing changes.

European Sales, includes Digital.

1 FIFA 18
2 God of War
3 Gran Turismo Sport
4 Grand Theft Auto 5
5 Horizon Zero Dawn
6 Far Cry 5
7 The Last of Us Remastered
8 Assassin's Creed Origins
9 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
10 Shadow of Colossus

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...remains-no-1-in-europe-for-third-week-running

FIFA & Gran Turismo keep reigning in Europe, no surprises.
Which week is this? Previous week? In that case, I'm surprised there's no Mario Tennis Aces.