• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Is it really that shocking to accept that GTS is selling well that people have to do backflip gymnastics to downplay it?

Deleted member 5727

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this is all Europe yet but it's most, as I said by January 2019 we'll have the Full picture.

Only available since three weeks and concerning only 12 european country until January 2019 where it will cover all the european countries.

Oh, so this is a new data source? And in Jan 2019, it will cover all European countries? Damn, that's great.
Will we be getting regular weekly reports?

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"For a third week running, FIFA 18 remains at top of the European charts both digitally and at retail.The latest European charts from Game Sales Data show that FIFA 18 sales have continued strong, buoyed by excitement around the football world cup.
At retail, God of War is up from No. 3 to No. 2, while Gran Turismo Sport jumped from No. 9 to No. 3."

1vwk8x.png
Wow. Looks like the Days of Play promo for PS4 cleaned up in Europe...
I had no idea it would be that big.

Deleted member 5727

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes every week wer will have the data.

Beautiful. No offense to the Brits, but I was getting tired of just talking UK sales every week. Covering all of Europe is quite an accomplishment. I hope their data sources and algorithms are reliable. That's a lot of territory to cover. I'm grateful that they're making the information public.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Beautiful. No offense to the Brits, but I was getting tired of just talking UK sales every week. Covering all of Europe is quite an accomplishment. I hope their data sources and algorithms are reliable. That's a lot of territory to cover. I'm grateful that they're making the information public.

+1. So glad we are going to get data for whole Europe.

Fdkn

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
It will give us also a way more reliable picture, the UK has some singularities compared to the rest of Europe.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Having the entire Europe data (retail + digital sans Nintendo) combined will be excellent and give us a much clearer picture. Hopefully they will include percentages and eventually have a value chart

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can you share anything on hardware? With a few titles getting bumps and some even re-entering the chart it makes me wonder if there wasn't a decent bump in Hardware.

Not him but hard to believe a game with such a small opening would move a significant amount of hardware. More likely alot of games just feel down the charts after all the E3 promotions ended.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway

That's quite insane for PS4.
FIFA on top is not surprising either considering it's the world cup right now. All my colleagues are watching it fanatically. Personally I'm not into it but I can imagine that driving sales even if FIFA sells really well outside of the cup too.

The last of us at 7 and HZD at 5 is madness :)
Strange to not see Detroid: become legs in this list but that might be since it is not released or released quite recently in some of the countries?

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Not him but hard to believe a game with such a small opening would move a significant amount of hardware. More likely alot of games just feel down the charts after all the E3 promotions ended.

Was there a lot of promotions?

Probably right but my first thought was hardware may have seen a bump with so many games increasing. Is Fortnite big in the UK?

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
So GT Sport is #12 on the individual chart and #14 on the value chart.

Doesn't that suggest, when the top 40 as a whole is taken into account, it's retail price is comparable with other charting titles? That or it's selling considerably more than other titles in the same price range. Or am I missing something blindingly obvious. The way some talk you'd think it would be nowhere to be seen on the value chart. Or at least well down versus it's individual unit placing.

And while we know it doesn't take a whole lot to chart in the UK. It's pretty easy to see how the major Sony and Nintendo titles clock up big lifetime numbers when they hang around the charts (across multiple markets) for years on end. The sooner we get digital data the better too. I haven't bought a game at retail this entire gen.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Sony had Days of Play and MS ran a similar sale plus there was tons of bundling. Deals ran through June 18th.

That wouldn't explain why Switch software saw a bump and some older Switch titles re-enter the chart though, right? Am I missing something cause I would expect the opposite and more Sony/MS software to increase and re-enter the charts since they were on sale but instead we saw Switch software increase.

Was there similar deals on Switch software that you are aware of?

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That wouldn't explain why Switch software saw a bump and some older Switch titles re-enter the chart though, right? Am I missing something cause I would expect the opposite and more Sony/MS software to increase and re-enter the charts since they were on sale but instead we saw Switch software increase.

The reported week is the week after the deals ended, so that's why the numbers in the top 40 of this thread are down across the board except for Nintendo games.

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Sorry, I was talking about the EU top 10 which is 5 multi-platform titles and 5 Sony exclusives.

I haven't seen that one. Very impressive, but hardly surprising because Europe is the continent where Sony has been dominant for decades. In Japan, they are challenged a lot by Nintendo ( actually they are struggling against Nintendo at times ). In the US they have a very strong competition from Microsoft and Nintendo ( the latest NPD numbers was a pretty good example of that ).

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Just to clarify one thing above.

Mario Tennis Aces did ultimately have a good opening for the game that it is. But it's basically the series being back to normal after the Wii U entry.
Hopefully it'll continue selling due to free DLC and such.

This doesn't include digital though right? I would assume that would have a bigger difference than usual for this game compared to other Nintendo games due to the pre-order coin bonus.

Oct 28, 2017
Why does it matter where they hold a conference? 99,9% of everyone watching these conferences will be streaming it anyway, I just wanna see cool games don't care where from.
Because it's not about just the conference. Gamescom has 250k visitors/potential consumers to try the games, and it's great to have a conference at normal time instead of 3 am. It's nice to focus on different kind of games than E3. Games that Europeans show more interest in. Gamescom is bigger than E3. And if where conferences are held is not important than cancel E3, and hold conferences in Europe.

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017

Maybe people picked up a Switch for Fortnite and got some games with it?

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
FIFA on top is not surprising either considering it's the world cup right now. All my colleagues are watching it fanatically. Personally I'm not into it but I can imagine that driving sales even if FIFA sells really well outside of the cup too.

Strange to not see Detroid: become legs in this list but that might be since it is not released or released quite recently in some of the countries?
Sony has a big sale on retail games didn't they?

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Detroit: Become Legs is #8 across the whole of Europe physical only (excluding UK where we know it is #6). With digital included it falls out of the top 10 I suppose because it is by unit sales and not revenue and the Days of Play promotions probably yielded quite good results especially digitally which pushed Detroit out of the top 10 when you figure in everything (since Detroit wasn't put on sale).

Last edited:

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Because it's not about just the conference. Gamescom has 250k visitors/potential consumers to try the games, and it's great to have a conference at normal time instead of 3 am. It's nice to focus on different kind of games than E3. Games that Europeans show more interest in. Gamescom is bigger than E3. And if where conferences are held is not important than cancel E3, and hold conferences in Europe.
Not saying they shouldn't be at Gamescom just don't care if they do a conference or not. Visitors doesn't matter unless you think Sony has a venue big enough for 250k people. E3 is still bigger than Gamescom with the things that matter like game announcements and stream views, also ~70% of Sony studios are based in the US. No conference in EU also means less Jim Ryan which is another plus.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Sony has a big sale on retail games didn't they?

Detroit: Become Legs is #8 across the whole of Europe physical only (excluding UK where we know it is #6). With digital included it falls out of the top 10 I suppose because it is by unit sales and not revenue and the Days of Play promotions probably yielded quite good results especially digitally which pushed Detroit out of the top 10 when you figure in everything (since Detroit wasn't put on sale).

Ah, I forget days of play did not have Detroit.
That is a very likely reason.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I doubt digital is that big on Switch

This keeps getting said but didn't Nintendo show stats that digital sales have increased hugely on switch compared to previous platforms.

Digital sales were played a big part of Switch's success, with a combined total of 60.8 billion yen (that's a staggering 87% increase on a year-on-year basis).

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._as_nintendo_profits_see_500_percent_increase

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That is what I was thinking. Jesus Christ.

TLOU is the leggiest Sony game ever by far.

God of War could very well defy that crown though!

Last of Us came 5 years ago, still charting across the globe.

I doubt God of War can emulate that, specially since the sequel should arrive way sooner.

Last of Us is one in a lifetime kind of achievement, yes this is hyperbole but you know what I mean :p