• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fair enough.

Sharing digital can't really have a negative effect on them as it will help their games chart higher.

That data can help them when times are good but can also lead to negative articles on the down swing.

I agree with you they should share but I get why they don't. It'll just take some more convincing from people like Mat.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Am I correct in reading there that Splatoon 2 is kinda disappointing in Europe? I mean comparisons to Japan are obviously futile but if it is preforming notably worse than even NA then that is a shame.

Maybe the discount price of Splatoon on Wii U did them a bit of damage for the brand in the long run..?

Splatoon's split Japan/rest of the world was like 35%
Splatoon 2 is at 43% (the percentage went down in the last quarter, it was at 45% at December)

Then of course Splatoon launched at €40 in Europe and Splatoon 2 at €60.

But the legs in the rest of the world are strong.

Q2 - 2.05m
Q3 - 0.65m
Q4 - 0.71m

It sold more from January to March than it did from October to December.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
They have really low digital rates... so they're embarassed to share them :P
himym-slap-bet.jpg

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
One thing i love about Nintendo, is how usuallythey are so much open about releasing numbers. They have their own site with a lot of public data, and every quarter they show some nice information which is very good to see.

This thing about digital is honestly kinda unexpect from Nintendo. Hope they'll change that, because in 2018 digital sales are just way too important, and is just gonna rise in 2019.

Sal_S

Oct 30, 2017
Hamilton
One thing i love about Nintendo, is how usuallythey are so much open about releasing numbers. They have their own site with a lot of public data, and every quarter they show some nice information which is very good to see.

This thing about digital is honestly kinda unexpect from Nintendo. Hope they'll change that, because in 2018 digital sales are just way too important, and is just gonna rise in 2019.
When they did PR statements for NPD, they shared shipped + digital for some games. I miss those days :(

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
That data can help them when times are good but can also lead to negative articles on the down swing.

I agree with you they should share but I get why they don't. It'll just take some more convincing from people like Mat.
Do negative articles impact sales? I'm pretty sure the majority of gamers don't care about video game journalism

Cubo

May 14, 2018

Crash Switch Physical > Xbox One Physical + Digital

So Mario Kart and Mario Odissey physical is higher than GoW physical + digital across Europe? I didn't expect that. I'm guessing also that total FIFA 18 would be quite higher in Switch than in Xbox One seeing that it is top 3 in almost every eShop. I guess the list is units based right?

Also Splatoon 2 is doing really well, even if it's not the absurd japanese numbers, it is one of the must haves of the console and it still hangs around the top 20 a year after release.. It's a pity Nintendo isn't sharing their digital numbers because all of the titles would be climbing quite a few spots for sure.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Crash Switch sales should have Activision reevaluating their handling of Spyro on the platform.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
French charts, Week 26:

1/ The Crew 2 (PS4)
2/ Mario Tennis Aces
3/ Crash Bandicoot (Switch)
4/ Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
5/ Super Mario Odyssey

(Reminder that the games are ranked by revenue).

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017

Nintendo kinda has to release more data than Sony/MS because gaming is their only business and so shareholders have to see how they are doing. They also used to release even more data than they do nowadays. We got regional quarterly hardware charts during their financial briefings that also had MS/Sony numbers. It was useful way to get European sales numbers.

Cubo

May 14, 2018

JSG87

Mar 13, 2018
Ayr, Scotland
So now that we know that the UK is the outlier regarding Crash and that in Europe as a whole Crash is doing much better on Switch I'm assuming that it's gonna sell quite a lot here. Once again more proof that the UK should not be the first call for how games are doing worldwide. I think Crash May do well enough in the USA. Will probably open a bit higher than Europe at any rate. Apparently it's not popular in Japan though. I don't think it has any chance to hit the 4 million that's PS4 Has sold but I don't expect it to on a userbase a quarter of the size. I'd bet it's a million seller when all is said and done and I hope that, that is enough for Activision.