• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
resetera-gifl9a7h.gif

MmxQTE5.png

United Kingdom:
Week 26, 2018 - All Formats (Units)

Originally Posted by Chart-Track:

'Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy' crashes back in at No.1 with an Xbox One launch

Activision Blizzard's 'Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy' returns to No1. Previously only available on PS4 it is joined this week by Xbox One, Switch and PC versions, propelling it from No22 to the top spot. It now has a total of 8 weeks at No1 and knocks 'Mario Tennis Aces' down to No4.

'The Crew 2' from Ubisoft has to settle for a debut at No2 ahead of 'FIFA 18' which drops one place to No3. A large retailer promotion gives a few older titles big sales jumps; 'Star Wars Battlefront II' re-enters the Top 40 at No7, 'Middle-Earth: Shadow of War' jumps from No25 to No13 and 'Destiny 2' re-enters at No16.

01 (22) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION)
02 (NE) THE CREW 2 (UBISOFT)
03 (02) FIFA 18 (EA SPORTS)
04 (01) MARIO TENNIS ACES (NINTENDO)
05 (03) GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
06 (04) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
07 (RE) STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II (EA GAMES)
08 (07) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR)
09 (05) FALLOUT 4 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
10 (12) FAR CRY 5 (UBISOFT)
11 (06) DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
12 (09) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
13 (25) MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF WAR (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
14 (11) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
15 (21) MINECRAFT (NINTENDO)
16 (RE) DESTINY 2 (ACTIVISION)
17 (40) WOLFENSTEIN II: THE NEW COLOSSUS (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
18 (17) LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
19 (08) CALL OF DUTY: WWII (ACTIVISION)
20 (15) SPLATOON 2 (NINTENDO)
21 (27) ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS (UBISOFT)
22 (16) ROCKET LEAGUE: COLLECTORS EDITION (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
23 (RE) SOUTH PARK: THE FRACTURED BUT WHOLE (UBISOFT)
24 (13) DOOM (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
25 (24) PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (MICROSOFT)
26 (NE) HARVEST MOON: LIGHT OF HOPE (RISING STAR GAMES)
27 (18) VAMPYR (FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE)
28 (32) THE SIMS 4 (EA GAMES)
29 (RE) SONIC FORCES (SEGA)
30 (38) MARIO + RABBIDS KINGDOM BATTLE (UBISOFT)
31 (30) TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE (UBISOFT)
32 (RE) MARIO KART 7 (NINTENDO)
33 (19) SEGA MEGA DRIVE CLASSICS (SEGA)
34 (20) STATE OF DECAY 2 (MICROSOFT)
35 (35) 1-2 SWITCH (NINTENDO)
36 (29) SEA OF THIEVES (MICROSOFT)
37 (RE) FAR CRY 3: CLASSIC EDITION (UBISOFT)
38 (10) PLAYSTATION VR WORLDS (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
39 (31) LEGO WORLDS (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
40 (RE) DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE (NINTENDO)

Week 26, 2018 - Individual Formats (Units)

V0NjZR6.png

France:
Week 25, 2018 - Individual Formats (Value)

01 (NE) NSW MARIO TENNIS ACES (NINTENDO)
02 (03) NSW MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
03 (02) NSW DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE (NINTENDO)
04 (RE) NSW SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
05 (05) NSW THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)

UJysQu3.png

Germany:
May 2018 - All Formats (Units)

01 (01) GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (NE) DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
03 (NE) DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE (NINTENDO)
04 (03) FIFA 18 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
05 (02) FAR CRY 5 (UBISOFT)
06 (04) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
07 (NE) DARK SOULS REMASTERED (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
08 (06) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
09 (05) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
10 (07) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
11 (NE) HYRULE WARRIORS: DEFINITIVE EDITION (NINTENDO)
12 (NE) CONAN EXILES (DEEP SILVER)
13 (14) ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS (UBISOFT)
14 (08) SPLATOON 2 (NINTENDO)
15 (RE) STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
16 (NE) STATE OF DECAY 2 (MICROSOFT)
17 (09) MINECRAFT (MICROSOFT / NINTENDO / SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
18 (12) NINTENDO LABO TOY-CON 01: VARIETY KIT (NINTENDO)
19 (13) GRAN TURISMO: SPORT (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
20 (RE) KIRBY STAR ALLIES (NINTENDO)

Week 26, 2018 - GfK Entertainment Press Note

7SOi6LN.png

Italy:
Week 25, 2018 - Individual Console (Units)

gOnqdLo.png

Switzerland:

nWkUWXZ.png

Denmark:
Week 25, 2018 - All Formats (Units)

lBCaZ1R.png

Norway:

ev8uIPG.png

Sweden:

se6Rz4O.png

Australia:

Rd6CnTM.png

New Zealand:

elumVdB.png

Spain:
May 2018 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (01) PS4 GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (NE) NSW DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE (NINTENDO)
03 (03) PS4 FIFA 18 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
04 (04) NSW SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
05 (NE) PS4 DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
06 (05) NSW MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
07 (02) PS4 FAR CRY 5 (UBISOFT)
08 (NE) PS4 DARK SOULS REMASTERED (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
09 (07) NSW SPLATOON 2 (NINTENDO)
10 (RE) PC OVERWATCH: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

ESltXXF.png

Greece:
April 2018 - Individual Formats (Units)

PAL Charts - Week 22, 2018
PAL Charts - Week 23, 2018
PAL Charts - Week 24, 2018
PAL Charts - Week 25, 2018

Last edited:

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crash is a phenomenon over here.

Good hold for Mario Tennis- wonder if it will get a Wimbledon bump.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Ubisoft-branded mediocrity usually sells by the boatload, so I'm somewhat surprised The Crew 2 didn't grab the top spot.

If it doesn't have legs over the coming weeks then that's not a good look for the franchise as a whole.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I'm interested to see how well Crash can do outside of the Playstation sphere.

Apart from that though, the real news:

France:
Week 25, 2018 - Individual Formats (Value)

01 (NE) MARIO TENNIS ACES (NINTENDO)
02 (03) NSW MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
03 (02) NSW DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE (NINTENDO)
04 (RE) NSW SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
05 (05) NSW THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)

Holy crap!

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Is there any particular reason France seems to only list Nintendo titles?

Edit: Seems they only list top 5 and no other platform made the cut. Weird.

PurelyChris

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
God of War already discounted here in Germany. You can pick up a copy for 39.95 euros at the supermarket Real. Most likely nationwide as it's in both my stores. Worth a look if any Germans are looking for a cheapy.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

France is one of the biggest Nintendo markets and they like JP games in general.
There's no other really big games right now to push those evergreen titles out.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands

The units/value distinction is probably important here. Most of the games on the list are discounted, FIFA, GoW, Far Cry etc you can generally find of 3/4s of the price of Nintendo games or less. Just The Crew 2 and Detroit are still full price. Value based lists skew more Nintendo, apart from France also being a Nintendo fan country.

Kerozinn

Banned
May 11, 2018
Ubisoft-branded mediocrity usually sells by the boatload, so I'm somewhat surprised The Crew 2 didn't grab the top spot.

If it doesn't have legs over the coming weeks then that's not a good look for the franchise as a whole.

its probably not the only reason for but did you see some of the reviews for it?
67 on opencritic with 36 reviews.

Oct 25, 2017
My boy Crash is back!!!!!

its probably not the only reason for but did you see some of the reviews for it?
67 on opencritic with 36 reviews.
Ghost Recon also had mediocre reviews and it sold very well. I think it is just the genre. Racing isn't what it used to be, so games like that have to really good to even possibly make a dent (Forza Horizon, for example).

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
I would like to see the split % between systems for Crash
We didn't get a split persé but we do know the Xbox One and Switch versions were very close to each other. The Xbox version outselling the Switch version by only 250 copies.

EDIT: Things are looking up for Switch in the UK this week. This is the first time that we've seen 12 Switch titles in the top 40 overall with 8 titles in the top 20. Very nice.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

School just ended, kids who did well at school are getting gifts from their parents, and the classic one is a new game console, hence that result.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That Wolfenstein 2 bump should suggest that sales of Switch version (assuming all of the bump is due to the Switch release) should translate to no more than 2,000 units, right? Definitely not great, but I personally wasn't expecting it to do well in the UK after Doom's performance: either late ports don't go over well on Switch in UK, or third party in general isn't wanted in UK, but either way the UK seems to underperform compared to the rest of the world (considering Bethesda were happy with its performance).

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017

They count each and every SKU separately, which means that every single version of a game will be counted separately (this includes special editions and ports to other consoles). In other words, it is heavily skewed towards exclusives.

Oct 27, 2017
Let's get something straight, and this is something other developers *coughNintendocough* have to realise. In the UK, price matters. Crash did not sell 500k on branding alone. It was the price. You keep Arms at £44.99, Nintendo.

Haha not even shocked Crash sold more than Kirby, a brand new entry in a Nintendo franchise. There you go.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not looking good for The Crew 2, but let's see how they'll continue to support it. Steep also bombed in the first week (although it probably had much lower sales expectations from Ubisoft) and it's still supported and Ubi even launched the olympics edition.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Crash is a phenomenon over here.

I was looking at some dumb article in the Metro about people living in London and there's always these shots of these dudes basic apartments that they share. Twice now there's been a shot of PS4 games and both times, they showed 3 games: Call of Duty (One was Infinite Warfare and the other WW2 as the only difference), FIFA 18 and Crash. It was insane to me the second time I saw it, especially as someone with 0 love for Crash.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Let's get something straight, and this is something other developers *coughNintendocough* have to realise. In the UK price matters. Crash did not sell 500k on branding alone. It was the price. You keep Arms at £44.99, Nintendo.

Haha not even shocked Crash sold more than Kirby, a brand new entry in a Nintendo franchise. There you go.
Yeah the sweet spot in the UK is around £30-35 much more than that and people start to balk unless it's really high profile.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/Chris_Dring/status/1013733838923722752

Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy is the fastest-selling Switch game released this year. Sold more in its first week on Switch than Donkey Kong, Mario Tennis Aces and Kirby

Damn....Activision made the right choice in adding the Switch version.

Bummer that Spyro isn't getting a Switch release.

Yeah the sweet spot in the UK is around £30-35 much more than that and people start to balk unless it's really high profile.
It's also 3 full titles that are considered as classics. So the package is a must have I'd you just have any kind of affinity for the Crash series.

Wiggy

Oct 26, 2017
Great Crash performance! Hope Crash team racing is next, for some reason I worry about a new original game

Oct 27, 2017
Damn....Activision made the right choice in adding the Switch version.

Bummer that Spyro isn't getting a Switch release.

It's also 3 full titles that are considered as classics. So the package is a must have I'd you just have any kind of affinity for the Crash series.

I have nothing towards the Crash series but it was £28 at Shopto and as you said, it's a no brainer. Meanwhile, Nintendo are charging a bomb for Kirby and DK. I find it even more hilarious that Crash outsold Aces despite all the Aces advertising, and Crash being a 1 year old port and available now on every console. If Aces was priced a fiver lower and the advertising budgeting cut by half, it would have probably sold more. The pound is still strong, Nintendo really should lower the UK pricing just a little at least IMO.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I have nothing towards the Crash series but it was £28 at Shopto and as you said, it's a no brainer. Meanwhile, Nintendo are charging a bomb for Kirby and DK. I find it even more hilarious that Crash outsold Aces despite all the Aces advertising, and Crash being a 1 year old port and available now on every console. If Aces was priced a fiver lower and the advertising budgeting cut by half, it would have probably sold more. The pound is still strong, Nintendo really should lower the UK pricing just a little at least IMO.

Tbf you have to consider the revenue. Aces could have very well generated more revenue than crash did in it's first week.

Oct 27, 2017
Great Crash performance! Hope Crash team racing is next, for some reason I worry about a new original game

I don't think we are getting CTR for a while. I'd imagine VV has the entire Crash team on the new game.

If there is a new game and it's sold at full price, it will bomb. Hopefully Activision realise this.

Tbf you have to consider the revenue. Aces could have very well generated more revenue than crash did in it's first week.

This is true. If you go to the chart track website and you order the list by revenue, you get lots of Switch titles in the top 40 like Arms, Pokken, Labo etc. I'd argue sales are more important to an extent because it leads to more word of mouth and more positive press and more console sales, but looking at the revenue charts Nintendo is doing really well. I just wish they trimmed a fiver or so off some prices and found a nice sweet spot. I'd rather more people had Switches and played the games. This isn't like working in a restaurant and hoping to make the same money by serving fewer people. I'm sure they'd want to make the same money and have more people play their games. They like to keep their brands feeling valuable too though, but the problem with games like Arms and Aces is that they didn't launch with enough content to justify those prices, and the problem with games like Pokken and DK is that they are ports.