• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
That's pretty impressive for Xbox. I guess those discounts on Xbox hardware were attractive. Any idea how aggressive they were ?

You could buy the Sea of Thieves bundle (1TB) along with an official vertical stand, Forza Horizon 3, Minecraft: Explorers Pack and an extra controller for £199!!

The PlayStation 4? A 500GB slim model for £220, on its own, and with nary a game included.

Go figure.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
You could buy the Sea of Thieves bundle (1TB) along with an official vertical stand, Forza Horizon 3, Minecraft: Explorers Pack and an extra controller for £199!!

The PlayStation 4? A 500GB slim model for £220, on its own, and with nary a game included.

Go figure.

I managed to completely miss Prime Day this year but it's crazy that the PS4 deals were so bad this year. Last year I got a 500gb PS4 Slim, Crash Bandicoot remake, Overwatch and an extra controller for about £180. I was convinced it was a mis-price until it all got delivered.

Similarly last Black Friday I got a white PS4 Pro + GT Sport + COD + Fallout 4 for £299.

Seems like Sony wasn't even trying this Prime Day.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Seems Octopath doesn't have much legs in UK, which is to be expected when it sold 10k on launch which is low compared to other AAA titles.

Just checked a few sites and it seems to be in stock, so the reported stock issues in other countries doesn't seem to hold true for the UK.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seems Octopath doesn't have much legs in UK, which is to be expected when it sold 10k on launch which is low compared to other AAA titles.

Just checked a few sites and it seems to be in stock, so the reported stock issues in other countries doesn't seem to hold true for the UK.

10k was in line with most JPRG's in the UK no?

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Eh, I'd say 60% drop is fine.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-PC-Video-Games/zgbs/videogames

Still no.1 on Amazon despite only being available to back order, also sold out at GAME

Not sure why you're comparing it to AAA titles

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018

you think they shipped much more units? the important thing is game to be on the shelves' stores, and doesn't seem the case

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy

Perhaps it won't have legs but legs must be assessed over a longer period of time.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain

Go figure.

The SOT bundle was £199.99 on Prime day, normal price is £307

WOW ! I understand better the jump in software sales for the Xbox One. That was a very impressive deal indeed. Thanks guys.

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Octopath 1st in France was expected.

The game is still sold out in France. But the Switch strenght in France is frankly above all expectations. To have 5 Switch games in the top 5 in France is very impressive. This is post World Cup, no Fifa ?

The Switch seems to sell strongly this summer everywhere. I agree with the NPD, the Switch will be the best selling system this year. I mean Smash and Pokemon combo is going to be brutal salewise.

EDIT : apologies for the double post.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
The game is still sold out in France. But the Switch strenght in France is frankly above all expectations. To have 5 Switch games in the top 5 in France is very impressive. This is post World Cup, no Fifa ?

The Switch seems to sell strongly this summer everywhere. I agree with the NPD, the Switch will be the best selling system this year. I mean Smash and Pokemon combo is going to be brutal salewise.

Yeah that's weird, the country won the world cup and I haven't seen Fifa in the top 5.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France

Yeah that's weird, the country won the world cup and I haven't seen Fifa in the top 5.

I don't think there's any seasoniality on sports games in France.
World cup probably didn't impacte sales heavily here. And if it does, it was DURING world cup, not after.
I think everyone that was interested in Football already had his copy of the game before the world cup.

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
I don't think there's any seasoniality on sports games in France.
World cup probably didn't impacte sales heavily here. And if it does, it was DURING world cup, not after.
I think everyone that was interested in Football already had his copy of the game before the world cup.

That's still surprising not to see Fifa in the top 5. Fifa is still the best selling game in Europe this week, so it's the proof the World Cup effect is still there.

I think the non-presence of Fifa in the top 5 in France is just a testament on how the Switch is performing greatly there.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-07-21-octopath-traveler-impresses-in-european-charts

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Saw this. Makes sense..

french_colors_of_mario_by_banjo2015-d9gpc7g.png

...until you remember that the Union Jack has the same colour scheme.