• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I would say 75-100k. Previous Nintendo outings for MH in the UK are not an indication in any way, since in the UK the only 3DS games that did reasonably well were all 1st party, or at least non "core" games.
Hmm, MH4U sold 16k-23k (that's the best range I could find). Predicting MHW is hard, since digital has risen a lot and we have no clue how big a percentage MHW digital will be. I think that combined the two will do 40k-45k, so physical maybe 25k-30k? I honestly don't know how to gauge it.
Yeah, a few factors that make predictions tough. The digital aspect is definitely a notable consideration. Anyone's guess really.

75-100K without digital would be excellent.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
In UK, this game will outsell by a good margin every Monster Hunter games. Anything under 40K would not be a good sign.

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think > 60k exluding 30k as digital should be a reasonable expectation.
How is it doing on amazon uk?

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Just saw this - wow, Nintendo is really, completely dead in Australia and NZ.

First thing I noticed was no Switch games at all in the top ten - I get it, Switch costs way too much in Australia. But then I realized - even Pokemon is not there???
Like I said in that post, BotW is #11 in Aus, which isn't that bad. They'll end up doing decently there, but probably still end up in third place. And I'm not sure why you'd expect Pokemon USM to make the top ten but Sun made the top 10 in 2016.

As for NZ, Nintendo and NZ have a mutual disinterest in the other. They don't care about us, we don't care about them. Though Pokemon is the one Nintendo franchise that's popular here, so the Switch should get a bump whenever that comes out but it'll still inevitably end up in distant third place.

Thanks for the charts. Do you know if hard bundle copies are accounted for in those rankings?
Is the list from the NPD group or GFK?
NPD Group but I believe there's some sort of collaboration between them and GfK to gather their data. And I'm not sure if they include hard bundled copies.

Well, problem is Friday release. For both. But i think MHW will chart higher
FYI, almost every new release comes out on Friday in the UK. It doesn't matter, those three days are still when most games make the majority of their full price sales.

Oct 25, 2017
Really hard to predict MHW sales because there's just too many factors at play. It's basically a guessing game.

If the XB1 version manages to match the previous 3DS games launch week numbers, that would be pretty nice.

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully we'll get something like "MHW more than doubled the next best MH launch in UK" in order to approximate numbers.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt the XBox versions will match the 3DS sales, maybe in UK.

freeradical

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw this - wow, Nintendo is really, completely dead in Australia and NZ.

First thing I noticed was no Switch games at all in the top ten - I get it, Switch costs way too much in Australia. But then I realized - even Pokemon is not there???
There is strong demand for Switch but the price is ridiculous compared to the other offers.

And in regards to MHW sales in UK, >25k <30K

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I'm honestly not sure where to begin making a semi-educated guess outside of saying Monster Hunter: World will debut above 25k. We also then have to consider digital sales. I'll be somewhat impressed if it sells >50k physical.

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
MHW: good but slightly lower than predicted (digital game sharing) all my mates are doing it.

Suw4rbox

Alt-Account.
Banned
Dec 2, 2017
https://ukie.org.uk/news/2018/01/capcom-capture-top-spot-no1-debut-'monster-hunter-world'

It's been exactly a year since Capcom scored a No1 on the All Formats Entertainment Software Chart (Resident Evil 7: Biohazard) and the publisher does it again, with the first simultaneous worldwide release for a Monster Hunter title – 'Monster Hunter: World' for PS4/Xbox One debuts at No1 with far higher week 1 sales in the UK than any other Monster Hunter release.

It's not just Capcom that can celebrate this week, as Bandai Namco's long-running 'Dragon Ball' franchise also makes a return to the charts and also sets a new record in terms of chart position, debuting at No2 with 'Dragon Ball Fighterz' for PS4/Xbox One – 2015's 'Dragon Ball Xenoverse' sold around the same units on PS4/Xbox One and previously held the best chart debut at No3 back in week 9, 2015.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That sounds good, wonder if Gamesindustry.biz will provide us with a percentage for the game. Far higher suggests we might be looking 100% or more up from MH4U, maybe? MH4U was up 95% from MH3U, so those kinds of jumps are not unprecedented for the series either.

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That sounds good, wonder if Gamesindustry.biz will provide us with a percentage for the game. Far higher suggests we might be looking 100% or more up from MH4U, maybe? MH4U was up 95% from MH3U, so those kinds of jumps are not unprecedented for the series either.
So predictions of 60k are not so much absurd after all.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Capcom stay winning!

I am really curious to see the software split for Monster Hunter: World. I honestly reckon it will be close to 80:20 in favour of the PlayStation 4.

Also eager to see how Dragon Ball FighterZ has done split wise too.

The Inpatient at number ten is really good for a PlayStation VR only game!

MANUELF

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball Fighter Z debuting selling the same as Xenoverse is good? I though this one had more hype

Paradox House

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom stay winning!

I am really curious to see the software split for Monster Hunter: World. I honestly reckon it will be close to 80:20 in favour of the PlayStation 4.

Also eager to see how Dragon Ball FighterZ has done split wise too.

The Inpatient at number ten is really good for a PlayStation VR only game!

If suggest closer to 90:10 honestly. Just been no promotion for Xbox.

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 ratio for World will likely be incredibly dominant. They seemed to have been responsibly for all the marketing.

Also ouch, SFV:AE at 30.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
im in two minds about dbz , on one hand doing xenoverse numbers is very good because thats a more casual game .on the other hearing reports of its high budget.. tho

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
'Dragon Ball Fighterz' for PS4/Xbox One – 2015's 'Dragon Ball Xenoverse' sold around the same units on PS4/Xbox One and previously held the best chart debut at No3 back in week 9, 2015.

Wait, i have a doubt. Same units on PS4/XB1 means FighterZ = Xenoverse on PS4/XB1 , withouth counting PS3/360?

Because at the time, PS3/360 accounted for 18% of total sales. XV1 sold between 16K and 21K, so, if that's total sales, FighterZ is there. If not, we are looking at 13-17K

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
I own all 3. MK has casual appeal as well as family gaming appeal. And Zelda is a behemoth. My personal preference of the two being better games aside I wouldn't expect a platformer to outsell either of the two games.

Mario games always sell better than Zelda games. That's just a fact. On any Nintendo platform.

The weird thing here is that Odyssey is selling better than Zelda and Mario Kart elsewhere. So why the difference in UK ?

We're talking about game of generation quality games here. And 3 must have games on Switch ( I have them all as well... ).

Status
Not open for further replies.