• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
resetera-gifl9a7h.gif

MmxQTE5.png

United Kingdom:
Week 39, 2018 - All Formats (Units)

Originally Posted by Chart-Track:

01 (NE) FIFA 19 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
02 (01) MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
03 (02) SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER (SQUARE ENIX)
04 (03) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
05 (06) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
06 (05) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
07 (21) THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
08 (04) NBA 2K19 (TAKE 2)
09 (NE) VALKYRIA CHRONICLES 4 (SEGA)
10 (18) MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)

Week 39, 2018 - Individual Formats (Units)

V0NjZR6.png

France:
Week 38, 2018 - Individual Formats (Value)

UJysQu3.png

Germany:
August 2018 - All Formats (Units)

01 (NE) F1 2018 (CODEMASTERS)
02 (08) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
03 (06) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
04 (NE) MADDEN NFL 19 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
05 (07) MINECRAFT (MICROSOFT / NINTENDO / SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
06 (13) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
07 (01) FIFA 18 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
08 (04) CAPTAIN TOAD: TREASURE TRACKER (NINTENDO)
09 (15) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
10 (RE) CALL OF DUTY: WWII (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
11 (05) THE CREW 2 (UBISOFT)
12 (03) MARIO TENNIS ACES (NINTENDO)
13 (10) FAR CRY 5 (UBISOFT)
14 (NE) GO VACATION (NINTENDO)
15 (11) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
16 (NE) MONSTER HUNTER GENERATIONS ULTIMATE (CAPCOM)
17 (RE) NSW SPLATOON 2 (NINTENDO)
18 (RE) DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
19 (16) DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE (NINTENDO)
20 (NE) PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2019 (KONAMI)

Week 39, 2018 - GfK Entertainment Press Note

7SOi6LN.png

Italy:
Week 38, 2018 - Individual Console (Units)

gOnqdLo.png

Switzerland:

nWkUWXZ.png

Denmark:

lBCaZ1R.png

Norway:

ev8uIPG.png

Sweden:

se6Rz4O.png

Australia:

Rd6CnTM.png

New Zealand:

elumVdB.png

Spain:
August 2018 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2019 (KONAMI)
02 (04) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
03 (NE) PC WORLD OF WARCRAFT: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
04 (06) NSW MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
05 (03) NSW SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
06 (NE) PS4 F1 2018 (CODEMASTERS)
07 (05) NSW MARIO TENNIS ACES (NINTENDO)
08 (RE) NSW THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
09 (RE) NSW GO VACATION (NINTENDO)
10 (RE) PS4 GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

ESltXXF.png

Greece:
August 2018 - Individual Formats (Units)

PAL Charts - Week 35, 2018
PAL Charts - Week 36, 2018
PAL Charts - Week 37, 2018
PAL Charts - Week 38, 2018

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
FIFA 19 had another big drop at retail (-25%).

That was the same drop FIFA 18 had compared with the previous entry. It is fair to say though that cumulative sales didn't nearly drop by 25%, more like about 10%.

Anyway in 2 years the series went from a retail launch of over over 1.100.000 units to not much above 600.000.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

That was the same drop FIFA 18 had compared with the previous entry. It is fair to say though that cumulative sales didn't nearly dropped by 25%, more like about 10%.

Anyway in 2 years the series went from a retail launch of over over 1.100.000 units to not much above 600.000.
There are various factors. The biggest being that we have no clue of the digital number unfortunately, so don't have the full picture. There's also the knock on effect of EA Access to consider on XBO which will draw in even more digital players. FIFA is the ultimate jump in and out game, so it's perfect for digital really, as such I can imagine digital numbers will have increased across the board.

Also, the retail pricing for FIFA 19 is crazy - I saw it in Sainsbury's for a whopping £52.99 - it was only a couple of years ago that you could pick up brand new FIFA for £39.99 in the supermarket.

And finally, consumers have becomed accustomed to DLC updates and probably feel more than a little ripped off having to buy an entire new game every year just to get the teams up to date. Clearly EA will be keeping the existing model going as long as they possibly can, but this could be the beginning of the end for annual FIFA releases, and perhaps in a few years the market will dictate the necessity for annual DLC updates either instead of in addition to the full annual entire game releases. That's still a good while off though, whilst the games are still easily breaking 15m+ each year worldwide.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

That was the same drop FIFA 18 had compared with the previous entry. It is fair to say though that cumulative sales didn't nearly drop by 25%, more like about 10%.

Does the latest FIFA have World Cup content? That could be a reason for people to stay with the old one if the new one didn't have it.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Hoping for a sales update on that eventually.
We know at the very least that it doubled (I think even more than that) its total sales between the 1 million announcement and today in Japan. Legs in other regions were pretty good also so I'm quite sure it is above 2 million by now. I think we will get an update by year's end for sure

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
We are now entering the exciting period for sales threads. Next week we have Assassin's Creed and Forza, then after that Black Ops 4, RDR2 a couple weeks after that, then all of November and December.

After all that, we will have digital charts in 2019.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
We know at the very least that it doubled (I think even more than that) its total sales between the 1 million announcement and today in Japan. Legs in other regions were pretty good also so I'm quite sure it is above 2 million by now. I think we will get an update by year's end for sure

What do you mean by that?

And yeah I think it's over 2mil right now.

Emilijo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Four best selling games for 2018. in UK:

1. FIFA 19
2. Marvel's Spider-Man
3. Far Cry 5
4. God of War

Oct 25, 2017
We are now entering the exciting period for sales threads. Next week we have Assassin's Creed and Forza, then after that Black Ops 4, RDR2 a couple weeks after that, then all of November and December.

After all that, we will have digital charts in 2019.
And that is January 2019, yeah?

Four best selling games for 2018. in UK:

1. FIFA 19
2. Marvel's Spider-Man
3. Far Cry 5
4. God of War
Spider-Man and God of War should be able to stay in top 10 for the year.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Those FIFA sales are kinda surprising even if they don't include digital, i wonder what sales gonna looks like next year.

P.S
I heard we will have digital sales included in 2019, is that correct?

talkTOmyHAND

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Curious to see how much is disparity in sales numbers between Spidey and Tomb Raider this week. Even if Tomb Raider is at No. 3. curious about sales numbers previous week

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Damn FIFA 19 on the PS3 sold better than the Xbox version of VC and FIFA 19 on 360 sold better than the PS4 and Switch VC individually.

Crash PS4 ahead of Switch for the first time I think since the new versions released.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I expected fifa to be flat at best this year, the word of mouth just didn't seem to be there. Expected way more growth on Switch though that's a horrible performance.

Oct 27, 2017
Just to put things into perspective, more people have bought FIFA on the Switch this week than Dragonball Fighterz, VC4 and Namco Museum Pac combined. Three games that are arguably fitting for the Switch audience. Just because FIFA is a beast on the PS and XBOX in the UK, it doesn't mean the Switch version flopped at all. I have no doubt EA are pleased with the result.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Just to put things into perspective, more people have bought FIFA on the Switch this week than Dragonball Fighterz, VC4 and Namco Museum Pac combined. Three games that are arguably fitting for the Switch audience. Just because FIFA is a beast on the PS and XBOX in the UK, it doesn't mean the Switch version flopped at all. I have no doubt EA are pleased with the result.
6k is a terrible debut. There is no reason why it should be that low after a 8k debut last year.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
6k is a terrible debut. There is no reason why it should be that low after a 8k debut last year.
Of course there are reasons, its a sub par version of Fifa that they want £45 for. This is after those that bought it last year got burned by finding out there was no friend online play

They'd have sold more copies releasing a legacy edition and charging £30 for it, its pretty much a legacy version anyway

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Oh so NSW>360 this year for FIFA. Wasn't it the opposite last year?

Also why isn't PS3 tracked? Is the game still getting released on that platform?

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Firewall have been doing well for a VR game.

I was going to say the same thing. Only other VR only game that's charted this long is VR worlds because its bundled with all headsets.

I wonder what the WW sales figures are. I'm hoping they're enough to sustain the community long enough for some more updates. I'm also keen to see updated sales figures for PSVR...maybe with some more discounting around BF it could be a good present purchase, since there are no HW launches or revisions this year. It's getting close to "fuck it" price now that it has great bundles for under £200.

DukeBlue

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Hmm spidey legs looking good but a lil questionable.

Fifa continues to dominate even after the shit EA pulls, oh well

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017

All that tells us is that all of those games sold worse than a game that already sold an extremely unremarkable amount of units.

I mean we have actual unit sales for this game. 6k is quite literally nothing to write home about.