• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Now that i think about it, 28% ratio for Xbox One is really impressive for a japanese game heavily advertised by Sony.

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017
The Bandicoot is still in the top 15? <3

I am among the sales for MHW (and Fighter Z) figured I should see what all this MH fuss was about, have heard people rave about it for years.

Do these charts include Amazon? I buy pretty much all my physical games from there

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Zhuge what sold more at retail: MH4U or the XBOX version of World?

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Mario Kart 8 legs

mariogifi1.gif

That's not how Mario Kart works though :p

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo announced on Wednesday that MK8D is the best selling game on the Switch.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
I think it will be close, but Europe will hurt.

but hey, I didn't expect 5m so soon, so i'll hold my tongue
I think it won't sell a lot more past 200k in Europe in my opinion. These UK numbers are probably the highest it will get. Continental Europe and ROTW is gonna be much more brutal in terms of splits.
Meanwhile I think MHW on PS4 will be a Million-2 Million seller in Europe.

My guess is 900k in a year for the Xbox one version.

Last edited:

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
The only surprise here is that PS4 DBZ didn't outsell Xbox MHW. So MH certainly had a very impressive opening week. Split wise is very much as expected. But I'd be more suprised if the Xbox has any legs.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Just realised Lost Sphear didn't chart. That's disappointing but SE really should have put a better budget price on that one. Oh well.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Also thought the split would be higher for PS4, especially with Capcom seemingly going out of their way to make sure Xbox version definitely didn't stand a chance. Still a massive split though. And that's probably the closed market WW, well maybe NA is closer now.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
looks like Xbox having better versions hasn't gone mainstream. Those splits are insane.

People actually expected that? EU is Playstation land with Nintendo with a strong presence too.

Xbox is pretty much... Well how can I say this... You know... lacking way behind in sales.

Last edited:

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if MHW debuted higher or lower than RE VII last year? I couldn'T find the information in the OP (I would assume lower though as they would have stated it)

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do we know if MHW debuted higher or lower than RE VII last year? I couldn'T find the information in the OP (I would assume lower though as they would have stated it)

It's about the same. REVII got 1 + 2 spots on the individual chart with PS4 the best selling SKU and combined they were around 85k.

So yeah RE was ever so slightly better, if we're to interpret Zhuge's post putting MHW below 80k.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
The two German industry associations, BIU and GAME, are (finally) merging: https://www.game.de/en/blog/2018/01...nterests-of-the-entire-german-games-industry/
The German games industry is moving closer together: in the future, a joint association will represent the industry's interests vis-à-vis government, society and the media. Today in Berlin, the members of the two previous associations, BIU and GAME joined forces, merging under the new name 'game – the German Games Industry Association'.

It appears the charts and BIU Sales Awards, renamed as game Sales Awards, will continue to be published in the future: https://www.game.de/marktdaten/

Status
Not open for further replies.