• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Hmm, I doubt that. UK has proven to be an understated region for the Switch (as in, it's not selling as well as it is elsewhere relative to PS4 and XB1), and UK represents less than 4% of total Switch owners, so I think DOOM will have done much better than 50k by now (I would think it's over 100k by now).

There's every chance it's done twice that number, as pointed out above.

Tying to extrapolate WW based solely on U.K. numbers for this system is futile.

To be fair, it's just my personal observation going by a combination of the handful of guesstimates and numbers we do know, as well as my own gut feeling, especially after knowing how (underwhelming) FIFA sold. Sales wise, I don't think DOOM has set the world alight on the Switch however, I would thoroughly love to be proven wrong!

Going forward, I'd love to see as many Bethesda published games on the Switch as possible.

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Some data that will be useful to know how the new releases of this week have performed.

Star Wars Battlefront - 334,000
Pokémon Sun / Moon - 290,000
L.A. Noire - 246,000
Lego Marvel Super Heroes - 76,000

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some data that will be useful to know how the new releases of this week have performed.

Star Wars Battlefront - 334,000
Pokémon Sun / Moon - 290,000
L.A. Noire - 246,000
Lego Marvel Super Heroes - 76,000

Holy wauw at that first week for BF. With increased digital and bad WoM I expect mjeh things.

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
'Call of Duty: WWII' camps out the top stop for a third week

Activision Blizzard's 'Call of Duty: WWII' retains the No1 spot for a third week since launch, narrowly holding off EA's 'Star Wars Battlefront II' which launched on Tuesday and Friday this week for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

EA drop one place to No3 with 'FIFA 18'. Nintendo debut in similar positions to last year's Pokemon Sun/Moon with 'Pokemon Ultra Sun' debuting at No4 and 'Pokemon Ultra Moon' at No5. Other new entries this week include EA's PS4/Xbox One 'The Sims 4' at No7, Rockstar/Take 2's PS4, Xbox One and Switch 'L.A. Noire Remastered' at No8 and Warner's PS4, Xbox One 'Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2' in at No10.

Bethesda's PS4 'The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR' debuts at No19 as the most successful 3rd party week 1 launch for a VR-required title on PS4 (Sony's 2016 launch title 'Playstation VR Worlds' is No1 and 2017's 'Farpoint' is No2). On other PS VR related news, Sony's 'Playstation VR Worlds' shoots back in to the charts at No21on the back of massive promotional activity, centrered around the PS VR headset. Bethesda's Switch version of 'The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim' is the last of the new releases within the Top 40, debuting at No26.

https://ukie.org.uk/news/2017/11/‘call-duty-wwii’-camps-out-top-stop-third-week

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Most likely a 50% drop for Star Wars Battlefront II and Pokémon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon didn't reach 100,000 units.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim didn't do better than Doom on Nintendo Switch.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
- Call of Duty in its third week ahead of Battlefront, oh boy..
- Sims 4 > L.A. Noire > Lego Marvel 2 can't be good for the latter two
- Skyrim VR > Skyrim Switch, hot damn

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
It's a pity that Skyrim didn't do better than Doom on Switch. Hopefully it's just an UK thing because otherwise that doesn't look too good for 3rd parties.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I probably shouldn't be at this point, but surprised at Skyrim Switch not doing too good. Thought for sure it'd at least beat Doom and Skyrim VR.

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
I never expected a strong opening for these ports, although it is true I had bigger expectations for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim than this launch. I have always thought it is a good fit for the console and a game that will have steady sales over time due to lack of competition in its genre.

Oh well the controversy surrounding Battlefront didn't help.

Fact or speculation about USUM?

Speculation based on both Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon being below FIFA 18.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Eeeh...Skyrim Switch doesn't seem so high in UK unfortunately.

I wonder how L.A. Noire did though: on Amazon.co.uk, it's been PS4 > Switch > One, curious to see if it's just them or if it's a general trend.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Weird that they're separating the Pokemon games, they don't usually do that do they?

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fully expecting Skyrim Switch to be mostly digital sales.

I wonder if you can be considered a bomba even at number 2.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I am very interested at LA Noire split. Sonic sold more on Switch than PS4 but it is Sonic. A M-rated game like LA noire will be more telling.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I never expected a strong opening for these ports, although it is true I had bigger expectations for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim than this launch. I have always thought it is a good fit for the console and a game that will have steady sales over time due to lack of competition in its genre.

I imagine this will be true going forward, but only once it hits a more enticing price point.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Skyrim Switch seems quite disappointing, even by UK standards. Hopefully it's not a worldwide trend.

Quite interested to see the sales split for LA Noire. We should be getting a breakdown since it's broken into the top 10, right?

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
It's a pity that Skyrim didn't do better than Doom on Switch. Hopefully it's just an UK thing because otherwise that doesn't look too good for 3rd parties.
They were charging £50 for what is effectively a 6 year old game, one that most people who are interested likely already own on at least one other platform. Great game as it is, that price will likely put at least some potential customers off. I know I'm trying to decide whether I really want to spend £40-£50 on a game I've already bought on another platform.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Well well, I'm kinda surprised SW BF didn't take No.1 spot.
I'm sure digital gives it a great boost but EA would've expected to sell more physical units than CoD in week 3 I imagine.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
They were charging £50 for what is effectively a 6 year old game, one that most people who are interested likely already own on at least one other platform. Great game as it is, that price will likely put at least some potential customers off. I know I'm trying to decide whether I really want to spend £40-£50 on a game I've already bought on another platform.
It didn't stop the remastered versions on PS4/XB1 from selling big, though. You could argue that people don't want to buy the remaster again 1 year later, but even then I would expect more than ~5k sales (if that).

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017

It sold worse than Skyrim VR. There's really no way to spin this. Let's hope this is just limited to UK.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Skyrim has also been undershipped. Amazon doesn't have a copy since launch and 3rd party are selling it 10£ above the initial price.

It seems that it is not a UK only problem. It is unavailable on Amazon.fr until 30/11 and fnac has charged it 15€ above its initial price (65€!) after a few days.

Ferrasvansen

Oct 25, 2017
Azeroth(Scotland)
Skyrim has also been undershipped. Amazon doesn't have a copy since launch and 3rd party are selling it 10£ above the initial price.

It seems that it is not a UK only problem. It is unavailable on Amazon.fr until 30/11 and fnac has charged it 15€ above its initial price (65€!) after a few days.

That's true for Amazon, but it's available on Game,Simply games and Thegamecollection so it's still widely available. In the end the price just hurts too much I mean the Remastered ps4 version was as low as £30 on some sites and £34 on Amazon.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
For me it is looking more and more like that UK is treating Switch differently from US and even other european markets. It is quite similar of what we saw with the 3DS last gen.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
That's true for Amazon, but it's available on Game,Simply games and Thegamecollection so it's still widely available. In the end the price just hurts too much I mean the Remastered ps4 version was as low as £30 on some sites and £34 on Amazon.

I am not selling it is sold out and people are craving for it but it might be in line with their expectations.

toutoune134

Nov 7, 2017
How many copies did Pokémon Black 2 White 2 sell during its first week in the UK? What was the percentage drop compared to black and white?

Ferrasvansen

Oct 25, 2017
Azeroth(Scotland)
I am not selling it is sold out and people are craving for it but it might be in line with their expectations.

Possibly, but to me would have made more sense to sell it at less than £30 and try and attract many more of the previous buyers who just wanted it to play on the move they would have sold many more I reckon to easily offset the reduced price, who knows was hoping they would bring Fallout to Switch not sure that will happen now.

Deleted member 59

Possibly, but to me would have made more sense to sell it at less than £30 and try and attract many more of the previous buyers who just wanted it to play on the move they would have sold many more I reckon to easily offset the reduced price, who knows was hoping they would bring Fallout to Switch not sure that will happen now.

We've said this time and time again, don't judge a games WW potential just on it's UK performance.

Rellik

Oct 28, 2017
Remember that digital adoption had a rise lately on the UK. Not that any bomba could be saved but I'm almost sure that Battlefront II didn't sell 200.000 units less than Battlefront I when total sales are counted..

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
For me it is looking more and more like that UK is treating Switch differently from US and even other european markets. It is quite similar of what we saw with the 3DS last gen.
I find it odd that the Switch is getting less love over here. I wasn't a fan of the 3DS due to the hardware (preferred the Vita to be honest, love Nintendo's 1st party games on the 3DS though) so I rarely used mine. I love my Switch however - exactly what I wanted in terms of the next Nintendo console/handheld. Only reason why I didn't grab Doom and Skyrim was because I already own both on the PS4 (though I have played Skyrim on the Switch and was super impressed with it).

Status
Not open for further replies.