• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
You also won't see them as you won't find it on any charts by sales tracking organisations. If you only go by public data, the closest you'll find are Amazon rankings, which are kinda flawed to gauge success. But even with those, and even with the Switch-only rankings, you have to scroll a bit to find Doom.
Monthly amazon France ranking has Doom at 58th. UK has Doom at 37th. However, Skyrim is 89th on UK amazon, while it is 31th on amazon France. As you say, it really is not a good tool for discerning more than accelerating sales over a period of time. As such, I won't take it as evidence for this: we'll hear about the performance of these games from Hines at some point most likely (or we won't and no more games get announced, which is a good indication too).
And mind that niche games (games like Doom are niche games on Nintendo platforms, at least in Europe - America is a bit different) often sell relatively better on Amazon than elsewhere.
Hold on, how does that work? If this is true, then the audience buying Doom on PS4/XB1 is a markedly different audience than on Switch. This sounds like the fact that a game is niche on the platform is more of a predictor for its relative performance on amazon than the actual audience itself.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Man, UK really isn't too fond of Nintendo, huh? Hopefully it has an easier life in other UE territories.

Jimmyfenix

Oct 25, 2017
DPEVRduWsAAD7IK.jpg

i am guessing bundles are doing work for Fifa 18

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Fifa seemed disappointing and lacked features from other platforms. Skyrim is old and expensive. Doom is £9.49 on PS4 or £40 on Switch. Unless a lot of casual Switch users don't see price as an issue and REALLY value the portable aspect I am not surprised at all these third party ports haven't been large successes so far. Maybe they should give customers a reason to support cross platform games on Switch, so far I personally haven't seen many reasons.

Skyrim must now be on its 3rd remaster in a decade, one of these days it will hit a wall, especially if Bethesda want to push it at full price.

Will be interesting to see how it sells in the US, I personally think it struggles at this price but perhaps the US will suddenly have a surge in interest in seeing Whiterun again. Though personally suspect this games issues will go far beyond the same old "the UK doesn't like Nintendo" stuff people like to say in these threads. Compelling Nintendo games tend to do just fine - full priced Skyrim isnt

Again, you're focusing on the details, like finding excuses. Excuses which might be also real. It doesn't matter. Excuses don't greenlight ports.

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017
Again, you're focusing on the details, like finding excuses. Excuses which might be also real. It doesn't matter. Excuses don't greenlight ports.

Details are everything. If they are going to keep launching ports with "details" like 4 times the price of the PS4 version, maybe they shouldn't bother greenlighting them at all. Half assed third party support is little better than none.

Is a mediocre version of Fifa on Switch much better than no Switch on Fifa?

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Details are everything. If they are going to keep launching ports with "details" like 4 times the price of the PS4 version, maybe they shouldn't bother greenlighting them at all.

Well, your desire might be heard if the sales don't pick up in other markets.

Is a mediocre version of Fifa on Switch better than no Switch on Fifa?

Definitely. And I would say that it's a good version of FIFA, not a mediocre one.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So can anyone shine some light on NFS sales here.

NFS Rivals (2013) - Sold most among these 2 installments I guess. This game is still fairly high in my country's Best Selling Amazon list.
Need for Speed (2015) - Too far behind as per Amazon legs I guess. Maybe wrong according to initial NFS hype for this game.
NFS Payback (2017) - ?

With worst reviews yet, If NFS Payback sells less than NFS'15 which sold equal / less / NotmuchBetter than Rivals,..should we start worrying about Ghost Games or future of AAA arcade racers on Sony platform. Or NFS sells enough to justify that 2 year development cycle for EA.

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017
Well, your desire might be heard if the sales don't pick up in other markets.

Probably. I got bored of the 2nd tier third party Nintendo ports several generations ago. Companies should focus on making games tailored for the Switch or on (with comparable gameplay and price with other platforms) Switch version of modern games that suit the system.

A Switch version of the recent South Park game? At a similar price to other systems? You wouldn't have heard moaning from me about details from me, I would have been busy buying it day 1. But the "details" of the new Fifa port quickly ended my interest.

Jimmyfenix

Oct 25, 2017
So can anyone shine some light on NFS sales here.

NFS Rivals (2013) - Sold most among these 2 installments I guess. This game is still fairly high in my country's Best Selling Amazon list.
Need for Speed (2015) - Too far behind as per Amazon legs I guess. Maybe wrong according to initial NFS hype for this game.
NFS Payback (2017) - ?

With worst reviews yet, If NFS Payback sells less than NFS'15 which sold equal / less / NotmuchBetter than Rivals,..should we start worrying about Ghost Games or future of AAA arcade racers on Sony platform. Or NFS sells enough to justify that 2 year development cycle for EA.

We should assume EA will put need for speed down

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Probably. I got bored of the 2nd tier third party Nintendo ports several generations ago. Companies should focus on making games tailored for the Switch or on (with comparable gameplay and price with other platforms) Switch version of modern games that suit the system.

A Switch version of the recent South Park game? At a similar price to other systems? You wouldn't have heard moaning from me about details from me, I would have been busy buying it day 1. But the "details" of the new Fifa port quickly ended my interest.

Again you're missing the big picture of the troublesome relation between western third parties and Nintendo systems in the past many years. It's not an easy thing to restart. Just look at how Bethesda deciding to suddenly port their games to Switch was met with a great surprise. And with 3 announced ports. Activision for example just doesn't care. I don't understand how that's better from your point of view, honestly it sounds like schadenfreude to me.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
I personally bought SkyrimVR digitally, I know a few others that did the same so i'm sure the numbers are higher overall as quite a few of us here in the uk have gone all digital. Ironic really the switch version gets a ton of reviews, Even though it's not much different. The VR version which is a game changer with the moves got hardly any coverage and sold better, Based probably on user feedback.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
People spinning themselves into a tizzy to excuse these big/old game release flops on Switch. Comparing Nintendo in UK to XB in Japan is beyond laughable. Believing Skyrim is somehow breaking all trends by selling monstrously digitally is a hell of a stretch despite there being patchy physical availability, I'll be waiting for actual figures rather than screenshots of an online storefront before I'm convinced.

Not surprising Skyrim Switch underperformed... It's a full priced port of a game from a half-dozen years ago who's only innovation is the fact that you can play it on the go.

And all the ps4/xb1 SE had was a layer of polish, no game-changing gimmicks, but it still did better week #1 physical numbers than the likes of Deus Ex, Forza 3, Titanfall 2, Gears 4... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think a digital push will be the way moving forward for Switch and good for publishers too.

System storage says no. The push might effectively be enforced on publishers due to the massive risk and prohibitive costs of putting out software on cart, but it's real hard to see Switch gaining any traction whatsoever as a digital platform when storage space issues are so blatant on the base machine. There's still a hefty premium to expanding storage to even anything like a mere fraction of a 4 year old launch ps4/xb1 console.

Nintendo is where it is in stature and perception because of simplicity, there's very little chance the platform is going to bust past a critical mass of sales if tiny carts and big installs are to be the norm, not without a quickfire replacement unit with oodles more storage space built in - it's in Nintendo's interest to make this happen if they seriously want to court 3rd parties. People who buy Nintendo generally don't want faff and further expense. Sure, to anyone sat here reading ERA, simply purchasing and inserting a memory card is no big deal, but unless it comes in the shape of a newer upgraded box I see very little of this taking place in the wider, properly casual audience. It's the system's Achilles heel, to a lesser extent than Vita, but it's there nonetheless. Publishers won't be blind to this. When big games sell poorly digitally the writing will be on the wall. Any barrier to that speedy impulse buy is a huge red flag for publishers and should be for Nintendo themselves. And like the Vita, people simply aren't going to fall over themselves to play and demand the usual suspect large multiplats on the platform, noone is buying into Switch for that. FIFA and these older remasters are relatively cheap and simply ways to dip a toe and test the waters, it remains to be seen how they perform digitally, my guess is somewhere in the region of pisspoor to meh.

I personally bought SkyrimVR digitally, I know a few others that did the same so i'm sure the numbers are higher overall as quite a few of us here in the uk have gone all digital. Ironic really the switch version gets a ton of reviews, Even though it's not much different. The VR version which is a game changer with the moves got hardly any coverage and sold better, Based probably on user feedback.

yeah, anyone who has used PS.VR for more than a few weeks soon learns that digital is the only way. Changing discs when you've got a headset on is... well, who the feck wants to do that? Digital worth the hassle-free premium.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
Updated 100k+ sellers for Germany this gen

PS4

FIFA 17 - 1.5 million
FIFA 18 - 1 million
FIFA 15 - 500k
FIFA 16 - 500k
GTAV - 500k
CoD: Black Ops 3 - 500k
Uncharted 4 - 500k
Battlefield 1 - 500k
AC: Syndicate - 200k
AC: Unity - 200k
CoD: Advanced Warfare - 200k
CoD: Infinite Warfare - 200k
Far Cry 4 - 200k
Far Cry Primal - 200k
FIFA 14 - 200k
Fallout 4 - 200k
Need for Speed - 200k
Star Wars: Battlefront - 200k
Watch_Dogs - 200k
Watch Dogs 2 - 200k
TLoU: Remastered - 200k
Destiny - 200k
DRIVECLUB - 200k
The Division - 200k
Mafia 3 - 200k
The Witcher 3 - 200k
Final Fantasy XV - 200k
Horizon Zero Dawn - 200k
Ghost Recon Wildlands - 200k
Resident Evil 7 - 200k
Crash Bandicoot - 200k
Assassin's Creed 4 - 100k
Assassin's Creed Origins - 100k
Battlefield 4 - 100k
CoD: Ghosts - 100k
Killzone: Shadow Fall - 100k
inFamous: SS - 100k
Shadow of Mordor - 100k
NFS Rivals - 100k
The Evil Within - 100k
Dragon Age: Inquisition - 100k
Battlefield: Hardline - 100k
The Crew - 100k
Minecraft - 100k
The Order - 100k
Batman: Arkham Knight - 100k
Bloodborne - 100k
Project CARS - 100k
MGSV: TPP - 100k
Until Dawn - 100k
Just Cause 3 - 100k
Rainbow Six - 100k
DOOM - 100k
No Man's Sky - 100k
Rise of the Tomb Raider - 100k
Dark Souls 3 - 100k
Skyrim - 100k
F1 2016 - 100k
Farming Simulator 2017 - 100k
For Honor - 100k
Madden NFL 17 - 100k
NBA 2K17 - 100k
Mass Effect: Andromeda - 100k
The Last Guardian - 100k
Uncharted: TLL - 100k
Destiny 2 - 100k
Gran Turismo Sport - 100k

Xbox One

Forza Horizon 3 - 200k
GTAV - 100k
FIFA 15 - 100k
FIFA 16 - 100k
FIFA 17 - 100k
FIFA 18 - 100k
Black Ops 3 - 100k
HALO 5 - 100k
Battlefield 1 - 100k

Switch
Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 200k
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 200k
Super Mario Odyssey - 100k

Wii U

Mario Kart 8 - 200k
Super Mario 3D World - 100k
Super Smash Bros - 100k
Splatoon - 100k
Mario Party 10 - 100k
Super Mario Maker - 100k
Yoshi's Woolly World - 100k

until dawn is 100k in Germany? Germany is best country in EU confirmed.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
People spinning themselves into a tizzy to excuse these big/old game release flops on Switch. Comparing Nintendo in UK to XB in Japan is beyond laughable. Believing Skyrim is somehow breaking all trends by selling monstrously digitally is a hell of a stretch despite there being patchy physical availability, I'll be waiting for actual figures rather than screenshots of an online storefront before I'm convinced.

And all the ps4/xb1 SE had was a layer of polish, no game-changing gimmicks, but it still did better week #1 physical numbers than the likes of Deus Ex, Forza 3, Titanfall 2, Gears 4... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

System storage says no. The push might effectively be enforced on publishers due to the massive risk and prohibitive costs of putting out software on cart, but it's real hard to see Switch gaining any traction whatsoever as a digital platform when storage space issues are so blatant on the base machine. There's still a hefty premium to expanding storage to even anything like a mere fraction of a 4 year old launch ps4/xb1 console.

Nintendo is where it is in stature and perception because of simplicity, there's very little chance the platform is going to bust past a critical mass of sales wif tiny carts and big installs are to be the norm, not without a quickfire replacement unit with oodles more storage space built in - it's in Nintendo's interest to make this happen if they seriously want to court 3rd parties. People who buy Nintendo generally don't want faff and further expense. Sure, to anyone sat here reading ERA, simply purchasing and inserting a memory card is no big deal, but unless it comes in the shape of a newer upgraded box I see very little of this taking place in the wider, properly casual audience. It's the system's Achilles heel, to a lesser extent than Vita, but it's there nonetheless. Publishers won't be blind to this. When big games sell poorly digitally the writing will be on the wall. Any barrier to that speedy impulse buy is a huge red flag for publishers and should be for Nintendo themselves. And like the Vita, people simply aren't going to fall over themselves to play and demand the usual suspect large multiplats on the platform, noone is buying into Switch for that. FIFA and these older remasters are relatively cheap and simply ways to dip a toe and test the waters, it remains to be seen how they perform digitally, my guess is somewhere in the region of pisspoor to meh.

yeah, anyone who has used PS.VR for more than a few weeks soon learns that digital is the only way. Changing discs when you've got a headset on is... well, who the feck wants to do that? Digital worth the hassle-free premium.

I dont think the storage issue is as big a deal as you're making it. The Switch functions in part as a portable and generally speaking those have less storage and are often expected to be expandable. There isn't much on the Switch right now that would require you to go past a 128GB care. We know the digital ratio on the Switch is about 22%. So its not like there is a particularly huge aversion to digital on the platform even if its a good chunk lower than retail.

This isn't to imply however that all these games have some insane digital ratio. They don't. Just that I dont think the storage is a huge issue.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I dont think the storage issue is as big a deal as you're making it. The Switch functions in part as a portable and generally speaking those have less storage and are often expected to be expandable. There isn't much on the Switch right now that would require you to go past a 128GB care. We know the digital ratio on the Switch is about 22%. So its not like there is a particularly huge aversion to digital on the platform even if its a good chunk lower than retail.

Well it's half a year in, the hardcore are the ones owning units, not casuals, there's not been an xmas yet. Bigger games going forwards, more casual purchasers, that 22% might even fall in the next 6 months.

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017
Again you're missing the big picture of the troublesome relation between western third parties and Nintendo systems in the past many years. It's not an easy thing to restart. Just look at how Bethesda deciding to suddenly port their games to Switch was met with a great surprise. And with 3 announced ports. Activision for example just doesn't care. I don't understand how that's better from your point of view, honestly it sounds like schadenfreude to me.

Yea the relationship is troublesome between Nintendo and third party support. However I don't feel that the best way to reset that relationship and encourage people to buy 3rd party games on Switch is by selling games for twice or four times the price you can buy them for on other systems. If you are going to try to revive third party Nintendo market I personally I would rather see it done via games that are given the best possible chance to succeed - and for many more casual gamers (exactly the type they need rather than the fans they already have on sites like that) price is a huge factor and if they go to Amazon and see Doom for £40 or £9 which do you think they will buy? But perhaps I am wrong, maybe Doom and Skyrim will sell much better than I think.

Yea Activation doesn't care and that is probably better than some sort of buggy half assed feature incomplete COD port. But if they wanted to bring out something like Crash, at the same time as the XBOX/PC release and at the same price point? I think that would do very well and would give people a compelling reason to buy a third party game. I think Switch would be a great fit for a game like Crash. As I mentioned before I think South Park would have also been a great game on Switch and was disappointed that Ubisoft didn't go in that direction. These are examples of games that could run with a full feature set on switch at a competitive price and these are the projects I would like to see greenlighted rather than incomplete versions of Fifa and very expensive ports of Skyrim.

But you disagree and that's fine. I shall leave it at that

imt558

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
. And its word of mouth is a disaster.

Disaster in which things? Surely it's not online ( well, that's a main focus after all ), driving, graphics, livery. You can argue about content surely, but you also need to take in consoderation that game is GAAS type now and it will be heavily supported via free DLC's

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Alright to answer both sides.
Yes this debut is a disappointment; however, sometimes using just the UK as a metric for how a game did is good(FIFA) or bad(Xenoverse 2/ARMS). I would wait for Bethesda's Q3 Investor's Call.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Well it's half a year in, the hardcore are the ones owning units, not casuals, there's not been an xmas yet. Bigger games going forwards, more casual purchasers, that 22% might even fall in the next 6 months.

Maybe maybe not. I don't think it's hardcore vs casual that drives digital. I think its convenience and price. A lot of digital sales occur simply because on XBL and PSN games get really deep digital discounts that makes picking them up easy. Account systems are better as well. But I dont think it's a good assumption to assume 1 christmas will occur and digital tanks.

Even WiiU was 10-15% digital.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

The digital revenue is growing. I see no reason why that growth will decline now. A portable is handy for digital downloads.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
In what sense is the UK an outlier in terms of software? The games that are not selling very well in the UK (e.g. FIFA18, Doom) aren't really doing better in other European countries either. Meanwhile, the games that are doing well in the UK (Mario+Rabbids, Nintendo games) are also doing well in the rest of Europe.
Each country has différents tastes. SO we can't really draw a big picture from just the UK.

For exemple, in France, the WiiU during a few years sold more than the Xbox One.
UK i probably the only country in the world where you'll see crickets games charting. Same with Deutchland and simulators.

Nintendo hasn't been very strong in UK. It's still a big market in amount for them, but it's not in marketshare

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't look like Wolfenstein has done well in Germany. 10th below GTA V. GT Sport is 4th with a 100k sales award. Can't be big numbers further down but there won't be any hysteria about it.

I'd love for the UK to go monthly and not bother announcing two days after launch that such and such a game is down. There's been a consistent pattern of the same games being down in the US but they don't make the headlines except Destiny 2. With digital and games being down in other places I'd like to see monthly with sales awards.

Desless1

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Nordic Games Sales Top 10 Multiplatform, Nov. 20, 2017
Numbers provided by GSD

Nordic Top 10:

CP W 45 2017 LP W 44 2017 Title Name
1 1 CALL OF DUTY: WWII
2 - NEED FOR SPEED: PAYBACK
3 3 FIFA 18
4 2 ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS
5 49 CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE
6 - FOOTBALL MANAGER 2018
7 4 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY
8 - SONIC FORCES
9 6 NHL 18
10 113 WORLD OF WARCRAFT GAME CARD

Denmark Top 10:

3 2 FIFA 18
4 3 ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS
5 - FOOTBALL MANAGER 2018
6 53 CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE
7 11 JUST DANCE 2018
8 5 GRAND THEFT AUTO V
9 - SONIC FORCES
10 4 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY

Norway Top 10:

2 4 FIFA 18
3 - NEED FOR SPEED: PAYBACK
5 3 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY
6 93 CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE
7 - FOOTBALL MANAGER 2018
8 - WORLD OF WARCRAFT GAME CARD
9 - SONIC FORCES
10 23 OVERWATCH

Sweden Top 10:

3 3 FIFA 18
6 58 CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE
7 110 WORLD OF WARCRAFT GAME CARD
8 6 NHL 18
9 4 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY
10 - SONIC FORCES

Finland Top 10:

Due to insufficient data, it is unfortunately not possible to create a valid Top 10 for Finland.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
US sales should be more interesting for games such as LA Noire, Doom, and maybe even Skyrim. Nintendo is marketing Switch more as a family-friendly system in Europe, and if you look at what sells well over here you can also see that. It's no surprise that Mario+Rabbids is by far the best selling 3rd party game on the system.

Skyrim has received plenty promotion here in the UK, so I don't believe you can level that as a complaint. I honestly thought that Skyrim may have been the game that broke the terrible 3rd party record on Switch in the UK.

Mario & Rabbids is selling because it's a Mario game. It hardly counts as a demonstration of third party games selling well on a Nintendo console.

PAL Charts - Where everybody knows Nintendo games will bomb but we act surprised anyways.

First party Switch games have been tremendously successful on Switch. Switch software is selling, just not 3rd party IP.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Only 3rd Party Games on switch bomb in the UK. Doesn't mean the UK isn't strong for Nintendo.
Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario and Rabbids(yes I know it's 3rd Party since Ubisoft made it but it's essentially a weird Mario game(in a good way)), Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, and 1 2 Switch have sold extremely well.
I mean highest debuting Mario Kart, Zelda, 3D Mario, and Splatoon is pretty impressive(well Splatoon was expected but yeah).

However, I feel this doesn't mean doom for 3rd Party support on Switch. Europe is more likely to look into value proposition as well as marketing as an influencer. The ports are rather expensive in Europe and as a whole have not done well. This ain't to say they bombed as NA is more prone to buy these ports despite the price looking steep for many. Also the Switch is not being marketed as a hardcore console in Europe and is instead being marketed towards families. We see in the US; however, that the console is being marketed towards teens and young adults. I think as a result of this the discrepancy between games such as DOOM, Skyrim, and LA Noire sales in US will be rather large compared to European Sales. I do believe these games will end up as successes either way. So in conclusion, despite disappointment in one country, it does not mean it's going to flop all together worldwide.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Updated 100k+ sellers for Germany this gen

PS4

FIFA 17 - 1.5 million
FIFA 18 - 1 million
FIFA 15 - 500k
FIFA 16 - 500k
GTAV - 500k
CoD: Black Ops 3 - 500k
Uncharted 4 - 500k
Battlefield 1 - 500k
AC: Syndicate - 200k
AC: Unity - 200k
CoD: Advanced Warfare - 200k
CoD: Infinite Warfare - 200k
Far Cry 4 - 200k
Far Cry Primal - 200k
FIFA 14 - 200k
Fallout 4 - 200k
Need for Speed - 200k
Star Wars: Battlefront - 200k
Watch_Dogs - 200k
Watch Dogs 2 - 200k
TLoU: Remastered - 200k
Destiny - 200k
DRIVECLUB - 200k
The Division - 200k
Mafia 3 - 200k
The Witcher 3 - 200k
Final Fantasy XV - 200k
Horizon Zero Dawn - 200k
Ghost Recon Wildlands - 200k
Resident Evil 7 - 200k
Crash Bandicoot - 200k
Assassin's Creed 4 - 100k
Assassin's Creed Origins - 100k
Battlefield 4 - 100k
CoD: Ghosts - 100k
Killzone: Shadow Fall - 100k
inFamous: SS - 100k
Shadow of Mordor - 100k
NFS Rivals - 100k
The Evil Within - 100k
Dragon Age: Inquisition - 100k
Battlefield: Hardline - 100k
The Crew - 100k
Minecraft - 100k
The Order - 100k
Batman: Arkham Knight - 100k
Bloodborne - 100k
Project CARS - 100k
MGSV: TPP - 100k
Until Dawn - 100k
Just Cause 3 - 100k
Rainbow Six - 100k
DOOM - 100k
No Man's Sky - 100k
Rise of the Tomb Raider - 100k
Dark Souls 3 - 100k
Skyrim - 100k
F1 2016 - 100k
Farming Simulator 2017 - 100k
For Honor - 100k
Madden NFL 17 - 100k
NBA 2K17 - 100k
Mass Effect: Andromeda - 100k
The Last Guardian - 100k
Uncharted: TLL - 100k
Destiny 2 - 100k
Gran Turismo Sport - 100k

Xbox One

Forza Horizon 3 - 200k
GTAV - 100k
FIFA 15 - 100k
FIFA 16 - 100k
FIFA 17 - 100k
FIFA 18 - 100k
Black Ops 3 - 100k
HALO 5 - 100k
Battlefield 1 - 100k

Switch
Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 200k
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 200k
Super Mario Odyssey - 100k

Wii U

Mario Kart 8 - 200k
Super Mario 3D World - 100k
Super Smash Bros - 100k
Splatoon - 100k
Mario Party 10 - 100k
Super Mario Maker - 100k
Yoshi's Woolly World - 100k
That PS4 list is absurd.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Only 3rd Party Games on switch bomb in the UK. Doesn't mean the UK isn't strong for Nintendo.
Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario and Rabbids(yes I it's 3rd Party since Ubisoft made it but it's essentially a weird Mario game(in a good way)), Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, and 1 2 Switch have sold extremely well.
I mean highest debuting Mario Kart, Zelda, 3D Mario, and Splatoon is pretty impressive(well Splatoon was expected but yeah).

This is partly due to the fact that quite a few stores in the UK only stock 1st party games for the Switch and maybe 1 or 2 others. At least this is the case in my town anyway.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Nordic Games Sales Top 10 Multiplatform, Nov. 20, 2017
Numbers provided by GSD

Nordic Top 10:

3 3 FIFA 18
5 49 CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE
6 - FOOTBALL MANAGER 2018
7 4 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY
8 - SONIC FORCES
9 6 NHL 18
10 113 WORLD OF WARCRAFT GAME CARD

Denmark Top 10:

3 2 FIFA 18
4 3 ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS
6 53 CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE
7 11 JUST DANCE 2018
8 5 GRAND THEFT AUTO V
9 - SONIC FORCES
10 4 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY

Norway Top 10:

2 4 FIFA 18
3 - NEED FOR SPEED: PAYBACK
5 3 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY
6 93 CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE
7 - FOOTBALL MANAGER 2018
8 - WORLD OF WARCRAFT GAME CARD
9 - SONIC FORCES
10 23 OVERWATCH

Sweden Top 10:

3 3 FIFA 18
6 58 CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE
7 110 WORLD OF WARCRAFT GAME CARD
8 6 NHL 18
9 4 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY
10 - SONIC FORCES

No Doom? Shocked I tell you, shocked.

A4wy_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Or are we a week behind?

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Rocket League in 1st, Skyrim in 2nd and Doom in 5th the last I checked anyway
similar to the US then atm

so again, games consistently in and around the top 5 in multiple regions will do well regardless of retail.

Somehow games like VX2 and Street Fighter have done better than expected despite doing poor to mediocre in almost every retail chart.
And those games didn't even sniff #1 in the eshop I believe.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Its pointless if there's no digital sales data. Besides a lot of these SW games being discussed opened so low that even with an absurd digital ration it won't change much.
no, it's extrapolation. And I'm talking about Europe/West since that's the direction these threads seem to go. otherwise it'd just be 1-2 pages.
Have we not been extrapolating UK retail sales for the west or at least Europe for 8 months now?

Until a digital only game like Mania or Rocket League gives us hard numbers, we go off whatever data we have. (or if we get digital splits for a retail game)
So the data is:
Numerous indie devs say they've have good sales.
A few games with a WW sales number such as XV2 or Street Fighter, that did not chart especially high in any retail setting.
And knowing these games got to their WW amount without even being that high on the eshop.

Sept 2017 best sellers (NA, which I assume is one of the strongest territories considering it's DBZ):
10. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Top 10 Best Sellers on the Nintendo Switch eShop (Week of May 29th) (USA, link has other countries)
4. Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
(This is it's release week it seems)

If we get a November one it'll be interesting due to holiday legs for evergreens and a heavy hitter like Mario.

So this has all led to me a (seemingly highly controversial) conclusion that any game messing with that top 5 consistently is doing halfway decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.