• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
no, it's extrapolation. And I'm talking about Europe/West since that's the direction these threads seem to go. otherwise it'd just be 1-2 pages.
Have we not been extrapolating UK retail sales for the west or at least Europe for 8 months now?

Until a digital only game like Mania or Rocket League gives us hard numbers, we go off whatever data we have. (or if we get digital splits for a retail game)
So the data is:
Numerous indie devs say they've have good sales.
A few games with a WW sales number such as XV2 or Street Fighter, that did not chart especially high in any retail setting.
And knowing these games got to their WW amount without even being that high on the eshop.

Sept 2017 best sellers (NA, which I assume is one of the strongest territories considering it's DBZ):
10. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Top 10 Best Sellers on the Nintendo Switch eShop (Week of May 29th) (USA, link has other countries)
4. Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
(This is it's release week it seems)

If we get a November one it'll be interesting due to holiday legs for evergreens and a heavy hitter like Mario.

So this has all led to me a (seemingly highly controversial) conclusion that any game messing with that top 5 consistently is doing halfway decent.

What you said makes little sense and isn't grounded on any evidence. Its one thing extrapolating using actual sales, and another to determine how well a game does by its ranking when you don't know the numbers for any of the positions.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
What you said makes little sense and isn't grounded on any evidence. Its one thing extrapolating using actual sales, and another to determine how well a game does by its ranking when you don't know the numbers for any of the positions.
already gave the base evidence (SF,M+R,XV2,Bomberman) and speculation in that post, but hm, ok.
Guess we'll see who's right at a later time.

SLB1904

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
DPEVRduWsAAD7IK.jpg

i am guessing bundles are doing work for Fifa 18
Fifa is always bundled here in UK
Nothing changed

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
Are people still perpetuating the myth that the UK is a "bad market for Nintendo"? lol. It's literally one of their best markets in Europe.

Its third-party game sales are underperforming, simple as that.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
In the NPD threads we're constantly reminded that US sales aren't indicative of WW sales. Yet here apparently you can rule a game as a bomb based on physical only sales in 1 market that is what 10% or less of global sales?

I'm still not sure what was expected really. LA noire sold 20% of copies which frankly is pretty damn good considering it's userbase is dwarfed by the other 2 (and they've actually built a fan base for that type of game). If it's a bomb on switch it's just big if not more of a bomb on the other consoles.

Skyrim didn't sell all that well but it's a 6 year late full priced port of a game which was only just released last year on consoles with far bigger userbases. How much was it really expected to sell?

I think it seems misguided to judge the switches ability to sell 3rd party software based on the sales of expensive late ports. It's even worse making that judgement based on 1st week physical sales in just the UK.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
no, it's extrapolation. And I'm talking about Europe/West since that's the direction these threads seem to go. otherwise it'd just be 1-2 pages.
Have we not been extrapolating UK retail sales for the west or at least Europe for 8 months now?

Until a digital only game like Mania or Rocket League gives us hard numbers, we go off whatever data we have. (or if we get digital splits for a retail game)
So the data is:
Numerous indie devs say they've have good sales.
A few games with a WW sales number such as XV2 or Street Fighter, that did not chart especially high in any retail setting.
And knowing these games got to their WW amount without even being that high on the eshop.

Sept 2017 best sellers (NA, which I assume is one of the strongest territories considering it's DBZ):
10. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Top 10 Best Sellers on the Nintendo Switch eShop (Week of May 29th) (USA, link has other countries)
4. Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
(This is it's release week it seems)

If we get a November one it'll be interesting due to holiday legs for evergreens and a heavy hitter like Mario.

So this has all led to me a (seemingly highly controversial) conclusion that any game messing with that top 5 consistently is doing halfway decent.

NBA was only online for the first few weeks and Take Two also said they were pleased with NBA 2K18 sales.

Gearstar

Nov 16, 2017
In the NPD threads we're constantly reminded that US sales aren't indicative of WW sales. Yet here apparently you can rule a game as a bomb based on physical only sales in 1 market that is what 10% or less of global sales?

I'm still not sure what was expected really. LA noire sold 20% of copies which frankly is pretty damn good considering it's userbase is dwarfed by the other 2 (and they've actually built a fan base for that type of game). If it's a bomb on switch it's just big if not more of a bomb on the other consoles.

Skyrim didn't sell all that well but it's a 6 year late full priced port of a game which was only just released last year on consoles with far bigger userbases. How much was it really expected to sell?

I think it seems misguided to judge the switches ability to sell 3rd party software based on the sales of expensive late ports. It's even worse making that judgement based on 1st week physical sales in just the UK.

I wouldn't put too much thought on it, a lot of us don't even factor in additional information when it comes to giving analysis.

Oct 25, 2017

This might shock you so you may want to brace yourself.

Some people who talk about a game bombing are clearly doing it within the context of UK sales, for which this thread was created to primarily discuss.

Just because of a bunch of people go "but eShop" every other week doesn't actually change that this thread is about UK sales.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it's hardcore vs casual that drives digital. I think its convenience and price.

Of course I agree. I just find that convenience has a barrier that is system storage, and the casual end of the market is not somewhere I see parents and players shelling out in a meaningful way to facilitate it. Time will tell.

The digital revenue is growing. I see no reason why that growth will decline now. A portable is handy for digital downloads.

I didn't say revenue would fall, obviously that's not going to happen, I said the percentage of sales as digital - the 22% - might. I'm talking more in the short-medium term without a hardware revision that comes with realistic storage that 3rd parties will see as facilitating digital sales - that's the point I was originally responding to, that expecting 3rd parties to go all in digitally due to the issues putting stuff out physically on the platform is unrealistic as things stand. Back to the percentage - there's a potential influx of new young users over xmas time being gifted a Switch, the kinds of kids who play on 3DS, not necessarily console, who want the latest Nintendo. These are the kinds of people who will be gifted games bought off shelves as carts, not credit or codes in a virtual storefront who won't readily be expanding their unit's system storage any time soon and that's why I see a possibility there and less chance of that 22% moving upwards in a meaningful way going forwards. Less savvy users, less inclined to spend £50+ to facilitate a meaningful amount digital purchases making 3rd party support of it attractive.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand this "don't confuse UK with the whole world" argument. We always discuss about the UK chart, at least in the first pages in these threads. Does it really need to be mentioned in every post "in UK" to be clear? The main detailed data that we have is from UK. When Germany and France data is referenced it's usually mentioned in the posts.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is there any news about the XB1X's second week? I've been interested to see how and if it holds momentum but it seems all PR has gone quiet for week 2/3

Right now the XB1X is #80 and has been trending downwards since launch. And while I understand it's a console for the hardcore I expect momentum to last a lot better here and across the EU.

Y6Nsjoa.jpg

Stuart

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Are people still perpetuating the myth that the UK is a "bad market for Nintendo"? lol. It's literally one of their best markets in Europe.
It's a bad market compared to the USA I suppose, where Nintendo "saved gaming" for a particular generation and have always been stronger. I agree that the UK is a good market for Nintendo though, the Wii and DS were massive here.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
already gave the base evidence (SF,M+R,XV2,Bomberman) and speculation in that post, but hm, ok.
Guess we'll see who's right at a later time.

All those games are retail releases though with only shipment numbers. While they are successful for what they are retailers aren't exactly overwhelmed with choice when ordering games for their switch customers.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

When you go by market share it is, yes.
If we include handhelds, UK is definitely on of the worst markets for Nintendo in Europe.

The handheld market in the UK in general is one of the weakest and on the console side, both Sony and Microsoft are much stronger.
Nintendo is healthier in France, Germany, Spain or Italy.

This is the basic rule:
Microsoft is stronger in northern European markets, decent in the middle and weak in the south.
Nintendo is the exact opposite.
Sony is strong everywhere, but they're way more dominant in the south.

Last edited:

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy

Not entirely true.

It's not a bad market for Nintendo but it's been historically weaker than other relevant European markets: e.g., Spain, France and Germany. Of course, it's a good market compared to Scandinavia, lol

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Not entirely true.

It's not a bad market for Nintendo but it's been historically weaker than other relevant European markets: e.g., Spain, France and Germany. Of course, it's a good market compared to Scandinavia, lol

Is there actually any numbers to support this argument? I have seen people state how UK has been weaker market in Europe for Nintendo since they entered gaming industry but I have hardly seen any evidence for this. Also people really overestimate the size of Spanish gaming market. Game selling decent numbers in UK usually is still more than game doing great numbers in Spain.

Last edited:

Deleted member 62

Is there actually any numbers to support this argument? I have seen people state how UK has been weaker market in Europe for Nintendo since they entered gaming industry but I have hardly seen any evidence for this. Also people really overestimate the size of Spanish gaming market. game selling decent numbers in UK usually is still more than game doing great numbers in Spain.

screenshot2017-11-22a0sabs.png

The UK market certainly isn't weaker for Nintendo than the Spanish market.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Is there actually any numbers to support this argument? I have seen people state how UK has been weaker market in Europe for Nintendo since they entered gaming industry but I have hardly seen any evidence for this. Also people really overestimate the size of Spanish gaming market. Game selling decent numbers in UK usually is still more than game doing great numbers in Spain.

I had some figures a while ago looking at this on ResetEra in a PAL chart thread. The idea was that even during the DS and Wii era, hardware sales difference with respect to other platforms was smaller with respect to France. Same for 3DS.

Size of the country typically positively correlated with revenues, news at 11. When I talk about weakness of the market I don't refer to absolute revenues but in terms of market shares. Do you have data on that?

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Well it's common to say Nintendo has been a weaker brand in the UK/Europe because dating back to the NES and SNES it has always played second fiddle (besides with Wii/DS) behind Sega first and then Sony.

In France/Germany they have a higher market share/mindshare compared to what they have in the UK. So, even if they have similar absolute numbers, in the context of the market, Nintendo is a weaker brand in the UK.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
So is there any news about the XB1X's second week? I've been interested to see how and if it holds momentum but it seems all PR has gone quiet for week 2/3

Right now the XB1X is #80 and has been trending downwards since launch. And while I understand it's a console for the hardcore I expect momentum to last a lot better here and across the EU.

Y6Nsjoa.jpg
I'd be very interested in seeing how it's doing. I think it's obvious sales will have fell sharply after launch but just how much vs the competition. Once the Xbox core pick it up, I do wonder where is left to go. There still seemed to be the Scorpio Edition is stock at least through MS the other day too. The Pro is heavily populating Black Friday deals so the attention certainly won't be helping the X I don't feel. Sony have also started to TV market the Pro and 4K with the likes of GoW and Spiderman being shown early. And there's a huge price difference now. Hopefully next week we'll hear some figures from BF weekend/week/month/whatisitevenanymore?!

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Weak or Strong is always relative performance.
5% market share in the US does generate more $ than 40% in the UK.
Which one is a stronger market for the Company with those numbers, tho?

By your table, UK + Ireland does only account for 18.3% of Nintendos total European market.
And for less than 3% of the total UK gaming market.
Germany is close to 8% of the total gaming market.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
The figures show Wii U era went soft but still a decent market and who competes with UK per head in Europe before that?

Market share is moving the goal posts a bit. Supporting just PS4 and some small country not buying much of either Sony/Nin would skew this "market share" higher but per head it's doing poor.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017

Y6Nsjoa.jpg
Its down to 87 now, might be out of the top 100 in the next few hours

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France

Just look the past few years.

We won't talk about WiiU since it's was weak everywhere aside France.

But 3DS games were less represented in charts than they were in France or Germany for exemple.

We don't need exacts numbers to see that Handheld Market has never been very strong in UK.

Even during the DS days, where it was good even on UK i don't think it was better than in other European coutries.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
I had some figures a while ago looking at this on ResetEra in a PAL chart thread. The idea was that even during the DS and Wii era, hardware sales difference with respect to other platforms was smaller with respect to France. Same for 3DS.

Size of the country typically positively correlated with revenues, news at 11. When I talk about weakness of the market I don't refer to absolute revenues but in terms of market shares. Do you have data on that?

I mean sure relatively UK has been maybe a bit tougher market for Nintendo. it just feels that a lot of people mean it also when it comes to absolute numbers. It's still easily third biggest market for Nintendo in Europe despite being this ''weak'' market.

Just look the past few years.

We won't talk about WiiU since it's was weak everywhere aside France.

But 3DS games were less represented in charts than they were in France or Germany for exemple.

We don't need exacts numbers to see that Handheld Market has never been very strong in UK.

Even during the DS days, where it was good even on UK i don't think it was better than in other European coutries.

I mean sure 3DS was stronger in countries like France and Germany. One gen still doesn't make historical pattern though. DS is all time best selling console in UK and GBA and GB were just as strong in UK as in continental Europe.

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is really weird to see a GT game being discounted so hard just a month after release, almost tempted to grab a copy or 20€ but i'm still not sure about it

fe0

Oct 26, 2017

It's hard to say with any certainty which markets are the strongest for Nintendo right now, because we don't have the full figures at hand. While their handhelds tend to have solid performances in the UK, the strength of their home consoles fluctuates drastically each generation.
Based on the limited data we do have, we know that Germany and France were stronger markets for the Wii U compared to the UK.

https://www.challenges.fr/high-tech...ent-l-industrie-du-jeu-video-francaise_451962
http://www.sell.fr/sites/default/files/EJV_Bilan Mache 2016_SELL_Fev 17 ENG.pdf

France LTD through Dec 2016
(GfK/SELL)
PS4 - 3.2M (63.6%)
XBO - 1.0M (19.9%)
Wii U - 832K (16.5%)

http://www.boerse-online.de/nachric...soft-mit-der-PS4-in-Deutschland-ab-1001354158

Germany LTD through H1 2016 (GfK/Eigene Berechnung)
PS4 - 3.2M (68.99%)
Wii U - 750K (15.94%)
XBO - 710K (15.07%)

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...box-one-have-sold-5-1-million-units-in-the-uk
http://www.gamedigitalplc.com/~/med...17/full-year-results-presentation-2016-17.pdf

UK LTD through Q1 2016 (GfK Chart-Track)
PS4/XBO - 5.1M

UK+Spain LTD through November 2015 (GfK Chart-Track)
Wii U - 575K

UK LTD through September 2017
(GfK Chart-Track)
PS4/XBO - 7.5M

Last edited:

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its down to 87 now, might be out of the top 100 in the next few hours

And it's gone.

15 days and the XBox One X left the top 100 in it's second strongest market? And is still trending downwards? It literally fell off the sales cliff. I expected month after month of momentum and I'm kinda shocked it barely lasted two weeks.

I thought NPD was a lock for XBOX in November. I'd have bet my avi on it. Now I'm not so sure.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
And it's gone.

15 days and the XBox One X left the top 100 in it's second strongest market? And is still trending downwards? It literally fell off the sales cliff. I expected month after month of momentum and I'm kinda shocked it barely lasted two weeks.

I thought NPD was a lock for XBOX in November. I'd have bet my avi on it. Now I'm not so sure.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Selle...mes/13978643031/ref=zg_bs_nav_vg_h__1_vg_h_#2
Down in 38th place in the Xbox category alone

OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of sales data courtesy of GfK Chart-Track via MCV Magazine.

TOP 10 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE, WEEK ENDING 18 November 2017

01 (01) CALL OF DUTY: WWII (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 135,200 / 944,200 [-54%]
02 (NE) STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 130,000 / NEW
03 (02) FIFA 18 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 51,300 / 1,470,400 [+9%]
04 (NE) POKEMON ULTRA SUN (NINTENDO) ~ 39,000 / NEW (The splits were not disclosed but usually there is not a big difference between both versions)
05 (NE) POKEMON ULTRA MOON (NINTENDO) ~ 39,000 / NEW
06 (03) ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS (UBISOFT) - 30,600 / 234,300 [-23%]
07 (NE) THE SIMS 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
08 (NE) L.A. NOIRE REMASTERED (TAKE 2) - 20,500 / NEW
09 (06) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO) [+10%]
10 (NE) LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)

03 (NE) POKEMON ULTRA SUN / ULTRA MOON (NINTENDO) - 78,000 / NEW

MCV said:
Rockstar's remastered version of L.A. Noire entered the charts at No.8, when the original version took the top spot back in 2011. Week one sales for the remaster obviously couldn't compare with the original, which sold 12 times as much and was the fastest-selling new IP ever in the UK.

L.A. NOIRE (TAKE 2) - 246,000 / NEW
L.A. NOIRE REMASTERED (TAKE 2) - 20,500 / NEW

PlayStation 4 (51%) - 10,500
Xbox One (28%) - 5,700
Nintendo Switch (20%) - 4,100

So actually L.A Noire Remastered for Nintendo Switch had a slightly better launch than Doom.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bruno MB

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS), WEEK ENDING 18 November 2017

01 (01) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: WWII (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 75,700
02 (NE) PS4 STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 71,500
03 (02) XBO CALL OF DUTY: WWII (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 58,100
04 (NE) XBO STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 57,200
05 (NE) 3DS POKEMON ULTRA SUN (NINTENDO) ~ 39,000
06 (NE) 3DS POKEMON ULTRA MOON (NINTENDO) ~ 39,000
07 (03) PS4 FIFA 18 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 30,800
08 (05) NSW SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO) < 20,500
09 (04) XBO ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS (UBISOFT) - 17,100
10 (06) XBO FIFA 18 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 16,900
11 (NE) PS4 THE SIMS 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
12 (08) PS4 ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS (UBISOFT) - 13,500
13 (11) PS4 GRAN TURISMO: SPORT (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
14 (17) PS4 CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
15 (NE) XBO THE SIMS 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
16 (09) XBO FORZA MOTORSPORT 7 (MICROSOFT)
17 (NE) PS4 L.A. NOIRE REMASTERED (TAKE 2) - 10,500
18 (10) XBO FORZA HORIZON 3 (MICROSOFT)
19 (NE) PS4 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
20 (07) PS4 NEED FOR SPEED PAYBACK (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
21 (NE) PS4 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM VR (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
22 (RE) PS4 PLAYSTATION VR WORLDS (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
23 (20) NSW MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
24 (NE) XBO LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
25 (21) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
26 (NE) NSW THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
27 (NE) XBO L.A. NOIRE REMASTERED (TAKE 2) - 5,700
28 (13) XBO NEED FOR SPEED PAYBACK (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
29 (24) NSW THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
30 (28) PS4 WOLFENSTEIN II: THE NEW COLOSSUS (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
31 (12) PC FOOTBALL MANAGER 2018 (SEGA)
32 (32) PS4 WWE 2K18 (TAKE 2)
33 (RE) NSW MARIO + RABBIDS KINGDOM BATTLE (UBISOFT)
34 (16) XBO TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE (UBISOFT)
35 (27) XBO GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
36 (NE) NSW L.A. NOIRE REMASTERED (TAKE 2) - 4,100
37 (14) PS4 SONIC FORCES (SEGA)
38 (36) XBO WWE 2K18 (TAKE 2)
39 (RE) PS4 FALLOUT 4 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
40 (25) XBO WOLFENSTEIN II: THE NEW COLOSSUS (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Crash N:Sane Trilogy has been success all around the world but in UK it has had pretty amazing success. Still doing over 10k a week and probably just going up during holiday period. One of the brights spots of the year in terms of software sales in UK.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017

04 (NE) POKEMON ULTRA SUN (NINTENDO) ~ 39,000 / NEW (The splits were not revealed but usually there is not a big difference between both versions)

Xbox One (28%) - 5,700

So actually L.A Noire Remastered for Nintendo Switch had a slightly better launch than Doom.

How was LA Noire handled in Europe? It's been such a strange release here in the US. Amazon doesn't carry it and there has been little push for it.

Are those figures just for the UK, all of Europe, or what specifically?

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Crash N:Sane Trilogy has been success all around the world but in UK it has had pretty amazing success. Still doing over 10k a week and probably just going up during holiday period. One of the brights spots of the year in terms of software sales in UK.
This was the same thing I was going to point out. Crash legs are great.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

04 (NE) POKEMON ULTRA SUN (NINTENDO) ~ 39,000 / NEW (The splits were not disclosed but usually there is not a big difference between both versions)

Xbox One (28%) - 5,700

Hmm, seeing as Skyrim Switch was one rank above LA Noire XB1, it seems to have sold a bit over 5.7k, then. That's not as bad as we heard before with it doing less than Doom possibly, though still not very good.

Also M+R doing 4k-5k still is quite a good result for it!

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
So, for the launch of third party ports on Switch in UK, we have those results (rounded)

Skyrim > 5,700
L.A Noire ~ 4,100
DOOM ~ 3,500

If we compare those sales to games like Splatoon 2 (28K), Mario and Rabbits (between 15K and 23K), and 12Switch (does anybody have any kind of estimate lol?), i would say that those results looks absolutely reasonable.

If years old port can do those numbers, a Switch version in line with the release date of PS4/XB1 version can definitively do some good numbers. Not great, but still legit results.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, seeing as Skyrim Switch was one rank above LA Noire XB1, it seems to have sold a bit over 5.7k, then. That's not as bad as we heard before with it doing less than Doom possibly, though still not very good.

Also M+R doing 4k-5k still is quite a good result for it!
So, for the launch of third party ports on Switch in UK, we have those results (rounded)

Skyrim > 5,700
L.A Noire ~ 4,100
DOOM ~ 3,500

If we compare those sales to games like Splatoon 2 (28K), Mario and Rabbits (between 15K and 23K), and 12Switch (does anybody have any kind of estimate lol?), i would say that those results looks absolutely reasonable.

If years old port can do those numbers, a Switch version in line with the release date of PS4/XB1 version can definitively do some good numbers. Not great, but still legit results.

Yeah. Given the results new games like Rabbids ane Splatoon 2 had I am not too concerned with these numbers in context. They should do decent in other EU markets and probably post good to great results in NA. For ports they should be fine. And I imagine Skyrim will have a long tail also.

deadmonkeyuk

Oct 27, 2017
Highlands, Scotland
Is really weird to see a GT game being discounted so hard just a month after release, almost tempted to grab a copy or 20€ but i'm still not sure about it

Noticed today Tesco are selling GTS in store for £20, also Wolf 2 for £22, AC Origins for £32 and Horizon Zero Dawn for £20. Looking at Hotukdeals it looks like these are national prices. Some amazing bargains out there at the moment. With the new content coming to GTS I will probably pick it up.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
This month, Hobby Consolas has LTD numbers of many titles. Bruno'll have work to make the thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.