• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Launch sales for PS5 and Xbox Series X | S in Spain

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Launch sales of the next-gen hardware in Spain
https://vandal.elespanol.com/notici...rimera-semana-en-espana-xbox-series-xs-14000/

PlayStation 5 with disc drive: 38.000
PlayStation 5 Digital Edition: 5.000
PS5 total: 43.000

Compared to 38.000 units for the PS4, 35.000 units for the PS3, and 40.000 units for the PS2.
The biggest PlayStation launch on record is for the PSP with 54.200 units sold.

Xbox Series X: 10.500
Xbox Series S: 3.600
XBS total: 14.100

Compared to 15.000 units for the Xbox One and the 14.900 units for the Xbox 360.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Regarding Spain:

Says all PS5 stock is (of course) sold out, and the new stock they're receiving in December is already completely reserved.

They're unsure when More Series X consoles will be stocked (possibly January), but some Series S stock is still sitting in stores.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Congrats to Sony for having the biggest home console launch ever in Spain (probably?).
Interesting that Series S didn't sell out. Does someone know of XB1 sold out at launch?

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Crazy how fast PS5 has gone sold out in Spain even with so much stock available.
This year has been wild for gaming.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Congrats to Sony for having the biggest home console launch ever in Spain (probably?).
Interesting that Series S didn't sell out. Does someone know of XB1 sold out at launch?
As pointed out earlier, the Switch launch was slightly higher.
The Xbox One did not sell out at launch in the vast majority of European markets. The Xbox Series X did sell out and the Xbox Series S didn't.
It's a great debut for the PlayStation 5. Hopefully Sony will be able to provide more shipments soon, but early reports aren't so positive on that, unfortunately.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
As pointed out earlier, the Switch launch was slightly higher.
The Xbox One did not sell out at launch in the vast majority of European markets. The Xbox Series X did sell out and the Xbox Series S didn't.
It's a great debut for the PlayStation 5. Hopefully Sony will be able to provide more shipments soon, but early reports aren't so positive on that, unfortunately.
Ah OK, didn't see that post regarding the Switch.
Funny how similar PS5 launches in Japan and Spain are, with both countries receiving roughly 1 PS5 per 1000 inhabitants. I wouldn't be surprised this ratio applies to a lot of countries, with USA, UK and maybe Germany being the disproportional exceptions.
Also interesting that in Japan PS5's second week was >30% of launch numbers, whereas Spain is said to have restocks not sooner than December.

Additional infos on PS5 / XSX|S launches in Spain

El Manco

Oct 28, 2017
Some additional information from Vandal podcast:
- PS5 second shipment is sold out. For this one, it is not going to be possible to get consoles from shops, only home deliveries are allowed. Near 20.000 units that will arrive by December 15th. Retailers do not expect to have units of PS5 consoles on shelves until March-April.
- Nintendo Wii launch sales: 15.000 units.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Some additional information from Vandal podcast:
- PS5 second shipment is sold out. For this one, it is not going to be possible to get consoles from shops, only home deliveries are allowed. Near 20.000 units that will arrive by December 15th. Retailers do not expect to have units of PS5 consoles on shelves until March-April.
- Nintendo Wii launch sales: 15.000 units.
PS4 sold 150k in Spain in 2013, PS5 would have a long way to go to reach that figure if its only 63k by mid-December. Seems a bit concerning to me, but I guess we don't have the full picture yet.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
PS4 sold 150k in Spain in 2013, PS5 would have a long way to go to reach that figure if its only 63k by mid-December. Seems a bit concerning to me, but I guess we don't have the full picture yet.
Seems hard to believe that there will be so much difference in stock levels. Really hard.

We are talking about less than half.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Seems hard to believe that there will be so much difference in stock levels. Really hard.

We are talking about less than half.
It could be that Vandal have got the number wrong, or maybe Sony plan to allow more pre-orders for that stock soon, or maybe there's going to be a huge amount of stock coming in the second half of December. Maybe PS5 will be way down on PS4 due to post launch shipments, but it could just be Spain is low on the priority list this time, or it could be a sign of a trend. We've got no way of telling what's actually going on yet, but its an interesting thing to follow and speculate. This is why I enjoy following sales.

I really wish we could get the UK launch figures to get more of a full picture.

Jan 20, 2019
Well yeah, its a potentially concerning situation for PS5's stock. We all know demand is through the roof.

There are making more ps5 then ps4 in the same time frame, so it is easy to see what they are doing.

There are alocating most of their stock on the markets where Xbox is competing and making everybody else waiting until April/May.

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
There are making more ps5 then ps4 in the same time frame, so it is easy to see what they are doing.

There are alocating most of their stock on the markets where Xbox is competing and making everybody else waiting until April/May.

which markets are those? Thought onlyUS/UK was the main concern. The info we got from the countries with numbers seem to be much lower compared to PS4 launch.

Sony must be sending out a ton in only certain countries at this point

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They did however.. for whatever insane reason, choose to up the game to $70 after Sony said their games would be getting the price increase.

Baffling. People were already meh on your game, increasing the price made it even less appealing

Jan 20, 2019
which markets are those? Thought onlyUS/UK was the main concern. The info we got from the countries with numbers seem to be much lower compared to PS4 launch.

Sony must be sending out a ton in only certain countries at this point

Boths does markets yes, there is also the fact that they launch in Japan day 1 compare to 4 months later on the ps4. Most european countrys are suffering from much lower stock compare to the ps4, so, unless they are lying then yah, it seems US/UK are the main markets right now.

El Manco

Oct 28, 2017
I am not sure about new shipments in December, but I guess they will try hard in PlayStation Spain to get more stock for January 6th (DĂ­a de Reyes).

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Boths does markets yes, there is also the fact that they launch in Japan day 1 compare to 4 months later on the ps4. Most european countrys are suffering from much lower stock compare to the ps4, so, unless they are lying then yah, it seems US/UK are the main markets right now.
Which countries? For now Spain for example has higher stock compared to PS4 launch (small difference but still).

Jan 20, 2019
Which countries? For now Spain for example has higher stock compared to PS4 launch (small difference but still).

Early rumors refere to a very low stock for Belgium, Netherlands and the Scandinavia countrys, i also think the stock in Portugal is much lower compare to the ps4.

Right now is speculation, until we have numbers(which i doubt we will).

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Thinking about it, that 150k figure just seems odd to me.
If PS4 could sell 38k in launch week (ending December 1, 2013) and reached 150k about 4 weeks later, that would mean Sony managed to ship almost as many units in each December week as in launch week.
This is completely at odds with worldwide numbers that indicated Sony shipped about as many PS4 units in the entire December as in its launch week.

El Manco

Oct 28, 2017
Early rumors refere to a very low stock for Belgium, Netherlands and the Scandinavia countrys, i also think the stock in Portugal is much lower compare to the ps4.

Right now is speculation, until we have numbers(which i doubt we will).
So far we can compare numbers of November 2020 VS. November 2013 in two countries, Spain and Japan. In both cases PS5 sales > PS4.

Jan 20, 2019
So far we can compare numbers of November 2020 VS. November 2013 in two countries, Spain and Japan. In both cases PS5 sales > PS4.

There were no sales in Japan in November 2013,

Im not saying that the stock of the ps5 is not bigger then the ps4, i believe it is. It is just shame we dont have the UK numbers, that whould clear up a lot of things.

Spiegel

Oct 26, 2017
Thinking about it, that 150k figure just seems odd to me.
If PS4 could sell 38k in launch week (ending December 1, 2013) and reached 150k about 4 weeks later, that would mean Sony managed to ship almost as many units in each December week as in launch week.
This is completely at odds with worldwide numbers that indicated Sony shipped about as many PS4 units in the entire December as in its launch week.

Seems like there were multiple PS4 restocks in Spain in a short time.

www.vidaextra.com

PS4 alcanza las 80.000 consolas vendidas en España y llegan nuevas unidades

Sony ha confirmado que en nuestro paĂ­s se han vendido 80.000 unidades de PS4 desde que la consola se puso a la venta el pasado 29 de noviembre y asegura que...
80k in the first 12 days

www.europapress.es

La PS4 ha vendido 134.000 unidades en España

La filial española de Sony Sony Entretainment España (SCEE) ha anunciado que las ventas de la nueva...
134k in the first 25 days

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Seems like there were multiple PS4 restocks in Spain in a short time.

www.vidaextra.com

PS4 alcanza las 80.000 consolas vendidas en España y llegan nuevas unidades

Sony ha confirmado que en nuestro paĂ­s se han vendido 80.000 unidades de PS4 desde que la consola se puso a la venta el pasado 29 de noviembre y asegura que...
80k in the first 12 days

www.europapress.es

La PS4 ha vendido 134.000 unidades en España

La filial española de Sony Sony Entretainment España (SCEE) ha anunciado que las ventas de la nueva...
134k in the first 25 days
Crazy, so 2nd week was higher than launch week. Lucky Spain.

P Diddy

Jul 1, 2020
Do we have any other gameindustry.biz articles on overall console sales for certain months besides september and october?

Australia & New Zealand Top 10 for Week 47, 2020

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
se6Rz4O.png

Australia:
Week 47, 2020 - All Formats (Units)

LdExYgK.png

01. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
02. Assassin's Creed Valhalla
03. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (NEW)
04. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
05. FIFA 21
06. NBA 2K21
07. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
08. Grand Theft Auto V
09. Watch Dogs: Legion
10. Just Dance 2021

New Zealand:
Week 47, 2020 - All Formats (Units)
YdNOVaL.png

01. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
02. Assassin's Creed Valhalla
03. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
04. FIFA 21
05. Grand Theft Auto V
06. NBA 2K21
07. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
08. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
09. Watch Dogs: Legion
10. God of War (2018)

Week 43, 2020
Week 44, 2020
Week 45, 2020
Week 46, 2020

OP
OP
Mpl90

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
You missed the top 5 games with retail + digital in the OP,

Still showing week 43

So, here's something funny.

I thought the OP had been updated the last time I worked on it, but thanks to your post I checked and it was...unchanged since last week. I don't know what happened. Thanks for the warning.

OP now is actually updated, and two new threadmarks have been added.