• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zsidane

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wahran, AKA Oran,DZ
It will be interesting if we had EA internal forecast for NSW sales of FIFA18.
If it was up to me, I would be expecting at least 20% of total sales for FIFA19 for NSW or I would stop investing in new features for the Switch version.and carry on with Legacy Edition...

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
If it was up to me, I would be expecting at least 20% of total sales for FIFA19 for NSW or I would stop investing in new features for the Switch version.and carry on with Legacy Edition...

20% is a very high number and also very unrealistic. What you do want to see, though, is growth. The next installment should be able to sell significantly more but I wouldnt expect it to sel 20%. 5% is probably more realistic and feasable. Dont forget the massive userbase gap due to how this generation has played out. Switch also sells to a broader audience, so its a good opportunity to bring in new players.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it's a bomb but I have seen people actually saying GT Sport is a "big success" and it's "killing it" in Europe. Let's just say it's performing well. :)
People on both ends tend to be hyperbolic. It's either "x game bombed" or "x is killing it". There doesn't seem to be much in between with the way people talk haha

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Very promising results for FIFA on Switch. It has a shot at selling over 500k ww untill the next installment. I dont think any other FIFA performed this well on a Nintendo system which means the Switch is reaching to a broader audience then the typical family oriented market.

are you just speculating about the 500k?

20% is a very high number and also very unrealistic. What you do want to see, though, is growth. The next installment should be able to sell significantly more but I wouldnt expect it to sel 20%. 5% is probably more realistic and feasable. Dont forget the massive userbase gap due to how this generation has played out. Switch also sells to a broader audience, so its a good opportunity to bring in new players.
how much does fifa sell each year? 10m? 15?

if 10, you'd think they'd at least want 1 million on Switch.
If the Switch userbase doubles by the time FIFA 19 comes out, I think 10% split and up would be decent. 5% seems a bit low with only 3 viable consoles now.

what broader audience btw?

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that a price drop per se is not enough to trigger demand seems a pretty obvious and established fact. The point is, GT is selling because of a price drop, which is worrying given the status of the franchise and how recent the game is.
This is not obvious reading this thread considering there are quotes saying as much!

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
XB2 did good considering the install base.

Some titles in the top 40 have impressive legs.

In Week 45 Number of PS4 and XB One titles in Top 40 were equal. But it only lasted for a week and now its back to normal. I just thought this parity will last a little longer or the number of titles in top 40 will remain quite near to each other.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

If the Switch userbase doubles by the time FIFA 19 comes out, I think 10% split and up would be decent. 5% seems a bit low with only 3 viable consoles now.

10m? Ps4 version alone does way more than that.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Under the hood of these racing games is the power of price drops. Except maybe Mario Kart. Would it kill Nintendo to drop the price every now and then?

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Interesting. Both SKUs of Skyrim have dropped completely off the charts (Switch and PSVR).

Let's be real - it's only selling well because of a huge price reduction. It's selling a lot of copies, but not making much money. Personally I'm disappointed to see it at no. 3 in the charts, I hoped more gamers would boycott it and punish Sony for ruining the single player experience.

You're rooting for the failure of GTS and you're disappointed because it's actually selling decently? You're upset because other people enjoy something you don't like enough to buy it? That's actually a little bit sad.

Last edited:

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
how much did persona 5 sell its first week in UK?
We don't know. All we could say for certain was that it was higher than 15k (I believe the no. 2 did that amount), but the exact number still eludes us. And even if we did know it, it'd be hard to judge success from that, because the game was completely sold out, so much so that it completely dropped out of the top 40 the next week (which, at that time, meant a drop to below 1,000 units).

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah its speculation from my side. I think FIFA sells > 15 million. But yeah 1 million should be doable. But the growth aspect of it is more important I believe. It could not reach 1 million yet show significant growth. That should give confidence for future entries as well.

Frankfurter

Oct 27, 2017

Don't forget about the PC as the 4th plattform. But yeah, I think it should be in the ~10% ballpark for EA to actually invest significant amounts of money (as opposed to a Legacy Edition).

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
If the game had bombed, Sony would have released a proper GT 7 a year or two later. But since consumers rewarded this half-assed effort, they have no motivation to make a proper GT title now.
It is the best GT game created by PD focused on online... it perfected online races and so putting it ahead any other racing sim.

This is the proper GT game.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Apart of UK, I cannot see Battlefront 2 anywhere. I don't know if the game bombed or if I didn't read the list properly.

Spain is FIFA country or what? Even the Switch version got top 10.

Edit:

Look at the dates of the charts: most are still October (except France and UK), so SWBFII isn't yet recorded on those charts.

Thanks. I thought it was from previous week. Similar to Japan charts.

Last edited:

Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The switch seems to be doing good but based entirely on the strong 1st party line up.

There's definitely demand for GTS after all, seems like budget price saved the game big time.

unapersson

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. Both SKUs of Skyrim have dropped completely off the charts (Switch and PSVR).

You're rooting for the failure of GTS and you're disappointed because it's actually selling decently? You're upset because other people enjoy something you don't like enough to buy it? That's actually a little bit sad.

He's also being a bit deceptive as single player is far more than just licence tests. I'm still playing through it and most of the campaign is races, with a few really satisfying endurance races. This month's update will just be the icing on the cake.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm actually really surprised with how Playlink titles are selling.

I didn't expect them to gain much traction but they're doing really well as packaged games. I imagine digital sales would also be fairly good in that case.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually really surprised with how Playlink titles are selling.

I didn't expect them to gain much traction but they're doing really well as packaged games. I imagine digital sales would also be fairly good in that case.

Those will be keep selling, my girlfriend is already asking me about Singstar and she doesn't play much, she finished Horizon, GTA V and Last of Us though lol

BTW Italy charts are out, GT SPORT wins there, above Fifa and Call of Duty.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

The question is whether they keep investing in new features at this point. Iirc, Vita version sold in a similar ballpark to Switch one so far and that quickly became a legacy edition - but obviously, Switch has more of a future over the next few years than Vita did.

If they invest further, I suspect it'll be for that reason, not anything to do with how 18 sold.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Going into the holiday season, Mario Kart 8 is having an even higher attach-rate. It was at ~24k this week so we have a good estimate of Switch weekly sales. Probably somewhere in the 30-35k range.

zsidane

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wahran, AKA Oran,DZ
Maybe 20% is a very aggresive goal, but 5%? That's probably what the Switch version will end at by June 2018.
I believe when you have such a low marketshare (and it's perfectly fine at the moment due to no fanbase and smaller install base), growing is not adding a couple of % points but at least doubling it.

Now if only EA could share their internal forecasts...

zsidane

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wahran, AKA Oran,DZ
The question is whether they keep investing in new features at this point. Iirc, Vita version sold in a similar ballpark to Switch one so far and that quickly became a legacy edition - but obviously, Switch has more of a future over the next few years than Vita did.

If they invest further, I suspect it'll be for that reason, not anything to do with how 18 sold.
I do agree. However, Switch seems to have a brigther future than PSV did at the time. That's why I believe EA will continue to invest in order to achieve features parity with PS4/XBX and closely watch NSW numbers.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
It's freaking weird how certain people are acting like they were misled as to what Gran Turismo Sport was going to be. From day one Polyphony stated this game was different from mainline GT games, and that it will be very online and tournament centred. The bit about saves being done while online notwithstanding, everything else was known before release.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those will be keep selling, my girlfriend is already asking me about Singstar and she doesn't play much, she finished Horizon, GTA V and Last of Us though lol

BTW Italy charts are out, GT SPORT wins there, above Fifa and Call of Duty.

Sales or value? Impressive either way, but more so if its the latter.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have an idea of XCX's debut in Spain?

It was top 3 on Wii U category that month (below Super Mario Maker and Just Dance), but outside Top 10 all platforms. No approximate numbers.

There are some data of 2017 Anime JRPGs:

Tales of Berseria first week: 1,200
Persona first two weeks: 5,000
Monster Hunter Stories first week: 5,000
Fire Emblem Echoes first week: 6,500
Dragon Ball Fusions until September 2017: 16,000
Yo-kai Watch 2 (first two versions) until June 2017: 85,000

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Warning: Don't make console war bait posts like this
Italy:
1) Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)
2) Call of DutyWW II (PS4)
3) Fifa 18 (PS4)
4) Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy (PS4)
5) Uncharted L'Eredità Perduta (PS4)
6) Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4)
7) Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)
8) GTA V (PS4)
9) Pokemon Ultrasole (3DS)
10) Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (PS4)

http://www.aesvi.it/cms/charts.php?dir_pk=206

Everyone ready for tomorrow GT Salt comments?

Gonna be glorious, another massive week for GT maybe.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
France week 48 is now up.
1. Call of Duty : World War II PS4 - Activision Blizzard
2. Super Mario Odyssey Nintendo Switch - Nintendo
3. FIFA 18 PS4 - Electronic Arts
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Nintendo Switch - Nintendo
5. GTA V PS4 - Take-Two Interactive

Xenoblade 2 only 3rd in the top Switch games. I was expecting it to at least break the top 5 in France given the know love of the French market for Japanese games/anime.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
France week 48 is now up.
1. Call of Duty : World War II PS4 - Activision Blizzard
2. Super Mario Odyssey Nintendo Switch - Nintendo
3. FIFA 18 PS4 - Electronic Arts
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Nintendo Switch - Nintendo
5. GTA V PS4 - Take-Two Interactive

Xenoblade 2 only 3rd in the top Switch games. I was expecting it to at least break the top 5 in France given the know love of the French market for Japanese games/anime.

Under holidays with FIFA, Call of Duty and Mario? Xenoblade 2 might have opened 10 times what X did and still be outside the Top 5. It's a Top 5 after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.