• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You telling me to be civil, but you're spewing shit over GT since page 1.
So, shopto is the main online retailer in UK if you take their price as some relevant point to the GT position on charts.
I was making the point that GT Sport is still available well below the original retail price, shortly after launch. Even the ~£30 price charged by most other retailers is a significant discount so soon. By comparison, other popular titles such as Horizon Zero Dawn stayed close to RRP for many months. GT Sport is selling relatively well, but the lowering of the price reflects the perceived value proposition by consumers.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The PAL sales threads continue to suffer from hot take context free discussion. :/

I think people should make predictions and justify why they expect that performance.

For example, the LA noire port. What did people expect for all platforms? What would be a good expected split for switch fifa at launch and after a year? Is XB 2 doing better than X or just tanking? Is GT doing well for the franchise? Etc.

Too many cherry picking to fit pre assumed narratives. For example, third parties not doing well on x. Well y game doesnt count because of branding. Z game doesn't count because this franchise always sells well on x. Also indie games dont count. Only selling because of starving userbase (still! Lol). Oh it's m rated titles because reasons.

Also, way too much extrapolation of UK performance to world wide performance. Points being made should clarify if applied to UK only, PAL, or worldwide ( which might be less relevant)

Compared to the media create threads it's not an enjoyable read. :/

Threads are the same except in one the switch is dominating. It isn't in Europe so the conversations are different.

Jon

Oct 25, 2017
some pathetic shit going on here smh you guys turned the pal thread to shit cause of gtsport sad

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While the Xenoblade 2 drop is a bummer, its nothing out of the ordinary for JRPG's. It's pretty typical to see them drop 70% or more. Easily one of the most front loaded genre's around.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Threads are the same except in one the switch is dominating. It isn't in Europe so the conversations are different.

"Compared to the media create threads it's not an enjoyable read"
I wonder why.

Umm I gave reasons why.

No context provided for sales (predictions, past entries, etc.)
Overt cherry picking instead of aggregate data.
More extrapolation.

All those three are independent of how an individual platform or game are performing.

Without those three there's no insight, just people making assertions and otherd saying assertions are unjustified.

That's what's not fun.

I'm done with my criticism though, since doing that takes actual work (that I'm not capable of putting in). Tracking sales, predictions, etc. I just think we can have a higher level discussion since we actually get PAL data.

imt558

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was making the point that GT Sport is still available well below the original retail price, shortly after launch. Even the ~£30 price charged by most other retailers is a significant discount so soon. By comparison, other popular titles such as Horizon Zero Dawn stayed close to RRP for many months. GT Sport is selling relatively well, but the lowering of the price reflects the perceived value proposition by consumers.

22 GPB ( at Simplygames ) for Horizon ISN'T CLOSE to RRP. And shopto is just ONE retailer, one of many. Btw. you could buy HZD for 26 GPB since May IIRC. Yeah. but it's popular title and significant discount.

I note that Gran Turismo Sport is plummeting down the chart, now their heavy discount has largely ended. It's never going to match the sales of Gran Turismo 5, it's a relative bomb for the series.

GT Sport is selling relatively well

Well, yeah. Why bother

Last edited:

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder why.

I disagree with his analysis but the media create threads have more freely accessible data. That helps fill out the analysis more. You get more detailed data for one country each week than you get in all PAL territories for 1 month.

It helps a lot. I dont think it has anythinf to do with the Switch honestly.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Isn't it a fact that GTS is selling pretty well, it's also a fact that it's been heavily discounted and bundled the last few weeks but like many have said, a lot of games get discounted around this time of the year. and games get bundled. GTS is available with nearly all consoles and also the VR headset bundles.

I'm not too sure hwat the conversation is...I think we should wait a little longer and see how cheap it is in the future and how it's doing. if it drops to like £15 and falls out of the charts then maybe we could call it a bomba?

Usual suspects in the chart as expected.

I hoped Xenoblade did better, I feel the trailers didn't do it justice. I was so turned off, gave it a try becuase of the argos pricing issue and its been one of my favourite JRPG's in a long time. If it sticks to the quality the first few chapters have it will deffo be one of my favourite JRPG's in years!

Oct 25, 2017
It's selling well (as in, shifting copies) but bombing in the sense they had to cut the price drastically to convince buyers and won't have made much money as a result. You're just trying to make me look silly.

Given that it was generating more revenue then most games in the UK for the past couple of weeks, I don't think your argument pans out.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
We've got that whole chart to look at and the discussion immediately fixates on how GTS "bombed". It's boring, guys.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Let's hope WOM help Xenoblade, but yeah, never sold very well in UK and RPG are really frontloaded. I'll be really happy for Monolith with +1million LTD

5Twist

Oct 27, 2017
But we have seen that lowering the price can actually lead to more earned revenue. In addition, GTS is playing the long game, so its success largely depends on the retention of the playerbase, not its selling price.

imt558

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's selling well (as in, shifting copies) but bombing in the sense they had to cut the price drastically to convince buyers and won't have made much money as a result. You're just trying to make me look silly.

But you're silly, just like Stuart The Little. First price drop happened during Black Friday week. After that, many retailers brought back price to 30 GBP. And shopto is just one retailer. Well, you just eating a crow over and over every damn week.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Wow! Are we still having the 'GT Sport Was Discounted' discussion? Haha, amazing!

Anyway, there's not really much to talk about this week really, is there? We're into that period now where the UK charts are going to be dull as dishwater for a couple of months, before new releases start to shake things up again.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I'm done with my criticism though, since doing that takes actual work (that I'm not capable of putting in). Tracking sales, predictions, etc. I just think we can have a higher level discussion since we actually get PAL data.

Media Create threads have been in the past weeks pages and pages of pointless arguing around MH World and PS4 as far as I remember, so I don't know why would you want that also in here.

Also, maybe lead by example and post some quality info like in your guidelines instead of long complaining posts?

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Really loving the amount of information we are currently able to distill from these charts. Really makes for more informed discussion (mostly)!

Couple of topics I'd like to talk about:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2:
We've deduced from it being above FIFA 18 Switch this week that it sold over 3,000 units. That would represent a drop of less than 79% (depending on how much higher than 3,000 units Xenoblade sold this week). To put that into perspective, let's look at the percentage drops for some other JRPGs:

- Final Fantasy XV: This game has a 75% drop during its second week;
- Pokemon Sun/Moon: 72% and 77%;
- Nier: Automata: This game dropped 73%;
- Tales of Franchise: Those are very difficult to gauge, because they jump right off the top 40 after their first week. But you can probably guess that that doesn't a whole lot of good for their legs

So, Xenoblade Chronicles 2's percentage drop is very typical of RPGs, and no one should be surprised or disappointed by this drop imo.

GT Sport:
Its first week numbers were not good, only outpacing two of the weakest mainline entries by far (Edit: also GT3? haven't seen the numbers for that), but its legs seem to be impressive, and it's probably over 500k when including digital. Does anyone have numbers for the other entries in the franchise launch aligned? Would be interesting to get a genuine assessment of where in the franchise GT Sport ranks in terms of sales in the UK.

Third party retail releases:
I have made the argument several times that from what we have seen from the few third party retail releases, we can't yet determine what type of game will do well and what type won't. Discussion usually centers around M+R: Kingdom Battle, FIFA 18, Doom Skyrim, Sonic Forces, Dragonball Xenoverse 2 and LA Noire. We know M+R Rabbids is doing really well, which lends credence to the idea that third parties can benefit a lot from working with Nintendo IP. I don't think that's controversial. What some try to attach to this, however, is that that is the only way for third parties who typically make "mature" games to be successful. I don't disagree with it yet, nor do I agree with it yet. Let's see what the aforementioned games did in terms of sales performance:

Day-and-date releases:
- FIFA 18
- LA Noire
- Sonic Forces

Later releases:
- Doom
- Skyrim
- DBXV2

It's well-documented that FIFA Switch is well behind other versions and is narrowly keeping ahead of the last-gen versions. LA Noire, on the other hand, had a 20% share on Switch, only 8% less than the XB1 version. Sonic Forces' was really good as well. The latter is usually dismissed because it is supposed to match Nintendo games in style, so let's leave it out for discussion's sake. From the day-and-date releases, we see that Switch has 1 good release (LA Noire) and 1 bad release (FIFA). From the late releases, all three handed in meagre numbers.

It is a remarkable difference imo: all late ports do quite badly, while the day and date releases fare much better. I would propose the theory that Nintendo Switch owners in the UK are made up largely of people who own the system as their second system, and will have played these old ports on their other systems already, if they were ever interested. This theory would be able to explain why day and date releases fare generally better than late releases compared to expectations.

Of course, everything in this discussion, from my theory of Switch owners being multi-system owners to the notion that mature third party games won't sell on Switch, needs to await further testing, since only very few releases have come out at all.

Last edited:

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
One of the great things about Fifa on the Switch being a poor performer is the splits give us a good idea of the bottom of the chart. We know everything in the individual and multiplat charts is above 3k units.

That helps us add context that the bottom of the list may still be moving decent numbers or give an idea of legs.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks wanted to see the Switch lego marvel split.
No problem =) Lego doing good on Switch. I'm still pissed that Xenoblade vanished =(

I wonder why.
423c3a1640e2817c03efbb2saw.gif

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As in tomorrow? Didn't know that cool.

I expect it to do way better at digital but I do want to get a snapshot of how such a ridiculously popular game is going to translate to consoles.

Oh sorry I didn't realize you meant day and date with digital.

No the physical edition is coming later as far as I'm aware

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This is the second week Sonic Forces rose up in the UK charts; after it's fallen off a cliff everywhere else. Guess Britons either found some staying power/leeway of enjoyment in it that people in other regions haven't, or they're just really desperate to play any new retail Sonic game.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I'd certainly have liked Xenoblade to be doing better. Not that I think it's a particularly good game but the better these games sell the more we'll get of them.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Third party retail releases:
I have made the argument several times that from what we have seen from the few third party retail releases, we can't yet determine what type of game will do well and what type won't. Discussion usually centers around M+R: Kingdom Battle, FIFA 18, Doom Skyrim, Sonic Forces, Dragonball Xenoverse 2 and LA Noire. We know M+R Rabbids is doing really well, which lends credence to the idea that third parties can benefit a lot from working with Nintendo IP. I don't think that's controversial. What some try to attach to this, however, is that that is the only way for third parties who typically make "mature" games to be successful. I don't disagree with it yet, nor do I agree with it yet. Let's see what the aforementioned games did in terms of sales performance:

Day-and-date releases:
- FIFA 18
- LA Noire
- Sonic Forces

Later releases:
- Doom
- Skyrim
- DBXV2

It's well-documented that FIFA Switch is well behind other versions and is narrowly keeping ahead of the last-gen versions. LA Noire, on the other hand, had a 20% share on Switch, only 8% less than the XB1 version. Sonic Forces' was really good as well. The latter is usually dismissed because it is supposed to match Nintendo games in style, so let's leave it out for discussion's sake. From the day-and-date releases, we see that Switch has 1 good release (LA Noire) and 1 bad release (FIFA). From the late releases, all three handed in meagre numbers.

It is a remarkable difference imo: all late ports do quite badly, while the day and date releases fare much better. I would propose the theory that Nintendo Switch owners in the UK are made up largely of people who own the system as their second system, and will have played these old ports on their other systems already, if they were ever interested. This theory would be able to explain why day and date releases fare generally better than late releases compared to expectations.

Of course, everything in this discussion, from my theory of Switch owners being multi-system owners to the notion that mature third party games won't sell on Switch, needs to await further testing, since only very few releases have come out at all.

I've mentioned before that late ports on Nintendo systems seems to do overwhelming poorly where as games that get to share in the marketing hype and be part of the conversation generally see more favourable splits.

It strikes me like its just a bad idea to launch late ports on Nintendo systems unless its a budget version and a complete edition. I think the Nintendo ecosystem is pretty price sensitive on third party titles.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I've mentioned before that late ports on Nintendo systems seems to do overwhelming poorly where as games that get to share in the marketing hype and be part of the conversation generally see more favourable splits.

It strikes me like its just a bad idea to launch late ports on Nintendo systems unless its a budget version and a complete edition. I think the Nintendo ecosystem is pretty price sensitive on third party titles.
Well, the Dragonball Xenoverse 2 release and the SFII port did really well, though. I'm not sure it's a general thing, but it seems to be more a UK (and maybe some other regions too) thing. Of course, still with the big caveat that data is too sparse for conclusions.

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
GT Sport is doing pretty well, specially if you take into account that the subgenre (Racing > Simulation) has lost it's appeal in the last years.

And that is not just racing games, Motorsport in general is loosing it's popularity. Even F1 is suffering in the last years:

XJYW5xO.jpg

I believe racing simulator's popularity have a very solid connection with Motorsport in general, so is easy to understand that we can't expect the same numbers that past games did.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
To be frankly honest, I don't even see the indie success lasting as long on Switch as it's library expands. It'll still get a few indie titles doing really well that are suited for the Switch, but part of the success comes from the system being in the first year of release with a sparse library vs. consoles that are in their fourth year.

But overall, I expect indie sales to fall back in line with other platforms, if not lower.
Agreed, the exact same thing happened with the PS4. Indies were doing really well on it in its first year but once its library got much larger, more games came out every week and everyones backlog started growing, things slowed down. It doesn't mean indies are going to suddenly start bombing on Switch, like some seemed to completely misinterpret from your post, it just means we'll see a lot less "indie sold most copies on Switch" headlines.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Well, the Dragonball Xenoverse 2 release and the SFII port did really well, though. I'm not sure it's a general thing, but it seems to be more a UK (and maybe some other regions too) thing. Of course, still with the big caveat that data is too sparse for conclusions.

Xenoverse is def a port but SF2 isn't really a late port. It only launched on Switch and is basically a new SKU. Lazy effort but not a late port

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, the exact same thing happened with the PS4. Indies were doing really well on it in its first year but once its library got much larger, more games came out every week and everyones backlog started growing, things slowed down. It doesn't mean indies are going to suddenly start bombing on Switch, like some seemed to completely misinterpret from your post, it just means we'll see a lot less "indie sold most copies on Switch" headlines.

I agree, it will become like the other market places. I think they will still sell well, but not to the degree they are now doing. The store will be too crowded, just like the it's case with the competing stores. But I rather have this problem than having fewer games to choose from.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
GT Sport is doing pretty well, specially if you take into account that the subgenre (Racing > Simulation) has lost it's appeal in the last years.

And that is not just racing games, Motorsport in general is loosing it's popularity. Even F1 is suffering in the last years:

XJYW5xO.jpg

I believe racing simulator's popularity have a very solid connection with Motorsport in general, so is easy to understand that we can't expect the same numbers that past games did.

Looking at television viewer counts doesn't tell the whole truth though. For example in many countries F1 has gone behind paywall during last decade (for example here in Finland F1 was on public channel decade ago, not anymore). That obviously will lead to huge drop in viewcounts.

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
Looking at television viewer counts doesn't tell the whole truth though. For example in many countries F1 has gone behind paywall during last decade (for example here in Finland F1 was on public channel decade ago, not anymore). That obviously will lead to huge drop in viewcounts.

That's true, but I believe F1 is loosing steam even in markets where paid tv is not a problem. For example, Brazil is the F1's biggest market. Here, F1 is still broadcasted in open TV, and the audience has dropped a lot in the last years, so much that Rede Globo don't even broadcast the qualifying session anymore. According to thisarticle, F1 has lost over 50% of it's audience here in Brazil in the last decade.

I have a feeling that even car culture in general is not as popular as it was in the past. GT, as a game that covers both racing and car culture, will suffer if those loose popularity. The same would happen to EA's Fifa if soccer was loosing popularity.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Libraries get more competitive, but userbases also get larger. Indie games will have to sell most somewhere. PS4 has the console userbase. PC has best discounts and also large but softer base. Switch has portability and a newer very active base.

Titles that benefit from portability, are graphically uncompromised, and are Nintendo like genres (platformers, metroid vanias) might continue to do best on switch. (Again, it has to do best somewhere). Also, if Switch support from AAA publishers continues to lag, indy titles will always have less competition on Switch.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
People should read my posts more. I said in the thread last week that games like Xenoblade are extremely front loaded. No one should be surprised by the sharp drop.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Improved and refined version of my post with extrapolated numbers from earlier today

01 (01) CALL OF DUTY: WWII (ACTIVISION) - 88,075 / 1,430,355 [-41%]
02 (02) FIFA 18 (EA SPORTS) - 50,833 / 1,814,763 [-58%]
03 (04) STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II (EA GAMES) - 38,725 / 292,472 [-22%]
04 (06) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO) - 25,416 < x < 25,692 [-25%]
05 (05) ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS (UBISOFT)
06 (09) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR)
07 (08) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
08 (12) WWE 2K18 (TAKE 2)
09 (18) THE SIMS 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
10 (15) LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 (WB GAMES)

COD: WWII PS4 (55%) - 48,441
COD: WWII ONE (45%) - 39,634
COD: WWII PC (1%) - 881

FIFA 18 PS4 (57%) - 28,975
FIFA 18 ONE (30%) - 15,250
FIFA 18 NSW (6%) - 3,050
FIFA 18 360 (5%) - 2,542

SWBII PS4 (69%) - 26,720
SWBII ONE (31%) - 12,005
SWBII PC (1%) - 387

LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 > GRAN TURISMO: SPORT > 12,005

LMSH2 PS4 (43%) - > 5,162
LSMH2 ONE (38%) - > 4,562
LSMH2 NSW (18%) - > 2,161

chartSame.gif
1 CALL OF DUTY: WWII PS4 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD - 48,441
chartUp.gif
2 CALL OF DUTY: WWII XB ONE ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD - 39,634
chartDown.gif
3 FIFA 18 PS4 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS - 28,975
chartUp.gif
4 STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II PS4 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS - 26,720
chartUp.gif
5 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY NS NINTENDO NINTENDO - 25,416 < x < 25,692
chartUp.gif
6 MARIO KART 8 DELUXE NS NINTENDO NINTENDO
chartSame.gif
7 FIFA 18 XB ONE EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS - 15,250
chartDown.gif
8 GRAN TURISMO: SPORT PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
chartSame.gif
9 ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS XB ONE UBISOFT UBISOFT
chartUp.gif
10 STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II XB ONE EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS - 12,005
chartSame.gif
11 CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY PS4 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
chartSame.gif
12 ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS PS4 UBISOFT UBISOFT
chartUp.gif
13 POKEMON ULTRA SUN 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
chartUp.gif
14 GRAND THEFT AUTO V PS4 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
chartUp.gif
15 POKEMON ULTRA MOON 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
chartUp.gif
16 GRAND THEFT AUTO V XB ONE ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
chartUp.gif
17 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD NS NINTENDO NINTENDO
chartDown.gif
18 FORZA MOTORSPORT 7 XB ONE MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
chartUp.gif
19 MARIO + RABBIDS KINGDOM BATTLE NS UBISOFT UBISOFT
chartUp.gif
20 WWE 2K18 PS4 2K TAKE 2
chartUp.gif
21 THE SIMS 4 PS4 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
chartUp.gif
22 WWE 2K18 XB ONE 2K TAKE 2
chartUp.gif
23 1-2 SWITCH NS NINTENDO NINTENDO
-
chartNew.gif
24 PREY PS4 BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
chartUp.gif
25 PLAYSTATION VR WORLDS PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
chartDown.gif
26 NEED FOR SPEED PAYBACK PS4 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
-
chartNew.gif
27 FOOTBALL MANAGER 2018 PC SEGA SEGA
chartUp.gif
28 THE SIMS 4 XB ONE EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
chartUp.gif
29 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 PS4 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE - > 5,162
-
chartNew.gif
30 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
chartUp.gif
31 MARIO KART 7 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
-
chartNew.gif
32 MIITOPIA 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
chartDown.gif
33 CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE PS4 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
-
chartNew.gif
34 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 XB ONE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE - > 4,562
-
chartNew.gif
35 HELLO NEIGHBOR XB ONE GEARBOX PUBLISHING GEARBOX PUBLISHING
chartDown.gif
36 HIDDEN AGENDA PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
chartDown.gif
37 FORZA HORIZON 3 XB ONE MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
-
chartNew.gif
38 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
-
chartNew.gif
39 ROCKET LEAGUE: COLLECTORS EDITION XB ONE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
-
chartNew.gif
40 SPLATOON 2 NS NINTENDO NINTENDO

PS4

chartSame.gif
1 CALL OF DUTY: WWII SLEDGEHAMMER GAMES ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD - 48,441
chartSame.gif
2 FIFA 18 EA CANADA EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS - 28,975
chartUp.gif
3 STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II DIGITAL ILLUSIONS EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS - 26,720
chartDown.gif
4 GRAN TURISMO: SPORT POLYPHONY DIGITAL SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT. - > 12,005
chartSame.gif
5 CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY VICARIOUS VISIONS ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
chartSame.gif
6 ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS UBISOFT (MONTREAL) UBISOFT UBISOFT
chartUp.gif
7 GRAND THEFT AUTO V ROCKSTAR NORTH ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
chartUp.gif
8 WWE 2K18 YUKE'S/VISUAL CONCEPTS 2K TAKE 2
chartUp.gif
9 THE SIMS 4 THE SIMS STUDIO EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
-
chartNew.gif
10 PREY ARKANE AUSTIN BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
chartUp.gif
11 PLAYSTATION VR WORLDS LONDON STUDIO SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
chartDown.gif
12 NEED FOR SPEED PAYBACK GHOST GAMES EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
chartUp.gif
13 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 TRAVELLER'S TALES WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE - > 5,162
chartUp.gif
14 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION 4J STUDIOS SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
chartSame.gif
15 CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE INFINITY WARD ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
chartDown.gif
16 HIDDEN AGENDA SUPERMASSIVE GAMES SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
-
chartNew.gif
17 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM VR BETHESDA BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
chartDown.gif
18 WOLFENSTEIN II: THE NEW COLOSSUS MACHINEGAMES BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
-
chartNew.gif
19 ROCKET LEAGUE: COLLECTORS EDITION PSYONIX WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
-
chartNew.gif
20 DOOM VFR ID SOFTWARE BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS

ONE

chartSame.gif
1 CALL OF DUTY: WWII SLEDGEHAMMER GAMES ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD - 39,634
chartSame.gif
2 FIFA 18 EA CANADA EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS - 15,250
chartUp.gif
3 ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS UBISOFT (MONTREAL) UBISOFT UBISOFT
chartUp.gif
4 STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II DIGITAL ILLUSIONS EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS - 12,005
chartUp.gif
5 GRAND THEFT AUTO V ROCKSTAR NORTH ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
chartDown.gif
6 FORZA MOTORSPORT 7 TURN 10 STUDIOS MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
chartUp.gif
7 WWE 2K18 YUKE'S/VISUAL CONCEPTS 2K TAKE 2
chartUp.gif
8 THE SIMS 4 THE SIMS STUDIO EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
chartUp.gif
9 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 TRAVELLER'S TALES WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE - > 4,562
-
chartNew.gif
10 HELLO NEIGHBOR DYNAMIC PIXELS GEARBOX PUBLISHING GEARBOX PUBLISHING
chartDown.gif
11 FORZA HORIZON 3 PLAYGROUND GAMES MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
-
chartNew.gif
12 ROCKET LEAGUE: COLLECTORS EDITION PSYONIX WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
chartUp.gif
13 MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION 4J STUDIOS MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
chartDown.gif
14 NEED FOR SPEED PAYBACK GHOST GAMES EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
-
chartNew.gif
15 LEGO WORLDS TRAVELLER'S TALES WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
chartDown.gif
16 WOLFENSTEIN II: THE NEW COLOSSUS MACHINEGAMES BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
chartUp.gif
17 TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE UBISOFT (MONTREAL) UBISOFT UBISOFT
-
chartNew.gif
18 PREY ARKANE AUSTIN BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
-
chartNew.gif
19 DOOM ID SOFTWARE BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
-
chartNew.gif
20 MINECRAFT: STORY MODE - SEASON 2 TELLTALE GAMES TELLTALE GAMES TELLTALE GAMES

NSW

chartSame.gif
1 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO - 25,416 < x < 25,692
chartSame.gif
2 MARIO KART 8 DELUXE NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
chartUp.gif
3 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
chartSame.gif
4 MARIO + RABBIDS KINGDOM BATTLE UBISOFT (FRANCE) UBISOFT UBISOFT
chartUp.gif
5 1-2 SWITCH NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
chartUp.gif
6 SPLATOON 2 NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
chartUp.gif
7 SONIC FORCES SONIC TEAM SEGA SEGA
chartDown.gif
8 XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 MONOLITH SOFTWARE NINTENDO NINTENDO
chartDown.gif
9 JUST DANCE 2018 UBISOFT (FRANCE) UBISOFT UBISOFT
chartUp.gif
10 FIFA 18 EA CANADA EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS - 3,050
chartUp.gif
11 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM BETHESDA BETHESDA SOFTWORKS BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
chartUp.gif
12 POKKÉN TOURNAMENT DX NAMCO NINTENDO NINTENDO
chartDown.gif
13 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 TRAVELLER'S TALES WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE - > 2,161
chartDown.gif
14 RAYMAN LEGENDS: DEFINITIVE EDITION UBISOFT (FRANCE) UBISOFT UBISOFT
chartSame.gif
15 THE LEGO NINJAGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME TRAVELLER'S TALES WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
chartUp.gif
16 L.A. NOIRE VIRTUOS ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
chartUp.gif
17 MINECRAFT: STORY MODE - COMPLETE ADV. TELLTALE GAMES TELLTALE GAMES TELLTALE GAMES
chartDown.gif
18 LEGO WORLDS TRAVELLER'S TALES WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
chartSame.gif
19 ARMS NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
chartDown.gif
20 MONOPOLY FOR NINTENDO SWITCH ENGINE SOFTWARE UBISOFT UBISOFT

Last edited:

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
Spain data for November is out:

All
  1. Call of Duty: WWII (PS4)
  2. FIFA 18 (PS4)
  3. Uncharted: El Legado Perdido (PS4)
  4. Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4)
  5. Pokémon Ultra Sol (3DS)
  6. Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo Switch)
  7. Pokémon Ulta Luna (3DS)
  8. Gran Turismo Sport Edición Limitada (PS4)
  9. Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)
  10. Star Wars Battlefront II (PS4)
PlayStation 4
  1. Call of Duty: WWII
  2. FIFA 18
  3. Uncharted: El Legado Perdido
  5. Gran Turismo Sport Edición Limitada
Xbox One
  2. FIFA 18
  3. Assassin's Creed Origins
  4. Forza Motorsport 7
  5. Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Switch
  1. Super Mario Odyssey
  2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  3. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  4. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  5. Splatoon 2
3DS
  1. Pokémon Ultra Sol
  2. Pokémon Ultra Luna
  3. Miitopia
  4. New Style Boutique 3 – Estilismo para celebrities
  5. Yo-Kai Watch 2: Mentespectros
PC
  2. Overwatch
  3. World of Warcraft: Legion
  4. Los Sims 4
  5. World of Warcraft 5.0

Source: Asociación Española de Videojuegos (using GfK data)

zsidane

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wahran, AKA Oran,DZ
That's a very important thing.
Same can be said aboit France when F1 licence went from TF1 to Canal+ (or is it Bein Sports now?)

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Let's stop with the hot takes, hyperbole, rude posts and general hostility in PAL threads. This isn't a thread to argue over your favorite game selling more or less than another game. It's to look at the health of the UK market and discuss trends.

GT Sport is selling relatively well, but the lowering of the price reflects the perceived value proposition by consumers.

This is a much better way of phrasing it. Please try and use constructive language like this in the future. Thanks.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Well to be fair it's not like it has been that big in any individual western market. Solid sales all around the Europe and US and then phenomenal sales in Japan (almost half of the total).

As of Sept 30 Splatoon 2 was 3.61 million units.

Media create as of that week had retail at 1.190.563

Even with Digital that's not even near half.

Dunno why Splatoon's western performance always gets downgraded randomly.

edit
wrong about shipment data.

Last edited:

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Spain data for November is out:

All
  1. Call of Duty: WWII (PS4)
  2. FIFA 18 (PS4)
  3. Uncharted: El Legado Perdido (PS4)
  5. Pokémon Ultra Sol (3DS)
  6. Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo Switch)
  7. Pokémon Ulta Luna (3DS)
  8. Gran Turismo Sport Edición Limitada (PS4)
  9. Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)
  10. Star Wars Battlefront II (PS4)
PlayStation 4
  2. FIFA 18
  3. Uncharted: El Legado Perdido
  5. Gran Turismo Sport Edición Limitada
Xbox One
  2. FIFA 18
  3. Assassin's Creed Origins
  4. Forza Motorsport 7
  5. Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Switch
  1. Super Mario Odyssey
  2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  3. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  4. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  5. Splatoon 2
3DS
  1. Pokémon Ultra Sol
  2. Pokémon Ultra Luna
  3. Miitopia
  4. New Style Boutique 3 – Estilismo para celebrities
  5. Yo-Kai Watch 2: Mentespectros
PC
  2. Overwatch
  3. World of Warcraft: Legion
  4. Los Sims 4
  5. World of Warcraft 5.0

Source: Asociación Española de Videojuegos (using GfK data)

why did Xenoblade chart for November?
what days were tracked?

Status
Not open for further replies.